Insomnia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2013, 01:59 PM
RE: Insomnia
(07-08-2013 11:09 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I was up until 4 and got up at 6

For the past 2 months, I have slept for 4-5 hours. That can't be healthy... Unsure

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 02:03 PM
(07-08-2013 01:59 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 11:09 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I was up until 4 and got up at 6

For the past 2 months, I have slept for 4-5 hours. That can't be healthy... Unsure

I can only assume you mean 'per day' and not in total. That certainly wouldn't be healthy.

... this is my signature!
07-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Have you tried drinking heavily?

... Don't.
09-08-2013, 02:38 AM
(07-08-2013 02:03 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I can only assume you mean 'per day' and not in total. That certainly wouldn't be healthy.

Yes, I mean per day.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
02-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Old thread, but I can't sleep ugh Sad
02-08-2015, 06:03 PM
(02-08-2015 01:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Old thread, but I can't sleep ugh Sad

Have you ever tried passonflower? That stuff knocks me out. Eat something with tryptophan in it. I think bananas have a little bit of tryptophan.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-08-2015, 06:13 PM
(02-08-2015 06:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 01:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Old thread, but I can't sleep ugh Sad

Have you ever tried passonflower? That stuff knocks me out. Eat something with tryptophan in it. I think bananas have a little bit of tryptophan.

No, I'll have to try that. Thanks! Smile
02-08-2015, 06:57 PM
I am an insomniac, along with my mother and brother. I generally 'sleep' about 4hrs a night overall, which tends to be in half hour to an hour bursts.

I have been to a sleep clinic which is how I found out about my sleep pattern. The clinic visit came about after I went 5 nights without sleep (I know that some insomniacs say that they don't sleep at all, but they actually do; in bursts like me. This 5 nights was different). This lack of sleep caused me to have the worst experience of my life, during which I seriously considered suicide. It was compared to a very serious bout of depression. I actually began sorting out my affairs before committing the act. What saved me was the fact that I totally broke down in front of my partner who got me an emergency appointment with my doctor. I now take diazepam when needed; usually 2 nights in 8. This seems to kick start my sleeping pattern.

My withdrawal from using medication for another ailment, namely anxiety attacks that cause epileptic type fits, was a contributory factor. I now know that I will have to be on this medication for life.

Wide of the Mark agrees that animals change over time but thinks evolution is false. Facepalm
02-08-2015, 07:08 PM
(02-08-2015 06:57 PM)joben1 Wrote:  I am an insomniac, along with my mother and brother. I generally 'sleep' about 4hrs a night overall, which tends to be in half hour to an hour bursts.

I have been to a sleep clinic which is how I found out about my sleep pattern. The clinic visit came about after I went 5 nights without sleep (I know that some insomniacs say that they don't sleep at all, but they actually do; in bursts like me. This 5 nights was different). This lack of sleep caused me to have the worst experience of my life, during which I seriously considered suicide. It was compared to a very serious bout of depression. I actually began sorting out my affairs before committing the act. What saved me was the fact that I totally broke down in front of my partner who got me an emergency appointment with my doctor. I now take diazepam when needed; usually 2 nights in 8. This seems to kick start my sleeping pattern.

My withdrawal from using medication for another ailment, namely anxiety attacks that cause epileptic type fits, was a contributory factor. I now know that I will have to be on this medication for life.

My not being able to sleep is just a sporadic thing (mostly due to pms issues). A year or so ago, however, I was under a lot of stress and I struggled with insomnia for several months.

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Thanks Jennybee :-) It's strange, the depression lifted markedly immediately after I got a nights sleep that night of the doctors visit, and no more suicidal thoughts. Just shows you how important sleep is.

Wide of the Mark agrees that animals change over time but thinks evolution is false. Facepalm