Intellegent design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2017, 08:46 AM
RE: Intellegent design
(06-01-2017 07:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There are multiple causes of infant mortality rates and they are not all directly related to human actions.

So then human genetics are NOT *designed* then.
Which is it ?
First you claim they are, now you say they're not.
How are Tay-Sachs, Niemann-Pick, Trisomy 18 and 13, or Cystic Fibrosis IN ANY WAY, related to human activity ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2017, 09:04 AM
(06-01-2017 08:34 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  You insist that people should seek god? Isnt that a horrible mixture of ignorance, dishonesty and arrogance?

That's Pops in a nutshell.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
06-01-2017, 09:05 AM
(06-01-2017 07:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Has little to do with Adam and Eve.

The particular circumstances of our existence at this time are wholly due to the actions of man. Mortality rate of both infants and people in general is wholly representative of the actions of man. Even environmental circumstances to some point, or rather, the mortality related to them are due to man and their lack of unity and compassion. Technological and social advancement could all but wholly negate even the worst circumstances, not bringing about immortality, as all readily observable things die.

Codswallop

You need help Pops. Get some. Soon.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
06-01-2017, 09:31 AM
(06-01-2017 09:05 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 07:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Has little to do with Adam and Eve.

The particular circumstances of our existence at this time are wholly due to the actions of man. Mortality rate of both infants and people in general is wholly representative of the actions of man. Even environmental circumstances to some point, or rather, the mortality related to them are due to man and their lack of unity and compassion. Technological and social advancement could all but wholly negate even the worst circumstances, not bringing about immortality, as all readily observable things die.

Codswallop

You need help Pops. Get some. Soon.

Pops found himself a puddle that perfectly fits the hollow part of his skull.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
06-01-2017, 09:45 AM
We're not "meat eaters", dimwit.

We're omnivores - opportunistic scavengers. We eat whatever we can find. The natural world is filled with food that taste good. They evolved this way to create a relationship with animals so that the seeds could be spread ie fruit. In fact, the fruit of pepper plants evolved capsaicin in order to deter mammals (as it only affects mammals) so that birds would eat the fruit because they spread seeds better.

Human tastes evolved over time to enjoy fat because it gave them more energy. This is simple evolution or "adaptation" that even the YECers agree upon.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
06-01-2017, 10:47 AM
I cant say how offended i am by your response, Pops, and i am going to rub it in again, until it sinks in:

I asked you to give me any explanation of and reason to believe in your god.

Your response was that its "GOD" (of creation) and that you insist on me seeking him out (which is no explanation or reason at all).

I cant say how incredibly offensive and arrogant it is from you, not only to not tell me what your "GOD" actually is supposed to be, but to suggest that i should go and do your fucking job (and look for good reasons to believe, as i asked from you), and on top of that insinuate i would be prideful if i dont (do.your.fucking.job).

Dont you ever again tell me to do your job and tell me i am prideful for not doing it. If you were one of my co workers, we would be sitting in your managers office by now.

Remember, it was you ranting that we dont believe in your nonsense, based on some completely nonsensial and incoherent ramblings about food, fat and nutrition (as demonstrated by even more knowledgeable people than me in the thread). So the ball is in your field, its up to you to tell us what the good reasons are to believe in your nonsense, and thats why your reply is so offensive. If you dont have anything sensible to say, then better say nothing at all and spare us all the embarassement of witnessing your deluded ignorant feeling of entitlement to tell us what we should be looking for.

Thats why you got the verbal abuse from me, in response to your abuse of me in response to my honest and humble question to provide me with good reasons to believe
that the creative force that i granted you as a premise is
a being
a being i left you to define as you may wish (wich was very generous from me!)

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
06-01-2017, 01:02 PM
(06-01-2017 10:47 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I cant say how offended i am by your response, Pops, and i am going to rub it in again, until it sinks in:

I asked you to give me any explanation of and reason to believe in your god.

Your response was that its "GOD" (of creation) and that you insist on me seeking him out (which is no explanation or reason at all).

I cant say how incredibly offensive and arrogant it is from you, not only to not tell me what your "GOD" actually is supposed to be, but to suggest that i should go and do your fucking job (and look for good reasons to believe, as i asked from you), and on top of that insinuate i would be prideful if i dont (do.your.fucking.job).

Dont you ever again tell me to do your job and tell me i am prideful for not doing it. If you were one of my co workers, we would be sitting in your managers office by now.

Remember, it was you ranting that we dont believe in your nonsense, based on some completely nonsensial and incoherent ramblings about food, fat and nutrition (as demonstrated by even more knowledgeable people than me in the thread). So the ball is in your field, its up to you to tell us what the good reasons are to believe in your nonsense, and thats why your reply is so offensive. If you dont have anything sensible to say, then better say nothing at all and spare us all the embarassement of witnessing your deluded ignorant feeling of entitlement to tell us what we should be looking for.

Thats why you got the verbal abuse from me, in response to your abuse of me in response to my honest and humble question to provide me with good reasons to believe
that the creative force that i granted you as a premise is
a being
a being i left you to define as you may wish (wich was very generous from me!)
I'll get to this later.
06-01-2017, 05:46 PM
(06-01-2017 05:38 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 09:36 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  No, it isn't.

At least not for most humans. The sense of smell and taste vary wildly between animals. They're relatively weak amongst the hominids, especially modern humans. More strongly developped amongst the canines, felines and other pure predators for obvious(?) reasons.

To us fat doesn't taste like much of anything in and of itself. Suck on a lump of suet for a while if you're in doubt. Muscle tissue is much tastier.

Fatty foods get their flavour from a variety of molecules derived from spices, curing, cooking, etc. These molecules become concentrated in the fats because they are more soluble in lipids than in the aqueous components.

This is known as the Theory of Intelligent Quisine, or IQ.
I'm aware that fattier tissues may retain spices better leading to a more robust flavor, but that isn't what I am talking about.

Cool a steak without seasoning it on an open flame and then tell me the fattier sections aren't more delectable and easier to consume.

peace

They are. As I said, fats retain flavours from a variety of sources including cooking and curing. Your steak has almost certainly endured both. For a more accurate comparison go to your butcher and obtain a steak that hasn't been aged. Slice off a strip of fat and a strip of muscle and eat both raw. Your utter revulsion at both should be a clear sign that the Lord Allmighty intended all good Christians to be vegetarians.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
06-01-2017, 05:56 PM
(06-01-2017 05:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not insisting any should believe in it based on my words. There are multiple reasons why belief in the One Creator GOD would benefit all life as a whole. Namely peace, prosperity and technological and societal advancement behind anything we have seen to date.

This fascinating statement is contradicted by the overwhelming majority of human history.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
06-01-2017, 06:40 PM
(06-01-2017 05:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not insisting any should believe in it based on my words. There are multiple reasons why belief in the One Creator GOD would benefit all life as a whole. Namely peace, prosperity and technological and societal advancement behind anything we have seen to date.

So, if it's useful, but not necessarily the truth, is what you value.
A benevolent dictator could produce your outcome, and "the ends justify the means".
Interesting.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.