Innocent add lines that sound funny.......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Innocent add lines that sound funny.......
Ok, there are lines in radio and TV adds that yea, it is me, but still sound funny even though they did not mean it that way.

Just now I was overhearing a TV add for a product called "Catch Caddy", you put between your vehicle seats to catch anything that might fall between them. In the add a woman says "It is so easy to pull it out"............

A long time ago, I worked at a mom and pop radio station and had to load corporate adds into the computer. Ran into a antacid add where a guy said "You know how a hot dog plumps up just before it bursts?" I laughed so hard I was glad I was not drinking anything at the time I played it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2015, 09:35 AM
RE: Innocent add lines that sound funny.......
There was that old Colgate ad in the UK that talked about a "Ring of Confidence"....seemed more apt for Preparation-H...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Not an add, but once had a female co worker walk into the kitchen I was working at at the time and she had just had some homemade soup one of the cooks made and said "That is the best thing I have ever had in my mouth"...........The entire kitchen staff died.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
02-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Not really a line, but the first time I saw this ad I about fell out of my chair laughing.

[Image: SNL_1573_08_Shake_Weight_DVD_zpsm4mkhd4v.png]
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
02-01-2015, 10:12 AM
(02-01-2015 09:40 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Not an add, but once had a female co worker walk into the kitchen I was working at at the time and she had just had some homemade soup one of the cooks made and said "That is the best thing I have ever had in my mouth"...........The entire kitchen staff died.

Similar thing: the one female member of a team of programmers babysitting changes to the Bank network at 4am in a cold computer room just had to stretch her arms wearily and say: "So guys don't you find you just get stiff in the morning".... Smile

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
02-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Well, if we are into images... this play doh cake decoration tool has been doing the facebook rounds:
[Image: B6EPRR4IAAE6cW4.jpg:large]
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/12/...99508.html

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
02-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Any ad that has the word 'Therapist' in it.
02-01-2015, 10:31 AM
I saw that in the news. Toys R Us now has a private back room behind the curtains.

[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
02-01-2015, 10:33 AM
(02-01-2015 09:52 AM)pablo Wrote:  Not really a line, but the first time I saw this ad I about fell out of my chair laughing.

[Image: SNL_1573_08_Shake_Weight_DVD_zpsm4mkhd4v.png]

I would have been fired as the ad person for the product. I imagined a good ad line would be:

"Do you like jerking off? Do you like robots? Do you like jerking off robots? Well, the Shake Weight is the product for you!!!"
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post