Poll: Am I full of shit?
You're full of shit.
Good Idea, but I still think you're wrong.
I agree with you.
[Show Results]

Infinite Universe Afterlife Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: Infinite Universe Afterlife Theory
(03-08-2015 12:47 PM)hasgclean Wrote:  
(01-08-2015 04:58 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Second... your consciousness is irrevocably a product of our current, living brain.

Hello there ^^

I feel obliged to intervene here because I want people to be open to the possibility that the brain does not produce coubsciousness but rather manifests it in a limited (senses) form. The counsciousness you are a part of is infinite. See for example Dr.John Hagelin explaining transcendental meditation and quantum mechanics.

Let me juice this up by adding that every atom in your brain is actualy recycled in about 1year or a bit more so it cannot be the matter in there that does all the magic ^^,

This leads to the belief that without that matter, counscious awareness could still be there.

Cheers.

The atoms are not all replaced in one year; where do you people get this shit?
Regardless, it is not the atoms that make up consciousness, it's the chemical reactions and patterns of connections that create it. Consciousness is an emergent property of a brain.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-08-2015, 02:53 PM
(03-08-2015 02:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  The atoms are not all replaced in one year; where do you people get this shit?

Dr John Hagelin sounds a lot more trustworthy than some guy on the internet, no offense. It's the "Dr" in front of his name. Just says "trustworthy" like nothing else can. Dunno what he's a doctor of though... or where he got his Phd...

Evil_monster

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
03-08-2015, 03:26 PM
(02-08-2015 08:37 PM)Manicon Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 04:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah, that's what Brian Greene says in his Nova video. He sayS past, present and future are all real, now. Depending what direction you're moving and how fast. someone else's "present' can be either in your past, your present or your future. It's all there, now. Hobo

Could we all be part of the same consciousness?

Sure. Once the singularity arrives and we become the Borg. I did read something recently similar to that. Animal brains connected up to make mind-melded computer

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
03-08-2015, 06:14 PM
(03-08-2015 12:47 PM)hasgclean Wrote:  
(01-08-2015 04:58 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Second... your consciousness is irrevocably a product of our current, living brain.

Hello there ^^

I feel obliged to intervene here because I want people to be open to the possibility that the brain does not produce coubsciousness but rather manifests it in a limited (senses) form. The counsciousness you are a part of is infinite. See for example Dr.John Hagelin explaining transcendental meditation and quantum mechanics.

Let me juice this up by adding that every atom in your brain is actualy recycled in about 1year or a bit more so it cannot be the matter in there that does all the magic ^^,

This leads to the belief that without that matter, counscious awareness could still be there.

Cheers.

"Hagelin completed an undergraduate degree in physics with highest honors (summa cum laude) from Dartmouth. He studied physics at Harvard under Howard Georgi, earning a Master's degree in 1976 and a Ph.D. in 1981."
-Wikipedia

Doesn't add to his credibility in biology much. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2015, 06:58 PM
(03-08-2015 12:47 PM)hasgclean Wrote:  Let me juice this up by adding that every atom in your brain is actualy recycled in about 1year or a bit more so it cannot be the matter in there that does all the magic ^^,

There are some pretty cool computer servers around, where by you can hot swap the CPUs. This means that while the program is running (Instance) you can remove half the CPUs and the program continues to run. Replace those with new CPUs and then remove the other half and replace those also. You will experience no downtime, no loss of continuity.

But, if you remove all the CPUs then of course the program ceases to operate. It's cool technology but not really magic.

(03-08-2015 12:47 PM)hasgclean Wrote:  This leads to the belief that without that matter, counscious awareness could still be there.
What would happen if we removed the whole brain? Would your conscious awareness still be there? How could we prove that?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
04-08-2015, 01:48 AM
(03-08-2015 02:16 PM)Manicon Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 10:54 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No it's not called "eternalism" except by religious idiots. It was already covered in the video I posted at the beginning of this thread, Blowjob.
You explain how someone in the present dimensions of space-time can have access to another position and direction in space-time, and then maybe it's a worthwhile concept.

