Infinite Energy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Lightbulb Infinite Energy
Note: I'm a 15 year old Canadian high school student

I thought of an ingenious idea of making infinite eco energy that doesn't need energy to run it.(well to build it yes) But I'm too scared of sharing it with the world because people will take my idea and be rich with it.

If this world was based on any purpose based society like R.B.E. I probably would do it for the people. But this is a money motive society. Call me Heartless but I really do care about money for myself with this new energy idea rather than to help make society better.

I do love thinking up new ideas, but I probably can't put them to action yet. I'm not aiming for 1 career, but rather do lots of many things in life.

Well you guys will probably say I'm trolling for not really saying anything about it but I am being serious.

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2011, 01:08 AM
RE: Infinite Energy
OK, this is all very nice, but you are 15 years old and have said absolutely nothing here, so what do you expect of us now but to think you are trolling or something similar? If you have explained what is it that you think you can do, maybe you could get some new ideas or somebody could have explained why it wouldn't work, this way you just put one new thread, completely unnecessary.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
17-09-2011, 01:36 AM
I have a idea absorbing membrane in my room, it runs on ethanol...

It's switched on now so it can suck the idea's straight out of your head. Thermodynamics be damned! Energy is free and infinite! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

Your only 15 years old, what makes you think you understand enough about physics? Even if you really are the self professed genius you claim to be why wasn't there another genius who thought of it before you? Surely you aren't the only person to come up with that idea in a world with 6.5billion people.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
17-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Don't let that demotivate you though. Keep thinking of brilliant ideas. Maybe someone thought of that before you and created said invention, but there are always other things to look forward too! Go forth and be a creative warrior!

Btw, I have ideas for energy too, which involved conversion of CO2 into fuel by bacteria, but someone done that. I've thought of devices that can amplify energy, using the concept of transformers (not the shape-shifting robots), but they aren't feasible.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
17-09-2011, 06:38 AM

Albert Einstein was 16 years old when he first thought of the speed of light: "what would happen if I could run with the speed of light, what would I see? -- if I held a mirror in front of my face, I would not see my reflection, because the light from my face would not reach the mirror" He did not tell these thoughts to his teachers because they would have thought he was nuts. Relativity theory was built on the adolescent wonderings.

Louis de Broglie was a student when he came up with the idea of particles (like electrons) could actually behave like waves. His professor thought he was nuts, but wasn't sure, so he sent a note to Einstein for an opinion. Einstein called it the idea of a genius. The electron microscope was born.

History of science is full of these "what if?" stories.

As far as why you don't want to put "infinite energy" in the hands of 'infinite greed', I can sympathize with your feelings, however -- infinite energy might just kill infinite greed.

Hans Christian von Baeyer in his delightful book: “Maxwell’s Demon” summarizes the essence of our predicament very well:

“…the real motivation of the seekers after perpetual motion …is the same stimulus that in our day inspired the outrageous claims for drawing energy out of solid metals by means of cold fusion. In the hunt for a copious source of energy, the stakes are so immense that they dull sceptical analysis. If Villard’s wheel or cold fusion could be made to work, poverty would become obsolete and the world would be transformed by a revolution of unimaginable scope.
Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2011, 07:51 AM
There is no such thing as free energy. It has never been observed in nature. Imagine if a life form managed to harness this apparently free/unlimited energy. There would no longer be any need for it to eat.

Energy can be turned into matter so now you suddenly have an unlimited source of matter. This goes against all known physics.

I'm not trying to be mean and shoot down ideas here. Just wanting to keep it real! Smile
Sure the idea of unlimited energy might be nice but until I see any evidence of such a thing i'll be skeptical and it will remain just an idea.

17-09-2011, 08:01 AM

Our finite minds can not really grasp the concept of infinity. Often, when we say infinite, we mean infinite for all practical purposes.

For example, if we could harness just a fraction of the energy the sun is radiating into space (not in our direction), it would power our civilization for all foreseeable future.

Plants don't need to eat exactly because they can do that.

It is fun to play with "what if" ideas and sometime we get surprised.

Have you read the Asimov short story that ends with the computer saying: "Let There Be Light!"?

It was my favorite of his short stories (his too).
Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Are you saying you don't want to just 'give up' your idea to the masses, but would rather harness it and make money? And you are here for advice or thoughts? My first thought was for you to get an education in business, then.

Also, age can have some impact, but I know many 'just 15' year old's who are amazing, so why can't you be? Smile Good luck.

Welcome Smile
17-09-2011, 08:23 AM
(16-09-2011 09:06 PM)Laxion Wrote:  Note: I'm a 15 year old Canadian high school student

I thought of an ingenious idea of making infinite eco energy that doesn't need energy to run it.(well to build it yes) But I'm too scared of sharing it with the world because people will take my idea and be rich with it.

If this world was based on any purpose based society like R.B.E. I probably would do it for the people. But this is a money motive society. Call me Heartless but I really do care about money for myself with this new energy idea rather than to help make society better.

I do love thinking up new ideas, but I probably can't put them to action yet. I'm not aiming for 1 career, but rather do lots of many things in life.

Well you guys will probably say I'm trolling for not really saying anything about it but I am being serious.

If you have any plans written down then it would be an idea to mail them to yourself. When you recieve it just store it somewhere (dont open it) and in case anybody takes you to court over dates of invention or anything to do with patents.......then you have the post mark/date to prove you had the idea when you said you did.

Alternativly pay money and see a solictitor/lawyer and ask to put the plans in there safe.

If I had an inevntion that could harness free energy.........I wouldnt sell it, id make it free and go down in history forever.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
17-09-2011, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 08:54 AM by DeepThought.)
Infinite energy and solar power are very different. 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of our suns energy doesn't reach this planet and that energy isn't infinite!

Laxion is scared of losing money by releasing his idea though he doesn't realise that if his idea worked it would render the concept of money useless. Energy would have no value.

Also humanity would be changed for the better immediately - no more pollution etc. Laxion be trolling or he's a sociopath!
EDIT: Or option 3 - his idea or understanding of physics is flawed.

We would be able to populate space with an infinite energy source. Like I said in my last post it's ok to have idea's. Some ideas have more merit than others...