Intellegent design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: Intellegent design
Um, have we not been replying substantively to your post?

I have read numerous posts that address the issue of whether there's something magical or special (beyond evolution by Natural Selection) about the "question" you proposed, which is just a derivative of the "look how well the puddle fits the pothole" argument.

Someone pointed that out, too.

But you, like most theists who come here to argue with us, ignore all the substantive posts, declare that we haven't answered your question (so maybe you didn't ask it well enough to communicate your message to the audience-- it's not the audience's fault if the speaker does not convey their message; this is taught on day one of any Speech 101 class in the country), and got all huffy when we found your denial and umbrage amusing.

Then you start to pretend that the people swearing and/or making fun of your grammar skills are the real issue, so you don't have to deal with the actual issues we have been raising throughout the thread, while you call us names in return.

Those actions do nothing to bolster your argument or give any modicum of pretense that you have a clue.

Now get your shit together and address the arguments that have been made in reply to your OP, or explain (in English, this time) why we failed to grasp your intended interpretation of the OP.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
05-01-2017, 11:22 PM
(05-01-2017 10:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm just pissy cuz I always come here with this idea that at least someone will admit they can at least see my point. But everyone acts as if they don't for whatever reasons.

Perhaps the reason is that we didn't see your point because you didn't make one. Nothing more malicious than that.

You tried to lead us around with a lot of Socratic questioning. That's a fine approach under the correct conditions, but when your audience approaches things from a wildly different worldview, you have to employ it with caution, if at all. Odds are that the different starting assumptions are going to lead to a very different answer from the one intended and frustration for all involved.

You'd be better served by making your point in a simple, straightforward fashion. That way I don't have to try and shoehorn myself into your head, make a lot of faulty assumptions about your thinking, and end up talking at cross-purposes. Saves trouble all around.

And don't title your thread "Intelligent Design" if you want polite conversation on an atheist forum. ID is the morally bankrupt attempt by the "Discovery Institute" to pimp religion in the science classroom as outlined in their Wedge document. It's like waving a flag in front of a bull. You may have meant something different but you are going to have a damned hard time making yourself heard after that intro. I'd have as much success giving a sermon on rational atheism titled "Crackers and Jesus Juice". That'll fly just fine around here where most people already agree with those sentiments. Less effective if I delivered it from the pulpit.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
06-01-2017, 12:09 AM
(05-01-2017 09:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Since you couldn't figure it out due to my own inadequacies I'll spell it out; I left it open and in question form and without wholly making conclusions in hopes that one might stumble upon what I was getting at. No doubt a good few did; but lack the decency to man up and even mention it on an intellectual level, let alone actually discuss it.

I'm not upset that I can't spell, and shit. I've known that for some time.

It really is sad though, what passes for intellect these days. Fucking spelling and grammar.

Pretty good critical thinking skills being able to see past those horrible grammatical errors and intentionally underdeveloped and or executed points

By the way; I'm pretty sure you misspelled something. dick

Fucking hell, do you ever not stop making shit up? Now your complete and utter lack of communication skills was a purposeful act on your part? You purposely failed to convey what you actually meant, as a subversive bread crumb trail? You left your point 'intentionally underdeveloped', as opposed to being either entirely unable to develop it, or it being a meaningless point to develop?

Yeah, you go fuck yourself. It's never your fault for failure to communicate, it's everyone else's fault for not getting it.

Have you heard the old adage about assholes?

If you wake up in the morning and meet an asshole, then you met an asshole. If you go to sleep and everyone you met that day was an asshole? You're the asshole.

[Image: 58586231.jpg]

Also, you forgot to capitalize the 'd' in dick, dickhead.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-01-2017, 12:49 AM
Hey Pop's.

Listen mate, you're a dumb fuck. Seriously stupid.

Please fuck off.

Nobody cares what you think.

Get over it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
06-01-2017, 02:06 AM
(05-01-2017 09:41 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 09:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  A grammar Nazi ass. Get over it

Strictly speaking its the Spelling Schutzstaffel.

A couple of years ago it was Spelling Sturmabteilung Big Grin
but then something horrible *happened* to our CEO Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
06-01-2017, 02:08 AM
(05-01-2017 09:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Then you should not have referred to us as eat eaters when discussing our diet. Your bad for the lack of clarity. Suck it up buttercup.