Sorry, I just looked it up and saw that it was a philisophical term. Didn't mean for it to get religious

Philosophy is not religion. And theory has scientific support.
04-08-2015, 01:52 AM
(03-08-2015 06:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  "Hagelin completed an undergraduate degree in physics with highest honors (summa cum laude) from Dartmouth. He studied physics at Harvard under Howard Georgi, earning a Master's degree in 1976 and a Ph.D. in 1981."
-Wikipedia

Doesn't add to his credibility in biology much. Consider

Although he certainly is an itneresting fella. Far different to the run-of-the-mill nutjobs one usually comes across. Achieved some significant things:
Quote:In 1990, Hagelin founded Enlightened Audio Designs Corporation (EAD) with electronics engineer Alastair Roxburgh.[72] As President and Director of Research for EAD, Hagelin designed and manufactured high-end digital-to-analog (D-to-A) converters, which were critically acclaimed.[73] In 1995, EAD was the first company in the world to develop and commercialize home theater surround-sound processors incorporating multi-channel digital surround-sound technologies, such as Dolby Digital and DTS.[72]
Quote:Theoretical physics research

During his time at CERN, SLAC and Maharishi University of Management (MUM), Hagelin worked on supersymmetric extensions of the standard model and grand unification theories.[14] In the years 1979–96, Hagelin published more than 70 papers about particle physics, electroweak unification, grand unification, supersymmetry and cosmology, most of them in academic scientific journals.[14] His work on the "flipped SU(5), heterotic superstring theory," is considered one of the more successful unified field theories or "theories of everything"[20] and was once highlighted in a cover story in Discover magazine.[21]

Hagelin co-authored a 1983 paper entitled "Weak symmetry breaking by radiative corrections in broken supergravity,"[22] which is included in a list of the 103 most-cited articles in the physical sciences in 1983 and 1984.[23] By 2007, "Supersymmetric relics from the big bang," a study Hagelin published in 1984, had been cited more than 500 times.[24] In a 2012 interview in Science Watch, coauthor Keith Olive said that the work he had done on this 1984 study was among that which had given him the greatest sense of accomplishment.[25]

Those are no mean feats. Just goes to show, you can be totally loony and still do good research. Gotta be the most extreme example I've ever seen though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-08-2015, 11:15 AM
(03-08-2015 06:58 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 12:47 PM)hasgclean Wrote:  Let me juice this up by adding that every atom in your brain is actualy recycled in about 1year or a bit more so it cannot be the matter in there that does all the magic ^^,

There are some pretty cool computer servers around, where by you can hot swap the CPUs. This means that while the program is running (Instance) you can remove half the CPUs and the program continues to run. Replace those with new CPUs and then remove the other half and replace those also. You will experience no downtime, no loss of continuity.

But, if you remove all the CPUs then of course the program ceases to operate. It's cool technology but not really magic.

(03-08-2015 12:47 PM)hasgclean Wrote:  This leads to the belief that without that matter, counscious awareness could still be there.
What would happen if we removed the whole brain? Would your conscious awareness still be there? How could we prove that?
Are you saying that if we take all the material properties of a computer and put them together in the same exact way they are arranged in my brain, the computer would be counsciously aware as I am? I haven't got alot of information on the state of AI but I believe we have already reached that point or are very close to it and no computer has the potential we have. It would definetely change the course of humanity towards evolution.

I want to apologize for not presenting all those who quoted me with arguments that support my belief. I merely wanted to point out what the last scientific knowledge in counsciousness points to see if there would be any receptivity from the community ^^

Looking forward to all the skepticism the human mind has to offer.

Cheers.
04-08-2015, 04:34 PM
(04-08-2015 01:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  And theory has scientific support.

Don't know much about theories do you Bubba?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
04-08-2015, 04:38 PM
(04-08-2015 01:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 02:16 PM)Manicon Wrote:  Sorry, I just looked it up and saw that it was a philisophical term. Didn't mean for it to get religious

Philosophy is not religion. And theory has scientific support.

Great. Let's see some.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.