Inside Nature's Giants

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2010, 05:16 PM

Inside Nature's Giants
First post here at this wonderful forum, don't really know if it's normal to post thread like this, but I think this is series is highly interesting. Hope you'll find it too. Basically if you like biology, animals and don't mind a lot of guts. This is for you.

The series shows experts performing dissection on some of nature's largest animals, including whales and elephants. It's quite fascinating.

It's quite hard to find and download from the interwebs, so just go to youtube and search it. or here Smile http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...iants&aq=0

oh the show also features Richard Dawkins. again it's fascinating and you get to learn a little evolutionary biology.

hope you like it.
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2010, 08:06 PM
RE: Inside Nature's Giants
funfact: Dawkins actually refers to this program in The Greatest Show On Earth. This is the part of his book where he writes about the vestigial laryngeal nerve in giraffes.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2010, 10:09 PM
(13-12-2010 08:06 PM)ThinkingNorseman Wrote:  funfact: Dawkins actually refers to this program in The Greatest Show On Earth. This is the part of his book where he writes about the vestigial laryngeal nerve in giraffes.

One of my favorite parts of the book. I love how Dawkins sees that evolution is so imperfect. It's corrective. Absolute proof that there was no "design".

(Yikes. Did I just say "absolute proof"??? Bring on the flames!!!! LOL)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
13-12-2010, 10:29 PM
(13-12-2010 10:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  (Yikes. Did I just say "absolute proof"??? Bring on the flames!!!! LOL)

HAH! I think I got inside your head! Big Grin

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
19-01-2011, 03:32 AM
To be honest , biology of life is fascinating.
I'm curios what happens if we find life somewhere else.
Remember the hype surrounding the bacteria which incorporated arsenic in its structure ?
Imagine if we found life on Europa (Jupiter's moon) , how awesome would that be ? Tongue
19-01-2011, 03:37 AM
That would be profound. Big Grin

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
19-01-2011, 10:40 PM

Thanks for posting! This sounds cool. I'm reading The Greatest Show on Earth now, so this would be really applicable.

Too bad the dragonfly with the 3-foot wingspan is extinct. That would be a cool dissection!
Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2011, 03:05 AM
Thanks for posting this. I watched the first part of the elephant, then the rest, then the dissection of the great white and soon I had seen half a dozen of these. =]

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
27-02-2011, 04:08 AM
WhyEvolutionIsTrue has TONS of great videos! I waste hours away just sitting, learning things I had angrily skimmed over as a teenager. I'm eating it up like candy now. xD

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2011, 09:20 AM
It must be an amazing series, I tried to watch some episodes, but I just can't stand the sight of all that guts and everything Confused It sucks

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine