Intellegent design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2017, 06:40 PM
RE: Intellegent design
(06-01-2017 05:56 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 05:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not insisting any should believe in it based on my words. There are multiple reasons why belief in the One Creator GOD would benefit all life as a whole. Namely peace, prosperity and technological and societal advancement behind anything we have seen to date.

This fascinating statement is contradicted by the overwhelming majority of human history.

But that part is the Devil's work. You know the Devil that God created and didn't know was going to revolt against him? Yet another case of the Christian god being incompetent.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2017, 07:52 PM
(06-01-2017 01:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 10:47 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I cant say how offended i am by your response, Pops, and i am going to rub it in again, until it sinks in:

I asked you to give me any explanation of and reason to believe in your god.

Your response was that its "GOD" (of creation) and that you insist on me seeking him out (which is no explanation or reason at all).

I cant say how incredibly offensive and arrogant it is from you, not only to not tell me what your "GOD" actually is supposed to be, but to suggest that i should go and do your fucking job (and look for good reasons to believe, as i asked from you), and on top of that insinuate i would be prideful if i dont (do.your.fucking.job).

Dont you ever again tell me to do your job and tell me i am prideful for not doing it. If you were one of my co workers, we would be sitting in your managers office by now.

Remember, it was you ranting that we dont believe in your nonsense, based on some completely nonsensial and incoherent ramblings about food, fat and nutrition (as demonstrated by even more knowledgeable people than me in the thread). So the ball is in your field, its up to you to tell us what the good reasons are to believe in your nonsense, and thats why your reply is so offensive. If you dont have anything sensible to say, then better say nothing at all and spare us all the embarassement of witnessing your deluded ignorant feeling of entitlement to tell us what we should be looking for.

Thats why you got the verbal abuse from me, in response to your abuse of me in response to my honest and humble question to provide me with good reasons to believe
that the creative force that i granted you as a premise is
a being
a being i left you to define as you may wish (wich was very generous from me!)
I'll get to this later.

There is nothing for you to get to there, Poopsy.
You have been indicted on the evidence and your conviction is inevitable.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2017, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 10:14 PM by Reltzik.)
(06-01-2017 05:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There are multiple reasons why belief in the One Creator GOD would benefit all life as a whole. Namely peace, prosperity and technological and societal advancement behind anything we have seen to date.

You know, there WAS a period in time when belief in a single creator-god was widespread throughout the Western world, almost universal, informing every aspect of governance, education, law, and daily life. We saw the clear impact of this on the peace, prosperity, technological advancement, and social advancement of the regions.

We refer to those eras as "medievalism" and "the dark ages".

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
06-01-2017, 10:10 PM
(06-01-2017 01:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 10:47 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I cant say how offended i am by your response, Pops, and i am going to rub it in again, until it sinks in:

I asked you to give me any explanation of and reason to believe in your god.

Your response was that its "GOD" (of creation) and that you insist on me seeking him out (which is no explanation or reason at all).

I cant say how incredibly offensive and arrogant it is from you, not only to not tell me what your "GOD" actually is supposed to be, but to suggest that i should go and do your fucking job (and look for good reasons to believe, as i asked from you), and on top of that insinuate i would be prideful if i dont (do.your.fucking.job).

Dont you ever again tell me to do your job and tell me i am prideful for not doing it. If you were one of my co workers, we would be sitting in your managers office by now.

Remember, it was you ranting that we dont believe in your nonsense, based on some completely nonsensial and incoherent ramblings about food, fat and nutrition (as demonstrated by even more knowledgeable people than me in the thread). So the ball is in your field, its up to you to tell us what the good reasons are to believe in your nonsense, and thats why your reply is so offensive. If you dont have anything sensible to say, then better say nothing at all and spare us all the embarassement of witnessing your deluded ignorant feeling of entitlement to tell us what we should be looking for.

Thats why you got the verbal abuse from me, in response to your abuse of me in response to my honest and humble question to provide me with good reasons to believe
that the creative force that i granted you as a premise is
a being
a being i left you to define as you may wish (wich was very generous from me!)
I'll get to this later.

Take your time. There's no rush. Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-01-2017, 11:07 PM
(06-01-2017 08:34 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 05:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Easy; there is no particular god. There is only one GOD of creation.

Why should you believe in IT?

I'm not insisting any should believe in it based on my words. There are multiple reasons why belief in the One Creator GOD would benefit all life as a whole. Namely peace, prosperity and technological and societal advancement behind anything we have seen to date.

