Instant Learning Through Brain Stimulation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: Instant Learning Through Brain Stimulation
Wonder if it would work with speaking languages. Just have machines at all entry points into the country that tourists can plug into to instantly learn their language.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2016, 06:34 AM
As long as the new knowledge doesn't fade too quickly...
[Image: spocks-brain-mccoy-helmet.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
01-03-2016, 06:50 PM
I can't wait for the guys flying the 747s to finally succumb to the irresistable urge to dog-fight.

The inevitable glitches aside, this could be very cool.

And the Muslims were worried about their women getting educated before.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
01-03-2016, 07:20 PM
What if someone gets hacked halfway through a class? Mind tampering could soon be a thing. Remember the brown note from Southpark?

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
01-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Omg I want one now. Music, formal logic, languages, all kinds of different skills. It would be more addictive than any drug I've ever had.
01-03-2016, 08:03 PM
If the past decade of smartphones serves as an indication, people will likely use mind altering technology to implant memories of cat videos.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
01-03-2016, 09:20 PM
(01-03-2016 08:03 PM)yakherder Wrote:  If the past decade of smartphones serves as an indication, people will likely use mind altering technology to implant memories of cat videos.

Oh no you don't.
It will be l'll ponies.

Hands down.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-03-2016, 11:45 PM
(01-03-2016 09:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 08:03 PM)yakherder Wrote:  If the past decade of smartphones serves as an indication, people will likely use mind altering technology to implant memories of cat videos.

Oh no you don't.
It will be l'll ponies.

Hands down.

Hmmm, could I use it to erase the memories/knowledge of bronies and other things best never seen? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-03-2016, 10:02 AM
(01-03-2016 11:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 09:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh no you don't.
It will be l'll ponies.

Hands down.

Hmmm, could I use it to erase the memories/knowledge of bronies and other things best never seen? Consider

[Image: YStUIGm.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-03-2016, 10:21 AM
(29-02-2016 09:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  It would have been nice not to have had to bang my head through those lectures, labs, study times, homework sessions and tests to get my degree in Mathematical Physics. That's all well and good to get it poured in- it would sure be nice not to have some of the pindicks we get in here just getting educated that way instead of floundering around with theories that aren't even wrong. One thing I note is that the education is based on the knowledge that someone else already has. I think that the idea-generating part might get left out, but I dunno.

Yeah, it doesn't seem that it would make a person any more creative or raise their IQ or anything like that. The current technique also seems to be much more applicable to concrete skills than it does to abstract ideas.

That being said, there are many skills that if there were a way to significantly speed up the process of mastery, we could then be setting the stage for dramatically pushing the boundaries of those fields. Music, art, languages, and martial arts come to mind.

But, wow, if knowledge could just be transferred/implanted...!! Even if there is a requirement of having to depend on the knowledge of someone else to make it work. Imagine the potential increase in the pace of science, discovery and invention!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart