Insomnia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2016, 07:03 PM
RE: Insomnia
(27-05-2016 01:45 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Not insomnia but it's 2:30 here and I woke up with a bad dream. I hate that. Sad

Ugh, I'm sorry. Sad

(27-05-2016 02:34 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Sounds really tough!

Do you get a good amount of exercise? Maybe yoga?
I don't want to sound preachy, because I don't get nearly as much exercise as I should myself, but I know it calms my brain right down and is very soothing when I do get myself in gear and do it. Endorphins and all that Smile

Like you, I don't get as much as I should. Walking fast is a pretty good way to handle anxiety attacks for me. Getting my body to a state where the racing heart & short breath are appropriate helps because as I cool off those symptoms fade. It's difficult to convince myself to do it in the midst of an attack, even though I know it helps.

(27-05-2016 08:40 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I had to learn the hard way not to mess with a sleepwalker. Facepalm

What happened?

I have never walked in my sleep as far as I know. I do talk and... ahem... I initiate sex in my sleep, more often than I do while awake. I wonder what Ambien does with that. I may find out soon, I have a Dr. appointment next week.

(27-05-2016 10:12 AM)carol Wrote:  Have you considered getting treatment for the OCD and anxiety- which will help with insomnia and also the other things that you mentioned? Luvox is very effective for many people. Treatment for OCD and anxiety may treat the core problem.

It's surprisingly hard to get treatment from a real psychiatrist in my area, but I finally managed it. I am undergoing a series of psychometric tests. The second of 5 is also next week. I told the doctor that I want to treat the OCD as the main issue. She won't prescribe anything until the tests are done though, which is actually reassuring. The last psych person I saw was a PA who wanted to put me on Lamictil 40 minutes after she met me... and wrote the prescription with a pen that had that brand name on it. I never filled it.

Now that I think of it, I should ask the psych office about anything the regular doctor prescribes for sleep.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
27-05-2016, 07:08 PM
(27-05-2016 01:45 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Not insomnia but it's 2:30 here and I woke up with a bad dream. I hate that. Sad

I have a bad dream every night these days.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
27-05-2016, 07:21 PM
(27-05-2016 07:03 PM)I Am Wrote:  

Ugh, I'm sorry. Sad

(27-05-2016 02:34 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Sounds really tough!

Do you get a good amount of exercise? Maybe yoga?
I don't want to sound preachy, because I don't get nearly as much exercise as I should myself, but I know it calms my brain right down and is very soothing when I do get myself in gear and do it. Endorphins and all that Smile

Like you, I don't get as much as I should. Walking fast is a pretty good way to handle anxiety attacks for me. Getting my body to a state where the racing heart & short breath are appropriate helps because as I cool off those symptoms fade. It's difficult to convince myself to do it in the midst of an attack, even though I know it helps.

(27-05-2016 08:40 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I had to learn the hard way not to mess with a sleepwalker. Facepalm

What happened?

I have never walked in my sleep as far as I know. I do talk and... ahem... I initiate sex in my sleep, more often than I do while awake. I wonder what Ambien does with that. I may find out soon, I have a Dr. appointment next week.

(27-05-2016 10:12 AM)carol Wrote:  Have you considered getting treatment for the OCD and anxiety- which will help with insomnia and also the other things that you mentioned? Luvox is very effective for many people. Treatment for OCD and anxiety may treat the core problem.

It's surprisingly hard to get treatment from a real psychiatrist in my area, but I finally managed it. I am undergoing a series of psychometric tests. The second of 5 is also next week. I told the doctor that I want to treat the OCD as the main issue. She won't prescribe anything until the tests are done though, which is actually reassuring. The last psych person I saw was a PA who wanted to put me on Lamictil 40 minutes after she met me... and wrote the prescription with a pen that had that brand name on it. I never filled it.

Now that I think of it, I should ask the psych office about anything the regular doctor prescribes for sleep.

My wife was given ambien once, and she went to sleep.

After she was out for a while, she got up and went to the bathroom, and couldn't find the way out. I tried to help her out, but got elbowed in the mouth before she proceeded to lurch around the house like Frankenstein's monster for about an hour before finding the bed again.

It was definitely a weird night.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
28-05-2016, 04:13 AM
(27-05-2016 07:08 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

I have a bad dream every night these days.

Hug

Sad

Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
28-05-2016, 04:22 AM
Woke up at 2:34am, tried to go back to sleep for an hour... no dice. Got up, check in on the net (got to love having the ability to talk to people 24/7 or look shit up) watch Law & Order Criminal Intent, cleaned house. Getting ready to do dishes now, 5:16am.

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck!

In a couple of hours I'll be this. VVV
[Image: funny-dog-tired-sleeping.jpg]

Food Tip 151: When you put cheese popcorn on the plate you had avocado with garlic salt on for dinner it picks up the garlic flavor... and is fucking delicious! Even at 5am.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
01-06-2016, 01:28 AM
So... yeah. Erratic behavior. I was nearly asleep about four hours ago. Mumbled to my sweetie I was going to sleep. She reminded me to take my medicine before sleep. So I woke up enough to go pawing around for a pill bottle, didn't find it where I expected, got up to look somewhere else... then I was fully awake and pissed off because I had been so close to being asleep, and my pissed-ness prompted my wife to ask me about my feelings, and I had the poor judgment to answer. An argument happened. In the process my psycho-self ripped out a few handfuls of my hair, and broke a solid wood door with my head, which chipped a tooth and jacked up my neck. As you might expect. I'm lucky I didn't split my scalp.

Calling my new psychiatrist in the morning. Dunno why I'm telling you all this. All I can imagine happening is everyone being creeped out by having a nutcase around. I take a weird sort of satisfaction in having seen something like this coming though, even got the timing within a few days. I have been here before.
01-06-2016, 06:07 AM
(01-06-2016 01:28 AM)I Am Wrote:  In the process my psycho-self ripped out a few handfuls of my hair, and broke a solid wood door with my head, which chipped a tooth and jacked up my neck. As you might expect. I'm lucky I didn't split my scalp.

Psychological problems can cause all sorts of behavioral issues. Hurting oneself is not uncommon. You're not a psycho and you're not a bad person.
However you clearly have serious problems dealing with anger in a constructive and safe fashion. So it's good you're getting help. It's terrible to hurt yourself or others. I hope you're talking to a professional about this so it can be dealt with. Don't be scared of sharing it with them.
You'll be okay. Smile
01-06-2016, 05:03 PM
(01-06-2016 06:07 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  You'll be okay. Smile

Thank you. Smile It really means a lot to me.