There are more, but again; I don't insist any should believe, I insist that people should, without pride, sincerely seek out GOD by whatever means possible for them individually.
So to my question of what particular god your god is you tell me it is no particlar god but the GOD of creation?. Sorry, no sale, you need more than bold letters to convince me. That was a non-argument. In fact the worst argument i hav eever seen (bold letters Facepalm ).

It wasn't meant as an argument. I told you some of the reasons are selfless in nature and pertain to the betterment of life in general for all, and that somehow offends you?

I should believe in it (that god you cant even properly define), because...peace and prosperity? Seriously?

You are not insisting...but get all aggravated when we tell why we we dont buy this? You dont insist we believe but insist we seek out? Fuck off, arrogant, prideful and dishonest fucker. I insist you seek out for yourself because you will never believe me enough to gain true faith. Dont tell me i am prideful because i dont follow your orders, asshole.

I did not say you were prideful, and meant simply that pride must be done away with to even comprehend the pros of believing in GOD.

Let me ask you again, based on the premise i gave you, "a creative force" created everything:
Why is it a GOD? It is not a god; it is GOD because it created all existence. Why is it a being at all? Asking why GOD exists is a question I cannot answer accurately. Why do you claim to know its anything more than a "creative force", which you stated at the start of this conversation?
What is a god anyway? (please dont start with "being...outside of space and time", since you cant explain to me how someting/body can be outside of space and time). Oh...and writing his name in bold letters wont make a difference, i want a job description, just to let you know. Why does belief in that "creative force" lead to peace and all that shit? To abide by the designed and it ended direction that existence was formed for will bring peace and advancement. I'm sorry you can't seem to grasp such concepts.
You dont get to just throw assertions around ans insist on what i do. I insist you answer my questions!

Give me a fucking good reason to believe GOD exists
Because i asked you and you still havent.

(06-01-2017 05:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why should you believe in IT?

I'm not insisting any should believe in it based on my words.
Then why are you so agitated after we explained to you why we dont believe? I'm not agitated that you don't believe. I was agitated because people won't even give my assertions a singular unbiased consideration.

(06-01-2017 05:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There are multiple reasons why belief in the One Creator GOD would benefit all life as a whole. Namely peace, prosperity and technological and societal advancement behind anything we have seen to date.
Sorry, demonstration please that belief in any god leads to /equals peace, etc.. demonstrate? How childish. Again; don't believe me, don't seek out the force that created you for a particular purpose. It will not affect me. To be in harmony with ones purpose can only bring peace. Everyone being in harmony with life in general and one another would bring about peace on a world wide scale, bringing about technological advancement and prosperity for all life.
Demonstration first, please, that the "creative force" we started with is a GOD. Demonstrate how it is not.

What we can demontrate, contrary to your belief, is the exact opposite of what you claim. Unfounded, fundamentalist belief in a god severly hampers a societies progress in general (Europe in the middle ages, while Islam flourished, Islam now where the west flourishes). A whole lot of Africa, starting with Nigeria, Egypt, etc. everywhere you see religion in control of signnficant aspects of a society, you see poverty and suffering and ignorance to an astonishing degree.

Nice try. Faith in GOD is in no way responsible for poverty, suffering, or ignorance. You are speaking of the misdirection of man due to the lies of man, not faith in the One Creator GOD.

(06-01-2017 05:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There are more, but again; I don't insist any should believe, I insist that people should, without pride, sincerely seek out GOD by whatever means possible for them individually.
You insist that people should seek god? Isnt that a horrible mixture of ignorance, dishonesty and arrogance? None whatsoever. That is your ignorant perspective on things you know little about and generally regarded as a waste of time.
Arrogant, because you insist i do something you want me to do (and i clearly can demonstrate to be stupid).

