Instant Learning Through Brain Stimulation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2016, 11:30 AM
Instant Learning Through Brain Stimulation
So, apparently researchers are getting closer to Matrix-like "Instant Learning Through Brain Stimulation".

Right now, it appears that they are attempting to stimulate brain wave patterns in novice pilots flying a simulator to match those of an expert pilot performing the same task.

Apparently, the early results are showing that it actually improves performance and reduces the learning time of the new pilots.

Who wants to go with me to sign up to get our brains zapped???

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
29-02-2016, 11:39 AM
RE: Instant Learning Through Brain Stimulation
I wonder how they address so called "muscle memory".
As far as I know, repetition is still needed to train physical movements.
29-02-2016, 12:09 PM
I almost feel threatened by this lol. I lack what my girlfriend would refer to as executive management and have the attention span of a goldfish, but make up for it through sheer willpower when it comes to learning languages, staying in peak physical condition, etc. If people can accomplish that by popping a pill or getting a USB upload port installed into their brains, I'm basically obsolete Tongue

'Murican Canadian
29-02-2016, 07:20 PM
(29-02-2016 11:39 AM)pablo Wrote:  I wonder how they address so called "muscle memory".

The evidence is strong that "muscle memory" exists solely in the brain.

The repetition reprograms the brain. So if direct stimulation can alter the brain ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-02-2016, 07:22 PM
(29-02-2016 07:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 11:39 AM)pablo Wrote:  I wonder how they address so called "muscle memory".

The repetition reprograms the brain. So if direct stimulation can alter the brain ...

...and it can....

Smokin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
29-02-2016, 07:41 PM
(29-02-2016 11:30 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  So, apparently researchers are getting closer to Matrix-like "Instant Learning Through Brain Stimulation".

Right now, it appears that they are attempting to stimulate brain wave patterns in novice pilots flying a simulator to match those of an expert pilot performing the same task.

Apparently, the early results are showing that it actually improves performance and reduces the learning time of the new pilots.

I do I do!!! pick me!! I do not want to learn how to fly though, I want to improve my science skills...
29-02-2016, 09:24 PM
(29-02-2016 07:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Wow, really? I have a very good sense of balance because of dance training but damned if I never learned how to roller skate or ice skate. Maybe I could go get my brain fixed and pop out on the ice and do one of them-thar fancy double salchows. That would be so cool. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-02-2016, 09:33 PM
It would have been nice not to have had to bang my head through those lectures, labs, study times, homework sessions and tests to get my degree in Mathematical Physics. That's all well and good to get it poured in- it would sure be nice not to have some of the pindicks we get in here just getting educated that way instead of floundering around with theories that aren't even wrong. One thing I note is that the education is based on the knowledge that someone else already has. I think that the idea-generating part might get left out, but I dunno.
29-02-2016, 09:35 PM
(29-02-2016 09:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 07:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  The evidence is strong that "muscle memory" exists solely in the brain.

Wow, really? I have a very good sense of balance because of dance training but damned if I never learned how to roller skate or ice skate. Maybe I could go get my brain fixed and pop out on the ice and do one of them-thar fancy double salchows. That would be so cool. Tongue

Pff. Triple Axels, with summer-salts. Dream a little, already. Tongue
29-02-2016, 11:12 PM
(29-02-2016 07:41 PM)carol Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 11:30 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  So, apparently researchers are getting closer to Matrix-like "Instant Learning Through Brain Stimulation".

I do I do!!! pick me!! I do not want to learn how to fly though, I want to improve my science skills...

No, don't pick her. Pick me. Pick me. I do. I do.
Oh wait. We can all go.

Ray Kurzweil said this would happen. Smile
("The Singularity is Near").
I firmly believe this is just the beginning to "plugging in" every day to "get our updates".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.