Intellectualism and Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Intellectualism and Atheism
You know, I think that Buddhism would've become more popular than outright nonreligion and atheism. And I (in a perfect world) would've also assumed that in addition to being Buddhists many people would become Catholics. It's not at all the case. You could say that people are becoming atheist because of the intellectualism, but I say that both the intellectualism and atheism aren't 'real' religious standpoints.

It seems that Atheism, Christianity, even Intellectualism have not become sacred tools in the quest for happiness, but rather a collective industry of 'cool'.

Ad nowadays, it's just cool to be an atheist. Because there is no way this many teenagers, adults, even kids are this capable or intelligent to be intellectual let alone atheist. So I say that the information age isn't bringing an age of enlightenment about the world, but even more inescapable dogma. And the thing is, it could've just as easily been Buddhism. Or Christianity...

Summarily, the choice of religion, lack thereof, or the choice to be pro "science" is not a sacred personal choice in the pursuit of happiness, it is a choice based around what's cool.

And finally, again, atheism today is cool.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Intellectualism and Atheism
What is "intellectualism"?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
27-04-2014, 05:27 PM
(27-04-2014 05:26 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  What is "intellectualism"?

Exactly
27-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Are you high?

27-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Saying something incomprehensible, then following up with "Exactly" when someone makes a confused remark isn't a very good argument for anything...

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 4 users Like Phaedrus's post
27-04-2014, 05:31 PM
(27-04-2014 05:29 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Are you high?

I wish I was.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
27-04-2014, 05:32 PM
(27-04-2014 05:30 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Saying something incomprehensible, then following up with "Exactly" when someone makes a confused remark isn't a very good argument for anything...

Oh. Sorry. I said exactly because alot of people throw around words like intellectual, logical, freethinker, atheist, etc. without knowing or caring what they mean.
27-04-2014, 05:35 PM
(27-04-2014 05:25 PM)An_Theist Wrote:  You know, I think that Buddhism would've become more popular than outright nonreligion and atheism. And I (in a perfect world) would've also assumed that in addition to being Buddhists many people would become Catholics. It's not at all the case. You could say that people are becoming atheist because of the intellectualism, but I say that both the intellectualism and atheism aren't 'real' religious standpoints.

It seems that Atheism, Christianity, even Intellectualism have not become sacred tools in the quest for happiness, but rather a collective industry of 'cool'.

Ad nowadays, it's just cool to be an atheist. Because there is no way this many teenagers, adults, even kids are this capable or intelligent to be intellectual let alone atheist. So I say that the information age isn't bringing an age of enlightenment about the world, but even more inescapable dogma. And the thing is, it could've just as easily been Buddhism. Or Christianity...

Summarily, the choice of religion, lack thereof, or the choice to be pro "science" is not a sacred personal choice in the pursuit of happiness, it is a choice based around what's cool.

Huh?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-04-2014, 05:44 PM
(27-04-2014 05:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 05:25 PM)An_Theist Wrote:  You know, I think that Buddhism would've become more popular than outright nonreligion and atheism. And I (in a perfect world) would've also assumed that in addition to being Buddhists many people would become Catholics. It's not at all the case. You could say that people are becoming atheist because of the intellectualism, but I say that both the intellectualism and atheism aren't 'real' religious standpoints.

Huh?

Can you read? Because I can write it again, if it's to hard for you.
27-04-2014, 05:47 PM
(27-04-2014 05:44 PM)An_Theist Wrote:  Can you read? Because I can write it again, if it's to hard for you.

That is not the issue.

The issue is that I have no clue what it is you are trying to say.

[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post