Insomnia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: Insomnia
(02-08-2015 07:23 PM)joben1 Wrote:  Thanks Jennybee :-) It's strange, the depression lifted markedly immediately after I got a nights sleep that night of the doctors visit, and no more suicidal thoughts. Just shows you how important sleep is.

So true! Luckily, I never had suicidal thoughts or depression from lack of sleep--but man, I could not function in any capacity. I was a zombie most days. I am so glad you are doing better! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-08-2015, 10:37 AM
(02-08-2015 07:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 07:23 PM)joben1 Wrote:  Thanks Jennybee :-) It's strange, the depression lifted markedly immediately after I got a nights sleep that night of the doctors visit, and no more suicidal thoughts. Just shows you how important sleep is.

So true! Luckily, I never had suicidal thoughts or depression from lack of sleep--but man, I could not function in any capacity. I was a zombie most days. I am so glad you are doing better! Smile

A couple of years ago I was going through a great deal of turmoil in my life and sleep was sometimes impossible. That's when I discovered Yoga Nidra. I downloaded a version that I really liked and listened to it before bed. If I woke up in the middle of the night I'd turn it back on.

Some people swear by this breathing technique but I never worked for me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...CONDS.html

I found that holding the breath for 7 seconds actually created more tension in my body but it might work for others.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-08-2015, 10:41 AM
(03-08-2015 10:37 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 07:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So true! Luckily, I never had suicidal thoughts or depression from lack of sleep--but man, I could not function in any capacity. I was a zombie most days. I am so glad you are doing better! Smile

A couple of years ago I was going through a great deal of turmoil in my life and sleep was sometimes impossible. That's when I discovered Yoga Nidra. I downloaded a version that I really liked and listened to it before bed. If I woke up in the middle of the night I'd turn it back on.

Some people swear by this breathing technique but I never worked for me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...CONDS.html

I found that holding the breath for 7 seconds actually created more tension in my body but it might work for others.

Yes, yoga (and meditation) definitely helped me through that whole time Thumbsup I also do some yoga (specifically for pms) which helps sometimes. I get major cramps and have trouble sleeping during my period. Sad Some period pills also have caffeine in them wtf No
04-08-2015, 05:57 PM
(03-08-2015 10:37 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I found that holding the breath for 7 seconds actually created more tension in my body but it might work for others.

I read somehere,, I think from Weil, that the ratio is what's important. So 2-4-4 might work. Me, I just take a boatload of different pills: melatonin, doxylamine succinate (Unisom), dihphenhydramine hydochloride (Benadryl), Seroquel, Trazadone.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-08-2015, 06:06 PM
(04-08-2015 05:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 10:37 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I found that holding the breath for 7 seconds actually created more tension in my body but it might work for others.

I read somehere,, I think from Weil, that the ratio is what's important. So 2-4-4 might work. Me, I just take a boatload of different pills: melatonin, doxylamine succinate (Unisom), dihphenhydramine hydochloride (Benadryl), Seroquel, Trazadone.

How the hell do you manage to wake up.Gasp

A Benadryl will knock me on my ass.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
04-08-2015, 08:11 PM
I have been sleep deprived for about 15 years or so...take that, plus being hyper active, and an obsession with working out like a lunatic....= brain dead. I had my sleep apnea corrected with an 8 hour horrific surgery, but still cant sleep, too many channels going on in my head, now they have me on Ambian...it works, but I have to be in the bed for 8 hours as it makes one...hallucinate if not.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-08-2015, 08:13 PM
(04-08-2015 08:11 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I have been sleep deprived for about 15 years or so...take that, plus being hyper active, and an obsession with working out like a lunatic....= brain dead. I had my sleep apnea corrected with an 8 hour horrific surgery, but still cant sleep, too many channels going on in my head, now they have me on Ambian...it works, but I have to be in the bed for 8 hours as it makes one...hallucinate if not.

Hug I hope you are able to get some sleep. Try counting (Christian) sheep.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-08-2015, 08:16 PM
(04-08-2015 08:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 08:11 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I have been sleep deprived for about 15 years or so...take that, plus being hyper active, and an obsession with working out like a lunatic....= brain dead. I had my sleep apnea corrected with an 8 hour horrific surgery, but still cant sleep, too many channels going on in my head, now they have me on Ambian...it works, but I have to be in the bed for 8 hours as it makes one...hallucinate if not.

Hug I hope you are able to get some sleep. Try counting (Christian) sheep.

Smile Ambian works for me, I did nyquil everynight for years (cant be good for me) then Zzquil(cant be good for me), then unisom(cant be good for me), etc etc...finally gave up and got a prescription for Ambian(cant be good for me), I only take it sunday night through wed night, as I can get through friday, and sleep in long enough on sat and sun to overcome the restless night. This way I am not subjecting my body to that crap EVERY night Weeping

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
04-08-2015, 08:19 PM
(04-08-2015 08:16 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 08:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug I hope you are able to get some sleep. Try counting (Christian) sheep.

Smile Ambian works for me, I did nyquil everynight for years (cant be good for me) then Zzquil(cant be good for me), then unisom(cant be good for me), etc etc...finally gave up and got a prescription for Ambian(cant be good for me), I only take it sunday night through wed night, as I can get through friday, and sleep in long enough on sat and sun to overcome the restless night. This way I am not subjecting my body to that crap EVERY night Weeping

Have you tried meditation and yoga? It really does help.
04-08-2015, 08:23 PM
(04-08-2015 08:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 08:16 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Smile Ambian works for me, I did nyquil everynight for years (cant be good for me) then Zzquil(cant be good for me), then unisom(cant be good for me), etc etc...finally gave up and got a prescription for Ambian(cant be good for me), I only take it sunday night through wed night, as I can get through friday, and sleep in long enough on sat and sun to overcome the restless night. This way I am not subjecting my body to that crap EVERY night Weeping

Have you tried meditation and yoga? It really does help.

I am about as flexible as a piece of steel Weeping and trying calming methods of meditation havent helped because I am so freaking ADHD my mind is whirling at all times in 10 different directions..it is a wonder I get anything done lol