Infinite Energy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2011, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2011 03:05 AM by DeepThought.)
RE: Infinite Energy
(23-09-2011 06:18 AM)jamesdeins Wrote:  I thought of an ingenious idea of making infinite eco energy that doesn't need energy to run it.(well to build it yes) But I'm too scared of sharing it with the world because people will take my idea and be rich with it.

His signature link... It's a spam bot! Their attacks are getting more sophisticated. They take part of a post or sentence from an earlier post and generate a new post with that content to make themselves look legit.

Then they put a link in their signature.

Bastards! Angry
(17-09-2011 01:09 PM)The_observer Wrote:  does osmosis work on such a large scale that we can generate megawatts from it? Say...What's wrong with simply using the tides?
Tidal power is good in areas where the sea level fluctuates by over 10m and there are bays that can easily be blocked off. Also you need to build sea elevators so ships can get through to the docks while still generating power and not letting water through.

The main issue is that the power output fluctuates based on the lunar cycle. There 2 periods where there will be minimal output. For optimal energy output you need to take advantage of periods where the difference in sea level is greatest. You need to let all the water in by high tide and let it out once the tide is low. Power demand doesn't fluctuate like that and there is no way to store massive amounts of energy like that!

Around Australia tidal energy pointless because the sea level change is only a few meters and there are no bays that are easily blocked off. the cost of blocking Port Phillip bay would be prohibitive - not to mention the cost of maintaining and installing the elevators that let ships through.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2011, 05:57 AM

(24-09-2011 02:50 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  His signature link... It's a spam bot! Their attacks are getting more sophisticated. They take part of a post or sentence from an earlier post and generate a new post with that content to make themselves look legit.

Then they put a link in their signature.

Bastards!

I thought it was copycat -- didn't know it was an automated copycat!

Damn the idiots!
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2011, 07:34 PM
woah still talking ? I dropped this idea, I don't how fast osmosis occurs, because I was never taught it neither 5 second google search. Anyways it's not that I have completely abandoning it. Maybe I will think about it later in life.

Gonna make new thread called 5th Industrial Revolution!

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
30-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Oh God help us...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
05-10-2011, 06:38 PM
(16-09-2011 09:06 PM)Laxion Wrote:  Note: I'm a 15 year old Canadian high school student

I thought of an ingenious idea of making infinite eco energy that doesn't need energy to run it.(well to build it yes) But I'm too scared of sharing it with the world because people will take my idea and be rich with it.

If this world was based on any purpose based society like R.B.E. I probably would do it for the people. But this is a money motive society. Call me Heartless but I really do care about money for myself with this new energy idea rather than to help make society better.

I do love thinking up new ideas, but I probably can't put them to action yet. I'm not aiming for 1 career, but rather do lots of many things in life.

Well you guys will probably say I'm trolling for not really saying anything about it but I am being serious.

haha....too bad, someone already beat you to it.

Solar Energy....that economic thing you discussed is the only reason it hasnt been implemented.

They tried to install a Wind turbine in my area a few years ago, and the ignorant rednecks went nuts.
OMG the coal jobs are doomed!!! Of course, they couldnt ban it for that reason, so they just called it an eyesore.
19-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Fail! Big Grin

Well, finite time. If I had a white hole in my pocket, it would only produce a finite quantity of joules in my time. So!

Universe is entropic. The term to use for this kinda thinking, is either null- or neg-(for negative)entropic energy generator. There's a neg-entropy generator sitting right here typing these words. How's that? I love. You know that love stuff?

Second law remains inviolate. For example, this thread. Entropy is increased by "multiplying words without knowledge." Others jump on here, bringing non-integral considerations and extraneous definitions; turning a thread into yarn.

I love. So the answer is No.

Local variance allows for paranormal event to occur (such as taking a voltmeter to your "magic pet rock," let's say; and showing current flow) I blame it on all the deterministic chaos in the world. And when one moves a local reality into a greater reality, what invariably happens? Reality works against you. Being a Senior in High School as a Star Quarterback is being a local hero. Going to Penn State in the fall on a football scholarship is reality telling you - be prepared to get sorted.

The skill set of the individual is largely irrelevant - moving into a greater reality means reality decides. That's not "giving Agency to reality like it was some kinda god," that's simple truth.

Here's why: Universe is a self-organizing, self-correcting system; localities of paranormal event occur from the dynamics of a chaotic system. (all miracles explained)
Or it is not. It is a static and rigid framework. This second one, you could probably disprove by the hour; yet to build an actual neg-entropy device in such a positive entropic universe is to have a white hole in your pocket that will devour the universe...

So be careful, but have fun. Big Grin

(Earth is a chaotic dynamic of sorts - I hypothesize off-planet solar, but there ain't no "green energy." Whatever one gets out of one's solar panels ain't going back into the system - for example. No big, as the numbers are minuscule; there. Put those kinda numbers into some blue-sky happy horseshit like tidal power? Call it Green, and a National Initiative? And the oceans stop breathing?)

So be careful, and have fun. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Patience.........Its coming.

http://ecatnews.com/

http://earthbagbuilding.wordpress.com/20...catalyzer/

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
20-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Big Grin Sorry for greatly exaggerating. I guess it's best to say, just wondering what other ways of harvesting energy, and different forms of energy. Also ways to make more energy gathering more efficient. Hence the infinite energy project.

Of course I have a money motive, It's america people. Capitalism. Well now I thought about it. My values are humanity, no longer about money. I thought money because of the technology I don't have right now, the digital divide. I think everyone should be able to have access to updated technology, medical facility, opportunities in life. Hence The R.B.E system.

Well time to try my best to live as a purpose motive person! C:

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
23-10-2011, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 04:48 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
Quote:Put those kinda numbers into some blue-sky happy horseshit like tidal power? Call it Green, and a National Initiative? And the oceans stop breathing?)
Say what?!?

I took Infinite Energy in this context to mean a relatively unending supply of energy on earth.
Not something that could indefinitely produce power, as that is obviously impossible.
23-10-2011, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 09:35 PM by houseofcantor.)
(23-10-2011 04:42 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
Quote:Put those kinda numbers into some blue-sky happy horseshit like tidal power? Call it Green, and a National Initiative? And the oceans stop breathing?)
Say what?!?

I took Infinite Energy in this context to mean a relatively unending supply of energy on earth.
Not something that could indefinitely produce power, as that is obviously impossible.

I didn't say nuttin! Big Grin

I have given a lot of thought on this matter in the past, and this summary is merely a warning against thinking "green power" is "free power." And tidal power does kinda scare me. Wink
(19-10-2011 06:11 PM)bemore Wrote:  Patience.........Its coming.

http://ecatnews.com/

http://earthbagbuilding.wordpress.com/20...catalyzer/

This looks interesting. It ain't cryo-arithmetic, is it? Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user