Infinite Energy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2013, 04:54 AM
RE: Infinite Energy
There's a law of conservation of energy/matter[1], which is essentially a thermodynamic law but one that has been found to hold as we've delved into the quantum world. Before you hang your hat too firmly upon it however, do consider that we don't know everything. We don't know, ultimately, what the universe is made of. We have a pretty good standard model of quantum physics, but what beyond that is stuff made of? Are there untapped reserves of energy at the very base of our universe's structure? Are there untapped reserves outside of our universe? If we have enough fine-grained control over individual atoms and subatomic patterns do thermodynamic laws that are based on statistical averages even necessarily apply any more?

You'd need to overturn a lot of physics to produce a perpetual motion machine or an overunity motor, or equivalently: If you were to produce one a lot of physics would be overturned. It is unlikely, and particularly unlikely for someone to come up with it due to a thought experiment in their bedroom... but not completely impossible. Max Planck was advised by his professor not to enter physics "in this field, almost everything is already discovered, and all that remains is to fill in a few holes.". Max Planck laid the basic foundations for quantum theory.

A law is what it is. It's our best tentative knowledge, and an old law like conservation of energy has stood the test of time across multiple revolutions of our knowledge of the universe. Still, even such things can be overturned or found to be true only in cases we've applied them to. We sometimes find a new law that looks a lot like the old one at our usual scale but very little like the old one at a very different scale.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 09:20 AM
i have an idea for a device which can create infinite energy(after providing a little electricity )
my idea is take a generator and place electromagnets near the turbines ...first we supply energy to electromagnets to make the turbines rotate and produce energy, and use the energy produced by the generator to power the electromagnets later instead of any external source ....the generator produces electricity and few of it is used to run the electromagnets and the rest is stored....so finally we have a self powered electricity producing generator which gives infinite energy.

i am a 14 year old and it mostly works theortically and i have no idea if this can work practically, can u guys tell me if this works ???
03-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Welcome to the forum, phani.

We have a few fizzycysts here who could probably advise (and I'll wager that someone or other's laws of thermodynamics might have something to do with it). Smile

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-06-2014, 10:08 AM
(03-06-2014 09:20 AM)phani Wrote:  i have an idea for a device which can create infinite energy(after providing a little electricity )
my idea is take a generator and place electromagnets near the turbines ...first we supply energy to electromagnets to make the turbines rotate and produce energy, and use the energy produced by the generator to power the electromagnets later instead of any external source ....the generator produces electricity and few of it is used to run the electromagnets and the rest is stored....so finally we have a self powered electricity producing generator which gives infinite energy.

i am a 14 year old and it mostly works theortically and i have no idea if this can work practically, can u guys tell me if this works ???

Sorry, that won't work. You haven't accounted for the fact that every part works below 100% efficiency.

Google "perpetual motion machine".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-06-2014, 10:13 AM
(03-06-2014 10:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 09:20 AM)phani Wrote:  i have an idea for a device which can create infinite energy(after providing a little electricity )

Sorry, that won't work. You haven't accounted for the fact that every part works below 100% efficiency.

thank you for making me aware ,but what if the input of energy is given at regular intervals of time???it would give out more energy than it used wouldn't it??
03-06-2014, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 11:50 AM by Chas.)
(03-06-2014 10:13 AM)phani Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 10:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  Sorry, that won't work. You haven't accounted for the fact that every part works below 100% efficiency.

thank you for making me aware ,but what if the input of energy is given at regular intervals of time???it would give out more energy than it used wouldn't it??

No, it won't.

The energy output of the turbine is always less that its energy input because some energy is lost due to friction. So over time the output will power the electromagnets less and less which will in turn power the turbine less and less which will in turn ...

There are other losses besides friction, but you get the idea.

As for adding power at intervals - where did that energy come from? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2014, 10:30 AM
(03-06-2014 09:52 AM)DLJ Wrote:  We have a few fizzycysts here

Yay! The word has begun to spread!

I feel like a proud mother. Smile
03-06-2014, 10:58 AM
(03-06-2014 10:30 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 09:52 AM)DLJ Wrote:  We have a few fizzycysts here

Yay! The word has begun to spread!

I feel like a proud mother. Smile

Sorry. It's a DLJ original.

Evidence of the contrary please with date and time stamps.

Cool

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-06-2014, 11:13 AM
(03-06-2014 10:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sorry. It's a DLJ original.

Cool

Oh I could have sworn that I used it on here before but google only comes up with your posts. I am so sorry. Looks like I'm the one that has been inadvertently spreading your words. What is it with you? First equivocation and now fizzy cyst?? Are you like some cuckoo dictionary laying odd words into people's brains?

I feel used.
03-06-2014, 11:26 AM
(03-06-2014 11:13 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 10:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sorry. It's a DLJ original.

Cool

Oh I could have sworn that I used it on here before but google only comes up with your posts. I am so sorry. Looks like I'm the one that has been inadvertently spreading your words. What is it with you? First equivocation and now fizzy cyst?? Are you like some cuckoo dictionary laying odd words into people's brains?

I feel used.

I have no copyright. You are welcome to spread whatever you like of mine. Angel