Intelligence does not exist. IQ does not exist. Nobody is smart

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2013, 01:01 PM
RE: Intelligence does not exist. IQ does not exist. Nobody is smart
(06-08-2013 12:59 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The convergence of ideas such as evolution by two separate researchers (Darwin and Wallace) and the convergence of the discovery of calculus by two different researchers (Newton and Liebniz).

Indeed.

Calculus exists as an idea.

At one point in time it did not exist as an idea.

So: whence came it?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2013, 01:01 PM
The knowledge to breathe, eat, sleep, walk, run, climb, jump, grab, see, hear, etc, etc...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
06-08-2013, 01:03 PM
(06-08-2013 12:57 PM)MentalMasturbation Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 12:55 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  If you think that you're not very intelligent as you think a telephone directory is intelligent.

Well then ''enlighten'' me Oh wise one.Bowing

Where do you think your thoughts come from and ideas?

Everything you know you have memorized from someone else.

The scientist with a PhD in biologically plausible artificial intelligence that I married says intelligence can be defined is the ability to adapt to temporal stimuli. In little words that you might understand, that basically means the ability to adapt to change over time, to go beyond stimulus/response.
06-08-2013, 01:03 PM
(06-08-2013 01:01 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The knowledge to breathe, eat, sleep, walk, run, climb, jump, grab, see, hear, etc, etc...

How is that exactly ''knowledge''?

I am just telling you that all people should atleast admit that they are copy's of other peoples thoughts/experiences and the movies and books they read and the music they listen to.
06-08-2013, 01:04 PM
(06-08-2013 01:00 PM)MentalMasturbation Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 12:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  I will agree that you're an idiot.

You are in denial and clearly delusional if you think intelligence exists.

Where does your ideas/thoughts come from?

They come from books, movies, videos, music, articles, seminars, audiobooks, you name it, the ability to memorize stuff you hear and see and read.

And where do you think original thoughts come from? Quantum theory, plate tectonics, cosmic background radiation, clocks, steam engines, light bulbs, ....

Your idea is idiotic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2013, 01:05 PM
(06-08-2013 01:03 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 12:57 PM)MentalMasturbation Wrote:  Well then ''enlighten'' me Oh wise one.Bowing

Where do you think your thoughts come from and ideas?

Everything you know you have memorized from someone else.

The scientist with a PhD in biologically plausible artificial intelligence that I married says intelligence can be defined is the ability to adapt to temporal stimuli. In little words that you might understand, that basically means the ability to adapt to change over time, to go beyond stimulus/response.

Do you think this scientist with a PhD was born a scientist with a PhD? No, he studied it for years and MEMORIZED everything he learned and is now using it as his own ''intelligence''.
06-08-2013, 01:09 PM
(06-08-2013 01:05 PM)MentalMasturbation Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 01:03 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  The scientist with a PhD in biologically plausible artificial intelligence that I married says intelligence can be defined is the ability to adapt to temporal stimuli. In little words that you might understand, that basically means the ability to adapt to change over time, to go beyond stimulus/response.

Do you think this scientist with a PhD was born a scientist with a PhD? No, he studied it for years and MEMORIZED everything he learned and is now using it as his own ''intelligence''.

To get a PhD, one has to do some original research. You are demonstrably wrong in your statements.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-08-2013, 01:11 PM
(06-08-2013 01:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 01:05 PM)MentalMasturbation Wrote:  Do you think this scientist with a PhD was born a scientist with a PhD? No, he studied it for years and MEMORIZED everything he learned and is now using it as his own ''intelligence''.

To get a PhD, one has to do some original research. You are demonstrably wrong in your statements.

Answer the question, was this person born a Scientist with a PhD? No.

Was he born a scientist or did he study to become a scientist?
06-08-2013, 01:16 PM
(06-08-2013 01:05 PM)MentalMasturbation Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 01:03 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  The scientist with a PhD in biologically plausible artificial intelligence that I married says intelligence can be defined is the ability to adapt to temporal stimuli. In little words that you might understand, that basically means the ability to adapt to change over time, to go beyond stimulus/response.

Ok, you're a troll. I'm out of here.
06-08-2013, 01:16 PM
(06-08-2013 01:00 PM)MentalMasturbation Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 12:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  I will agree that you're an idiot.

You are in denial and clearly delusional if you think intelligence exists.

Where does your ideas/thoughts come from?

They come from books, movies, videos, music, articles, seminars, audiobooks, you name it, the ability to memorize stuff you hear and see and read.

Which are INTEGRATED, and re-assembled, dependent on what YOUR prior learning has made possible. Your premise is false, and your conclusion is false.

Welcome to *Troll Central*.
Having a bad day, are we ?
Got kicked out of Grade School today ?
Please start some more threads, so they can ban you, ASAP.

Just when I think we've seen the MOST stupid possible person on Earth, another shows up and proves me wrong.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche