Intelligent Design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2016, 09:52 PM
RE: Intelligent Design
(21-02-2016 09:51 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 09:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Unbeliever. Yes, you're a mean spirited arsehole who never gives likes. However, you are far too intelligent to debate with this:

[Image: brick_texture3334.jpg]

Big GrinTongueAngelRolleyes

All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Aren't we all. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2016, 09:59 PM
(21-02-2016 09:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 09:51 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Aren't we all. Smile

Not Chas. He's a big grout-ch.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
21-02-2016, 10:00 PM
(21-02-2016 09:24 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  There is no reason to believe it without proof.
That's not the position I take, I agree.
Quote:If you want this intelligent design speculation to have any credibility, then you must define what is not intelligently designed to compare this alleged intelligent design with what isn't designed.

Charles Darwin himself explained why complex things can indeed be the result of natural evolution with no intelligence as part of that process as he broke down the non-contingent nature of the eye's evolution.
Again, I didn't say that complex things had to have an intelligent source, but that it's a possible source of life.
Quote:He also explained that it may not seem intuitive, yet that is what natural evolution is capable of.

I understand the concept of evolution very well. This argument isn't counter to evolution, but simply a possible starting point for it.
21-02-2016, 10:01 PM
(21-02-2016 09:59 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 09:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Aren't we all. Smile

Not Chas. He's got a big crotch.

I'll take your word for it. Shocking

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
21-02-2016, 10:04 PM
(21-02-2016 09:06 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  For this forum, I'm defining "Intelligent Design" as the idea that life was originally either created or seeded on this planet by some intelligent source.

It is my stance that this is a valid possibility and shouldn't be discredited without proof.

The evidence I claim supports this stance is the complexity of life forms as we know. The human brain is the most complex bit of "machinery" in the known universe, with man-made (intelligently designed) things only recently having any sort of comparable complexity.

I realize this is far from a popular view in this forum, but I none-the-less hold it. I created this forum so people would have a place to tell me how stupid I am without junking up other forums.

Complexity in no way supports "intelligent design". In fact if you actually knew anything about the myriad ways that things go all wrong, the way things arose, are actually very very stupid design.

You have in no way defined your terms, precisely. At what point EXACTLY, does a design become a "complex design". You can't say. You don't even know the physics or chemistry involved in "life" There is no absolute boundary between "life" and "non-life", and you have not posited where that is.

Order arises spontaneously in this universe : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

You may have created this thread, but you didn't create this forum.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-02-2016, 10:06 PM
(21-02-2016 09:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is to be rejected until you provide evidence for said intelligence.
I did provide evidence even if you attribute another possible explanation to it. And it shouldn't be outright rejected, we should just be skeptical, as with everything.
Quote:And if was seeded from elsewhere, that is no answer at all. It is just kicking the can a little further down the lane.
Correct you are. This is an argument for the possible source of life on Earth, not the ultimate, original source.
Quote:Your incredulity is not an argument. The more we learn about the brain and the mind, the more it appears to be a cobbled together bunch of gadgets that evolved.

Stupid? No, just credulous and ignorant.
Ignorant/stupid, toMAYto/toMAHto.
21-02-2016, 10:07 PM
(21-02-2016 09:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 09:51 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Aren't we all. Smile

Just another spoke in a great, big wheel.
21-02-2016, 10:08 PM
(21-02-2016 09:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Unbeliever. Yes, you're a mean spirited arsehole who never gives likes.

Accurate.

Honestly, I just don't care about the like system on any given forum. It's... weird, to me. This isn't Facebook.

(21-02-2016 09:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  However, you are far too intelligent to debate with this

The fact that I keep trying would seem to indicate otherwise.

(21-02-2016 10:00 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  Again, I didn't say that complex things had to have an intelligent source, but that it's a possible source of life.

You then utterly failed to substantiate this assertion of possibility.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
21-02-2016, 10:09 PM
(21-02-2016 10:07 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 09:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Aren't we all. Smile

Just another spoke in a great, big wheel.

[Image: chamois-buttr-eurostyle-embrocation-186384-12.jpg]

ShockingShockingShockingSadcryface2

Banjo.
21-02-2016, 10:10 PM
(21-02-2016 09:27 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I think what you’re really doing here is playing a game of what if? What if Earth was really seeded by an alien race? Cool! What if human DNA is really alien DNA that was spliced onto indigenous species to create us? How neat!

We don’t have evidence for anything like this, and we can't pretend that we do just to satisfy our sense of wonderment. Sure, it’s very fun to play games of what if and imagine the possibilities of the unknown. It fuels our interest to get out there and discover more and more! But we still have to be cognizant of the fact that scientific theories are based on evidence and not on what couldhave been.
Correct. I'm stating it's a possibility, not that it's right.