I don't want you to do anything for my sake. Compassion is not arrogance. Especially since, you have demonstrated to hve not many clues about anything. False statement based on limited interaction. Considering this, insisting that i am listening to the advice of somebody who is clearly an (ignorant) idiot (sorry, but that is a demonstrable fact, not an insult now), is pretty offensive and arrogant to me.
Ignorant, because you insist i do someting unreasonable and irrational. Yes; it is so unreasonable and irrational to want to know the creative force that brought all into existence and to find and understand for yourself what your own purpose is and how it relates to the rest of existence. Very unreasonable and irrational of me to think you would take anything seriously. You are hereby liar that tricked me then ridiculed me for not chastising you based on a lie, but I'm wrong and arrogant for not explaining things in great detail that you wouldn't believe anyway? Show some genuine sincerity for once and my own demeanor may change.
Dishonest because you hint at pride, if i dont follow on what you insist. Pride is a thing we all have. If you deny that them you are blinded by it. I couldn't care less if you think I'm lying or not. Pot, kettle

How about you let me seek out for what is real and true? How about i insist on you looking out for a connection to reality rather than looking for confirmation of your delusion? I seek without seeking. Because....pride, you know? I actively relinquish pride at every conceivable avenue at all times. Because thats much more intellectually honest to do. You dont go tell me what or whom to seek for, mkay?...and then get all aggravated and tell me I am proud or insincere for not following your ord..erm advice, mkay? u asked. So be pissy all you want.

I say it again: Somebody arrogantly, insincerely and proudly telling me i should seek out something he can give me no good reason to believe in in the first place can go and...you know what

If peace and advancement of the whole of existence means little to you then it will be better when you aren't a part of it. With that being said; I take back what I said; do not sincerely seek out GOD. Do not use retrospection and introspection in order to start to learn how to be honest with yourself. Do nothing I have ever insisted on that the whole of existence can profit.

Now say arrogant.

andnowgivemesoemfuckingreanontobelieveinyourbullshitandstoptapdancing

I did
(06-01-2017 08:34 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 05:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Easy; there is no particular god. There is only one GOD of creation.

Why should you believe in IT?

I'm not insisting any should believe in it based on my words. There are multiple reasons why belief in the One Creator GOD would benefit all life as a whole. Namely peace, prosperity and technological and societal advancement behind anything we have seen to date.

There are more, but again; I don't insist any should believe, I insist that people should, without pride, sincerely seek out GOD by whatever means possible for them individually.
So to my question of what particular god your god is you tell me it is no particlar god but the GOD of creation?. Sorry, no sale, you need more than bold letters to convince me. That was a non-argument. In fact the worst argument i hav eever seen (bold letters Facepalm ).

I should believe in it (that god you cant even properly define), because...peace and prosperity? Seriously?

You are not insisting...but get all aggravated when we tell why we we dont buy this? You dont insist we believe but insist we seek out? Fuck off, arrogant, prideful and dishonest fucker. Dont tell me i am prideful because i dont follow your orders, asshole.

Let me ask you again, based on the premise i gave you, "a creative force" created everything:
Why is it a GOD? Why is it a being at all? Why do you claim to know its anything more than a "creative force", which you stated at the start of this conversation?
What is a god anyway? (please dont start with "being...outside of space and time", since you cant explain to me how someting/body can be outside of space and time). Oh...and writing his name in bold letters wont make a difference, i want a job description, just to let you know. Why does belief in that "creative force" lead to peace and all that shit?
You dont get to just throw assertions around ans insist on what i do. I insist you answer my questions!

Give me a fucking good reason to believe GOD exists
Because i asked you and you still havent.

(06-01-2017 05:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why should you believe in IT?

I'm not insisting any should believe in it based on my words.
Then why are you so agitated after we explained to you why we dont believe?

Sorry, demonstration please that belief in any god leads to /equals peace, etc..
Demonstration first, please, that the "creative force" we started with is a GOD.

What we can demontrate, contrary to your belief, is the exact opposite of what you claim. Unfounded, fundamentalist belief in a god severly hampers a societies progress in general (Europe in the middle ages, while Islam flourished, Islam now where the west flourishes). A whole lot of Africa, starting with Nigeria, Egypt, etc. everywhere you see religion in control of signnficant aspects of a society, you see poverty and suffering and ignorance to an astonishing degree.

(06-01-2017 05:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There are more, but again; I don't insist any should believe, I insist that people should, without pride, sincerely seek out GOD by whatever means possible for them individually.
You insist that people should seek god? Isnt that a horrible mixture of ignorance, dishonesty and arrogance?
Arrogant, because you insist i do something you want me to do (and i clearly can demonstrate to be stupid). Especially since, you have demonstrated to hve not many clues about anything. Considering this, insisting that i am listening to the advice of somebody who is clearly an (ignorant) idiot (sorry, but that is a demonstrable fact, not an insult now), is pretty offensive and arrogant to me.
Ignorant, because you insist i do someting unreasonable and irrational
Dishonest because you hint at pride, if i dont follow on what you insist.

