Intelligence & Modern Day Survival of the Fittest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Star Intelligence & Modern Day Survival of the Fittest
Does anyone here feel that intelligence could be today's version of survival of the fittest. Now that physical attributes are less important, do you think that intelligent people should not feel bad about taking advantage of idiots? I feel as if unintelligent and ignorant people like those stupid enough to believe in faith healing or demon possession etc. deserve to be exploited because it is ignorant and unintelligent people who are responsible for a lot of the worlds problems and the reason the human species is not living to its potential. If we also agree that morals are not given by God and that they are decided by humans, and that many things can be spun to be seen as both moral and immoral, then you could argue that it is not immoral to take advantage of idiots. Finally, if we agree that it is unlikely we will have anything other than this life to live, is there any justification for us not to take advantage of lower intelligence people for example charging money in return for exorcisms if there is no consequence on this earth and no consequence after you die.

What are your thoughts?

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoroeau

Please check out my YouTube channel! Thumbsup http://www.youtube.com/user/1ScottUK
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheLogicalAthiest's post
29-01-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: Intelligence & Modern Day Survival of the Fittest
(29-01-2014 08:08 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  Does anyone here feel that intelligence could be today's version of survival of the fittest. Now that physical attributes are less important, do you think that intelligent people should not feel bad about taking advantage of idiots? I feel as if unintelligent and ignorant people like those stupid enough to believe in faith healing or demon possession etc. deserve to be exploited because it is ignorant and unintelligent people who are responsible for a lot of the worlds problems and the reason the human species is not living to its potential. If we also agree that morals are not given by God and that they are decided by humans, and that many things can be spun to be seen as both moral and immoral, then you could argue that it is not immoral to take advantage of idiots. Finally, if we agree that it is unlikely we will have anything other than this life to live, is there any justification for us not to take advantage of lower intelligence people for example charging money in return for exorcisms if there is no consequence on this earth and no consequence after you die.

What are your thoughts?

No.

More intelligence means we find better ways of keeping the unintelligent alive & reproducing.

Intelligent people also make fewer babies. (spend too much time intelligently thinking about family planning rather than fucking)

...unless you want to walk through the dark alleys of Eugenics & the Nazi's.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
29-01-2014, 08:25 PM
That's psychopathy yer talking about, not intelligence; and it's already happening, only it's called "the corporate elite." Dodgy

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Yabut, you already did this thread...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ead-masses

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
29-01-2014, 08:43 PM
(29-01-2014 08:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Yabut, you already did this thread...

My life is really crap right now, I have no friends, no enjoyment etc. So I naturally think of scenarios in which I can change my life around. I also think it is an interesting topic as I feel the answer is subjective and you can agree and disagree to it strongly.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoroeau

Please check out my YouTube channel! Thumbsup http://www.youtube.com/user/1ScottUK
29-01-2014, 08:49 PM
(29-01-2014 08:43 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 08:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Yabut, you already did this thread...

My life is really crap right now, I have no friends, no enjoyment etc. So I naturally think of scenarios in which I can change my life around. I also think it is an interesting topic as I feel the answer is subjective and you can agree and disagree to it strongly.

Sucks, man. I'm sorry your life is crap, but with this subject: are you just looking to put out some philosophical discussion, or are you seeking some kind of affirmation of taking advantage of people who don't know any better?

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
29-01-2014, 10:09 PM
(29-01-2014 08:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 08:43 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  My life is really crap right now, I have no friends, no enjoyment etc. So I naturally think of scenarios in which I can change my life around. I also think it is an interesting topic as I feel the answer is subjective and you can agree and disagree to it strongly.

Sucks, man. I'm sorry your life is crap, but with this subject: are you just looking to put out some philosophical discussion, or are you seeking some kind of affirmation of taking advantage of people who don't know any better?

Its more the philosophical discussion. I don't think I would actively go out and take advantage of others. However if the opportunity was handed to me, I probably would take it if it mean considerable gain in the quality of my own life.

29-01-2014, 10:35 PM
(29-01-2014 10:09 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  Its more the philosophical discussion. I don't think I would actively go out and take advantage of others. However if the opportunity was handed to me, I probably would take it if it mean considerable gain in the quality of my own life.

Even at the risk of guilt on down the road? I don't necessarily see self sacrifice for others as requisite for personal happiness, but causing another to suffer in order to gain is simply unethical and not a path conducive to happiness with oneself. In my opinion.

29-01-2014, 10:50 PM
(29-01-2014 10:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 10:09 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  Its more the philosophical discussion. I don't think I would actively go out and take advantage of others. However if the opportunity was handed to me, I probably would take it if it mean considerable gain in the quality of my own life.

Even at the risk of guilt on down the road? I don't necessarily see self sacrifice for others as requisite for personal happiness, but causing another to suffer in order to gain is simply unethical and not a path conducive to happiness with oneself. In my opinion.

Well like I say my current life situation would make more more willing to do things I normally wouldn't so that I could be happy. I am not sure I would regret my actions too much as I would be able to find justification for why it isn't immoral and why they deserve it if they cannot think for themselves. I would also not be causing physical pain. I do think you are right though that it would not bring true happiness. Also don't get me wrong, I can see how it is immoral but I also think there is a strong case to suggest it isn't immortal to take advantage of ignorant and unintelligent people.

29-01-2014, 11:24 PM
(29-01-2014 10:50 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  I also think there is a strong case to suggest it isn't immortal to take advantage of ignorant and unintelligent people.

I think that there's a strong possibility that your case would somehow mirror those arguments used by Nazis to cull out "inferior genetics". Survival of the fittest, right?