Info about Bethel Church for the UK

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Info about Bethel Church for the UK
Hi,
I am in England and I have a friend of a friend (also English) who is at the Bethel Church in Redding, California, they are now going to be a pastor there (whatever a pastor is! like a vicar I guess)

I am guessing this forum is mostly based in the USA so might know more about the Bethel place?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2015, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 12:31 PM by Tonechaser77.)
RE: Info about Bethel Church for the UK
(08-06-2015 09:19 AM)tom_online Wrote:  Hi,
I am in England and I have a friend of a friend (also English) who is at the Bethel Church in Redding, California, they are now going to be a pastor there (whatever a pastor is! like a vicar I guess)

I am guessing this forum is mostly based in the USA so might know more about the Bethel place?

Thanks

What type of info are you looking for?

Bethel is a US megachurch with a worldwide reach of worship music. Jesus Culture (the music worship group) stems from there, however some people have split and formed a Jesus Culture church in Sacramento CA. Bethel is primarily a fundamentalist Pentecostal movement. They incorporate speaking in tongues, dancing, etc in their "weekend experiences".

**Crickets** -- God
08-06-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: Info about Bethel Church for the UK
There's a small church near to me (in England) called Bethel church. Don't think they are related though. They used to hold a reasonably priced 'Kids Club' there where parents could send their kids while they are at work during the school term breaks.
My mum used to send my little brother there for a while (for afordable convinience rather than religious reasons), until she made the mistake of asking them if they were having a halloween fancy dress party for the kids... Laugh out load

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased