Intelligent Design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 05:29 PM
RE: Intelligent Design
(22-02-2016 02:30 AM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 10:57 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  And yet earlier you're using the complexity of the human brain for evidence of this. That's a bit of a leap from abiogenesis. Makes you look a bit disingenuous too.
Wondered if anyone would catch that. Well done. I almost went back and used the complexity of DNA within even the most simple single-celled organisms as my example instead, but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Lazy and dishonest. Two great flavours that go great together.

Quote:I also almost didn't respond to you because of your overly condescending tone

You need a thicker hide kid. Let me know if you need a hand with that.

Quote:but you made a good valid point with this last part which needed addressed.

It's "needed adressing." Past continuous tense.

There, now you know what condescending looks like. Not that I put any real effort into that.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
22-02-2016, 05:35 PM
(22-02-2016 02:21 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  Ah, sorry. Your post on the first page was way long, so I didn't wind up reading it. I would say no, not for this purpose. Whoever started/wrote the genetic algorithm perhaps, but the algorithm itself wouldn't be considered intelligent.

Starts a thread. Doesn't read the responses. Seriously, dude? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-02-2016, 05:39 PM
(22-02-2016 01:56 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  I'm saying that something intelligent, be it aliens or whatever you want to call it, may have had a part in the origin of life.

Can't dismiss that but you can discount it. The money's on something stupid.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-02-2016, 05:57 PM
(22-02-2016 05:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 02:21 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  Ah, sorry. Your post on the first page was way long, so I didn't wind up reading it. I would say no, not for this purpose. Whoever started/wrote the genetic algorithm perhaps, but the algorithm itself wouldn't be considered intelligent.

Starts a thread. Doesn't read the responses. Seriously, dude? Facepalm

Must not have been intelligently designed.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
22-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Welcome blackeyedghost. Isn't it fun to create ridiculous, made up, wouldn't it be cool if BLANK existed bloviations? Humans have been doing it for years..... Gods, fairies, Bigfoot, secret alien life on earth, Jesus and any number of other fabrications. It IS entertaining I admit. Here let me try.....I posit that Uranus is actually hollow, and residing inside is the Great and Powerful Green Bunny.... Who as we all know, created all life, the universe and human sentience. Don't believe my assertion? Well you just try to disprove it, if you can't then that means it is true. This is a fun thought exercise...next let's discuss how Bigfoot farts cure cancer....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 7 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
22-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Nature precedes design
Nature provided the foundation for life to emerge from simple chemical reactions.
Life evolved through natural processes of reproduction and a host of environmental challenges.

For any man-made design, man must come first. Nature must precede design.

For any alien life that could have seeded this world, that alien life must have either also been seeded or arose naturally.

Everything begins with nature and if an intelligence arises from that nature, only then you can have intelligent design.

Nature - Intelligence - Design ( in that order )

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
22-02-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: Unintelligent Design
This is what a designed universe looks like:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR47N7G8ar7ahzQQk1lROH...qkcteY2Fow]
One flat surface, people, pets, shelter, scenery, light. Some water to drink and for the fishes to swim around in. Clouds for rain and for god and company to hang out on.

A responsible Creator does not use a fusion explosion in dynamic equilibrium with its own gravity as a light source. That simply isn't responsible and isn't sustainable in the long-term.
[Image: sunprom_soho_big.jpg]

So what the heck is this?
[Image: seqF_037a_half.jpg]Because it sure as shit isn't about us and it doesn't exactly look intelligently designed.

Guess which universe you live in.

---
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
22-02-2016, 09:10 PM
(22-02-2016 09:01 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  So what the heck is this?

God is a spider.

So where are the spiders?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
23-02-2016, 01:08 AM
I've got to be honest. As much fun as it has been reading the same arguments over and over, I'm actually a bit tired of doing so at this point. So I'm just going to say that Intelligent Design is a stupid idea which was created by theists in order to justify belief in God (apologetics). It wasn't created by known scientists who came up with the idea as a way to explain observations they had made. Thus, while (as I've been arguing) it is a possibility, it's far from something worth giving much thought to. Thanks for letting me waste all of your time with this ridiculous thread, but you all seemed to be enjoying ripping the idea apart, so I figured I'd let you have your fun. Although I may still post a few responses if I'm bored, you may consider this thread more-or-less abandoned.
23-02-2016, 01:15 AM
(23-02-2016 01:08 AM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  Thanks for letting me waste all of your time with this ridiculous thread,,,,

It wasn't a waste. I liked it.