What's an "eat eater"? And are puerile ad hominems really the best you can do as a caring Christian? Sad.

Quote:You asked many apperently irrelevant questions and then left us to wander as we wished. Clearly we haven't wandered as you wished. I blame a lack of organization and coherence in the OP.

I blame your apparent inability to spell even simple words correctly: Repeatedly. Poor grammar and syntax is a classic indicator of the poorly educated and/or a double digit IQ rating.

Quote:I'm not upset that I can't spell, and shit. I've known that for some time. It really is sad though, what passes for intellect these days. Fucking spelling and grammar.

You should be "upset" that you can't spell; spelling is probably one of the most basic of our means for the successful communication of ideas across a society. To display a petulant and willful ignorance of this explains why—repeatedly on these forums—you're unable to promote any sensible theories and/or engage in any truly meaningful debate.

There's a free Firefox spell-checker available at this site: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...-spellche/...
I suggest you consider using it so that at the least you don't sound like Bozo the Clown.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
06-01-2017, 02:10 AM
(05-01-2017 09:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 09:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No shit huh....We've been over this.

Everyone is weak at times.

Still not benefital towards any real cause.....Thanks damnit

The peace still stands...I just get agrivated...I know, great representative for a merciful benevolent all knowing GOD right?

Thanks

peace

A merciful benevolent all knowing god would teach you how to spell "beneficial".

Peas and carrots and maybe some onions.

..and probably "aggravated" too.

Piss on you too! (from "The italian man at Malta")

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
06-01-2017, 02:18 AM
You want to be taken serious Pops? Here you go:

Lets assume, there is a creative force behind evolution an abiogenesis. What makes you think its your particular god in your particular version of god, and why should we believe it?

06-01-2017, 02:56 AM
(05-01-2017 10:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 09:57 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  And when we clearly came to different conclusions you threw a temper tantrum, demonstrating once again how nobody may disagree with the orthodoxy.

It isn't the spelling, it's the reaction. A smart person goes, "Ha-ha, I mis-spelled something. It's a funny." and it passes. Yet here you are dozens of posts later being thin-skinned about it. Makes you look silly and easy to tease.

I'm certain I did. This is the internet and I don't exactly proof my posts. Most people don't even notice. Occasionally I make a funny like your ironic one and we get a chuckle out of it. It's only when you're a thin-skinned half-wit who can't see the irony that it carries on like this.

The honesty's novel, I'll grant you that. Disappointed that I don't rate more than a four letter word you learned in grade school though. Some mendacious little hypocrites take no pride in their insults.
I'm just pissy cuz I always come here with this idea that at least someone will admit they can at least see my point. But everyone acts as if they don't for whatever reasons.

I am thin skinned it seems right now. Thanks for pointing it out. It doesn't help anything either.

Regardless, this thread is quite past pointless for me now as it is more than obvious than none care to talk seriously about the initial topic at hand.

Good night and peace with all sincerity.

I do apologise for the needless negative ramblings and appreciate your ability to point them out in such a manner that is conducive to my desisting from said behavior.

You have no point.

Explain to us how and why your all-knowing benevolent *intelligent designer* designed the systems that allowed thousands of babies to be born with genetic disorders and die from cancer during the past month, and then explain to us how and why the "intelligent design" permits and allows more than 50 % of all human conceptions to fail and spontaneously abort. He's kind of a piss-poor designer now, isn't he ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-01-2017, 03:01 AM
(06-01-2017 02:56 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You have no point.

Explain to us how and why your all-knowing benevolent *intelligent designer* designed the systems that allowed thousands of babies to be born with genetic disorders and die from cancer during the past month, and then explain to us how and why the "intelligent design" permits and allows more than 50 % of all human conceptions to fail and spontaneously abort. He's kind of a piss-poor designer now, isn't he ?

Let me guess...

1 - Who Are You To Question God's Evident Design?
2 - We Cannot Understand God, Just Take It On Faith!

Both answers are piss poor, and if he had even an ounce of intellectual honesty, he would be ashamed of himself; but we all know that's not going to happen.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post