How about you let me seek out for what is real and true? How about i insist on you looking out for a connection to reality rather than looking for confirmation of your delusion? Because....pride, you know? Because thats much more intellectually honest to do. You dont go tell me what or whom to seek for, mkay?...and then get all aggravated and tell me I am proud or insincere for not following your ord..erm advice, mkay?

I say it again: Somebody arrogantly, insincerely and proudly telling me i should seek out something he can give me no good reason to believe in in the first place can go and...you know what

andnowgivemesoemfuckingreanontobelieveinyourbullshitandstoptapdancing
07-01-2017, 12:22 AM
(05-01-2017 04:08 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 03:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You fuckers are so scared that their is a creative force behind existence that you will blindly jump through hoops of fire all while claiming there is nothing to see.

I think you're the fraidy cat. You know you're going to die and disappear into the void and your tiny little ego can't handle it.

This is the part that annoys the shit out of me.

They have to die...and because they're dead then they'll never know that there isn't a god.

Because wishful thinking or giving money to church isn't going to do it.

A whole life wasted when it could have been really enjoyed.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-01-2017, 12:30 AM
(07-01-2017 12:22 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 04:08 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think you're the fraidy cat. You know you're going to die and disappear into the void and your tiny little ego can't handle it.

This is the part that annoys the shit out of me.

They have to die...and because they're dead then they'll never know that there isn't a god.

Because wishful thinking or giving money to church isn't going to do it.

A whole life wasted when it could have been really enjoyed.
If you think I hold my stance as a believer because of any live lengthening, or blissful afterlife type thing, or even any type of reward for self then you are mistaken.

It bothers you that you can't rub something in the faces of the dead!? Well that bothers me. Surely your own energies are being wasted on such useless contention and spite. How ironic that you speak of wasted life
07-01-2017, 12:59 AM
(07-01-2017 12:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If you think I hold my stance as a believer because of any live lengthening, or blissful afterlife type thing, or even any type of reward for self then you are mistaken.

Nah. We just think you have major mental issues related to your belief in magic and magical things, which don't match up with reality, and that you do this because of a subconscious fear of death, as many do. The reason isn't really as important as the result, however.

(07-01-2017 12:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It bothers you that you can't rub something in the faces of the dead!?

Are you trying to sound insane?

Though I have to admit, "The Faces of the Dead" sounds like a good horror film title.

(07-01-2017 12:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Well that bothers me. Surely your own energies are being wasted on such useless contention and spite. How ironic that you speak of wasted life

The contention is anything but useless. We would like to see a world where people who say the kind of woo-woo bullshit you endlessly spout on this forum are made pariahs rather than paragons, and people endeavor to be reasonable-- and, more importantly, make personal and political decisions based on evidence rather than dogma or magical thinking.

Spite? Nah. Not any more than you would feel toward someone who showed up at one of your flower-child gatherings and kept trying to convert you to Islam.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-01-2017, 05:13 AM
RocketSurheon76,

Name one thing I believe in that is magic or a magical thing. All I speak of is nature and natural.

No; your buddy said she hates the fact that the dead won't know if they are wrong because they are dead. That's just an FD up way to look at things.

Name a single dogmatic or magical thing I believe in.

You really are clueless; I am considered Islamic by myself and actual Muslims.

Islam means submission to GOD.

I'm also Christian, Hindu, Baha'i, a Zoroastrian, and avidly studying Jainism, Taoism, Confucianism and other faiths in GOD and virtues schools of thought.

What I'm saying is that there would be no spite whatsoever.

By the way; not trying to convert, just awaken
07-01-2017, 05:17 AM
(06-01-2017 05:46 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 05:38 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm aware that fattier tissues may retain spices better leading to a more robust flavor, but that isn't what I am talking about.

Cool a steak without seasoning it on an open flame and then tell me the fattier sections aren't more delectable and easier to consume.

peace

They are. As I said, fats retain flavours from a variety of sources including cooking and curing. Your steak has almost certainly endured both. For a more accurate comparison go to your butcher and obtain a steak that hasn't been aged. Slice off a strip of fat and a strip of muscle and eat both raw. Your utter revulsion at both should be a clear sign that the Lord Allmighty intended all good Christians to be vegetarians.
Why assume that I would be revolted by either?