Intellegent design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: Intellegent design
(07-01-2017 12:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 09:04 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That's Pops in a nutshell.

I was just thinking that macadamia nuts have 4x the fat of filet mignon. Cashews 3x. Coconuts 2x. Avocados have about the same. All of them move even slower than a fat cow. What could it mean? Consider

Also worth pondering, if our tastebuds are a sign of "intellegent" design: why do so many nutrient-dense foods that are good for us (at least that's what my mom said) taste so yucky? I'm looking at you, Brussels Sprouts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
07-01-2017, 02:35 PM
(07-01-2017 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Name one thing I believe in that is magic or a magical thing. All I speak of is nature and natural.

You named two in as many sentences:

(04-01-2017 10:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is said that the things of GOD are subtle yet profound. Something that may seem to be neither, that relates to intellegent design...

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
07-01-2017, 02:40 PM
(07-01-2017 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 05:46 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  They are. As I said, fats retain flavours from a variety of sources including cooking and curing. Your steak has almost certainly endured both. For a more accurate comparison go to your butcher and obtain a steak that hasn't been aged. Slice off a strip of fat and a strip of muscle and eat both raw. Your utter revulsion at both should be a clear sign that the Lord Allmighty intended all good Christians to be vegetarians.

Why assume that I would be revolted by either?

Because most people are. You may not be most people, but would simply indicate that your fondness for uncooked flesh is a perversion of God's Divine Plan for Christian Vegetarianism.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
07-01-2017, 02:54 PM
A simple and inexpensive thought experiment to show how The Lord AllMighty designed your tastebuds.

Go to your local supermarket and set up several booths at random locations offering free samples:

- In one booth offer chocolate and cookies

- In another booth offer raw carrots and celery

- In the third booth offer uncooked strips of liver and fat

Observe which booths give away samples most rapidly.

From the data we can deduce that The Lord God intended us to be attracted to empty calories and junk food first, nutritious but energy-poor vegetables second, and repelled by energy-dense meats. We are designed to starve.

Or perhaps this is just an ill-conceived thought experiment laiden with preconceptions that fails to account for marketting and cultural bias, much like the OP.

---
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
07-01-2017, 02:57 PM
(07-01-2017 02:40 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why assume that I would be revolted by either?

Because most people are. You may not be most people, but would simply indicate that your fondness for uncooked flesh is a perversion of God's Divine Plan for Christian Vegetarianism.

Leviticus 15
15 The Lord told Moses 2 to give the Israelites the following laws about offering sacrifices:
3 Bulls or rams or goats[a] are the animals that you may burn on the altar as sacrifices to please me.[b] You may also offer sacrifices voluntarily or because you made a promise, or because they are part of your regular religious ceremonies. The smell of the smoke from these sacrifices is pleasing to me.

God does not seem to be a vegetarian. Eating raw meat is an acquired taste. Cooking it first is tastier and more healthy anyway. Brussels sprouts are not mentioned in the Bible.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
07-01-2017, 08:49 PM
(07-01-2017 02:57 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Eating raw meat is an acquired taste. Cooking it first is tastier and more healthy anyway.
Every taste is acquired, some are just more easily acquired than others. I was never exposed to raw meat until somewhere in my late 40s but particularly in the case of beef I found it easy to overcome the novelty and now find it tastes better than cooked in many instances, and it's simpler to prepare and seems to require less seasoning. That cooked meat automatically tastes better is something you are acculturated to and has no inherent truth to it. Even the notion that cooked meat is "healthier" can be deconstructed pretty easily. Uncooked, unsmoked meat is harder to preserve and easier to contaminate, but like anything else, if handled properly it isn't "less healthy" in the sense of "more likely to give you food poisoning". It is in fact often more healthy for other reasons. Everything is a tradeoff.
08-01-2017, 05:08 PM
(04-01-2017 10:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is said that the things of GOD are subtle yet profound. Something that may seem to be neither, that relates to intellegent design and sustenance for continued existence is fat...as in fat content in meat.

I'll explain;

-Is it true that fattier tissues hold more caloric value....energy?

-Is it true that fattier tissues have more flavor or taste?
It's also easier to eat more quickly than lean muscle.

So we as meat eaters are naturally drawn to the most beneficial sustenance. And in a more primitive hunting/gathering scheme, the most nutritious prey would actually be easier to spot and catch due to proportions.

I'll leave it alone... not a coincidence and evolution doesn't care remember?

I never realised until reading this post that you don't actually have to physically hit your head against a wall to leave you dazed and confused and wondering what the fuck just happened. Reading posts such as this will have a similar effect.

I am mightily impressed by the inventiveness of some humans to plumb the depths of utter stupidity in new and exciting ways.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post