InspiringPhilosophy: Is Atheism a Delusion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: InspiringPhilosophy: Is Atheism a Delusion?
(09-02-2017 03:30 PM)Glossophile Wrote:  There are many impulses that come naturally to us which would often lead us astray if left unchecked.

Astray? From what? To where? Is there an example?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2017, 11:04 AM
(09-02-2017 04:47 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 03:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No more so than anything else. Wouldn't be any fun otherwise.

this is the weasel ACX was bashing in his modal ontological argument video.. that should give you enough info to figure out the contents of this video

Thanks. I don't even watch atheists videos (I used to watch some blond Estonian chick, but only to whack off), I'm sure as shit not watching an apologist video (and why do they call themselves "apologists" anyway? It's like they know they're doing something wrong and apologizing for it in advance.)

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Not sure if you were joking there, but apologetics means "speaking in defense". So an apologist is not apologizing, but defending. Although most of the time, they are actually apologizing for God being so inept/evil Tongue

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apologetics

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
13-02-2017, 12:00 PM
(13-02-2017 11:46 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Not sure if you were joking there, ....

I'm always joking Robdevalued.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-02-2017, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2017 12:12 PM by Robvalue.)
Ah, a fellow deadpan-ist Big Grin

I thought you probably were, but I felt it was worth mentioning anyway as it's not obvious.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
13-02-2017, 04:04 PM
All apologists are fucking wankers mate Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
14-02-2017, 12:55 AM
I would love to do a live debate with one.

What I would do is prepare a load of different cards with all the common logical fallacies on them. Then I'd hold the corresponding one up each time they use one.

[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post