Intellegent design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 06:13 AM
RE: Intellegent design
(07-01-2017 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm also Christian, Hindu, Baha'i, a Zoroastrian, and avidly studying Jainism, Taoism, Confucianism and other faiths in GOD and virtues schools of thought.

By the way; not trying to convert, just awaken

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2017, 06:35 AM
Hello Pops. I know this post isn't directed towards myself but, since I'm filling in time before toddling off to bed, I'd give it a go. Thumbsup

(07-01-2017 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  RocketSurheon76,

Name one thing I believe in that is magic or a magical thing. All I speak of is nature and natural.

No. You claim there is a deity, do you not? This deity has traits and abilities which defy reality.

If something is so fantastic that nothing about it even comes close to mirroring/matching reality? Yah, that's 'Magic' right there.

(07-01-2017 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Name a single dogmatic or magical thing I believe in.

You keep stating you believe in a deity beyond the sky. Seems very 'magical' to me.

(07-01-2017 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm also Christian, Hindu, Baha'i, a Zoroastrian, and avidly studying Jainism, Taoism, Confucianism and other faiths in GOD and virtues schools of thought.

That's great! Thumbsup

Here's hoping you get some value out of all of your studies. Yes

(07-01-2017 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What I'm saying is that there would be no spite whatsoever.

Yes, you keep posting this similar thing all the time.

What you keep missing are people pointing out the flaws, problems, myths, erros and other 'Wrong-ness' of said ideas.

(07-01-2017 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  By the way; not trying to convert, just awaken

While I know you're posting this to sound above board and on the 'Up and up'... since most folks here have all dabbled in the woo that is religion we can see it for exactly the woo (Rubbish, twaddle, bunk, trash, waste of time/space, incoherant and erroneous thoughts) you are cherry picking your ideas from.

Hope that helps the dialogue between ourselves.

Cheers.

If I'm not at work?
Where am I?
Evil_monster
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
07-01-2017, 06:50 AM
(07-01-2017 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 05:46 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  They are. As I said, fats retain flavours from a variety of sources including cooking and curing. Your steak has almost certainly endured both. For a more accurate comparison go to your butcher and obtain a steak that hasn't been aged. Slice off a strip of fat and a strip of muscle and eat both raw. Your utter revulsion at both should be a clear sign that the Lord Allmighty intended all good Christians to be vegetarians.
Why assume that I would be revolted by either?

Wait, are you saying that since you wouldn't be revolted by eating a slab of raw meat and fat, god exists? Facepalm

Or is this just a general evasion from the fact that most people wouldn't consider raw meat enjoyable and it undercuts your bullshit assertion?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
07-01-2017, 07:35 AM
(07-01-2017 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Name one thing I believe in that is magic or a magical thing. All I speak of is nature and natural.

Your 'one creator god' is not part of nature; if it was you would be able to provide demonstrable, testable evidence for it.

Quote:No; your buddy said she hates the fact that the dead won't know if they are wrong because they are dead. That's just an FD up way to look at things.

And once again you totally missed the point. She was lamenting the fact that people waste their lives on nonsense instead of enjoying what is actually real. It was not spite or an attempt to gloat.

Quote:Name a single dogmatic or magical thing I believe in.

Your god

Quote:You really are clueless; I am considered Islamic by myself and actual Muslims.

Islam means submission to GOD.

I'm also Christian, Hindu, Baha'i, a Zoroastrian, and avidly studying Jainism, Taoism, Confucianism and other faiths in GOD and virtues schools of thought.

The god of Islam is not the "one creator god" that you have imagined. Any believing Muslim would have to consider you a heretic, as would most believers in the other faiths. I don't believe that any practicing Muslims consider you to be Islamic (whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean).

You've created your own little theology just like thousands of wanna-be cult leaders in the past. If you'd been around hundreds or thousands of years ago you might have succeeded. Today you will be lucky to get a few followers for your particular brand of delusion.

Quote:By the way; not trying to convert, just awaken

You mean you want people to believe what you believe... that's called trying to convert. Why don't you go troll some theistic fora where people tend not to base their beliefs on evidence and are willing to entertain fantasy and delusion as being real? Nobody is buying your shit here.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
07-01-2017, 07:47 AM
(07-01-2017 06:50 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why assume that I would be revolted by either?

Wait, are you saying that since you wouldn't be revolted by eating a slab of raw meat and fat, god exists? Facepalm

Or is this just a general evasion from the fact that most people wouldn't consider raw meat enjoyable and it undercuts your bullshit assertion?
Neither
07-01-2017, 07:49 AM
(07-01-2017 07:35 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Name one thing I believe in that is magic or a magical thing. All I speak of is nature and natural.

Your 'one creator god' is not part of nature; if it was you would be able to provide demonstrable, testable evidence for it.

Quote:No; your buddy said she hates the fact that the dead won't know if they are wrong because they are dead. That's just an FD up way to look at things.

And once again you totally missed the point. She was lamenting the fact that people waste their lives on nonsense instead of enjoying what is actually real. It was not spite or an attempt to gloat.

Quote:Name a single dogmatic or magical thing I believe in.

Your god

Quote:You really are clueless; I am considered Islamic by myself and actual Muslims.

Islam means submission to GOD.

I'm also Christian, Hindu, Baha'i, a Zoroastrian, and avidly studying Jainism, Taoism, Confucianism and other faiths in GOD and virtues schools of thought.

The god of Islam is not the "one creator god" that you have imagined. Any believing Muslim would have to consider you a heretic, as would most believers in the other faiths. I don't believe that any practicing Muslims consider you to be Islamic (whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean).

You've created your own little theology just like thousands of wanna-be cult leaders in the past. If you'd been around hundreds or thousands of years ago you might have succeeded. Today you will be lucky to get a few followers for your particular brand of delusion.

Quote:By the way; not trying to convert, just awaken

You mean you want people to believe what you believe... that's called trying to convert. Why don't you go troll some theistic fora where people tend not to base their beliefs on evidence and are willing to entertain fantasy and delusion as being real? Nobody is buying your shit here.
Not selling anything.

Perhaps you would come to some other conclusion, but I doubt it.
07-01-2017, 07:58 AM
(07-01-2017 07:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 06:50 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Wait, are you saying that since you wouldn't be revolted by eating a slab of raw meat and fat, god exists? Facepalm

Neither

These guys have a more coherent idea of reality than you do:

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
07-01-2017, 08:57 AM
(07-01-2017 07:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not selling anything.

You have done nothing since you arrived but profess your bullshit claims in an attempt to "awaken" us. That's selling something. If you weren't such a delusional fool you'd see that and your passive-aggressive claims to the contrary don't change the facts. Get help Pops. You need it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
07-01-2017, 09:09 AM
The definition of "intelligent design" ---

A dildo with rechargeable batteries........

All this "god" talk is just comic book stuff.....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-01-2017, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017 12:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-01-2017 09:04 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That's Pops in a nutshell.

I was just thinking that macadamia nuts have 4x the fat of filet mignon. Cashews 3x. Coconuts 2x. Avocados have about the same. All of them move even slower than a fat cow. What could it mean? Consider

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post