Intelligent Design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: Intelligent Design
(21-02-2016 10:08 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 09:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Unbeliever. Yes, you're a mean spirited arsehole who never gives likes.

Accurate.

Honestly, I just don't care about the like system on any given forum. It's... weird, to me. This isn't Facebook.

(21-02-2016 09:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  However, you are far too intelligent to debate with this

The fact that I keep trying would seem to indicate otherwise.

(21-02-2016 10:00 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  Again, I didn't say that complex things had to have an intelligent source, but that it's a possible source of life.

You then utterly failed to substantiate this assertion of possibility.

I "liked" your post anyway. Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2016, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2016 10:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-02-2016 10:06 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  I did provide evidence even if you attribute another possible explanation to it. And it shouldn't be outright rejected, we should just be skeptical, as with everything.

You provided no "evidence". One needs not entertain all ridiculous ideas. There is no evidence. The complexity observed can all be explained, hypothetically.
If you disagree, refute the chemistry in the video.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-02-2016, 10:13 PM
(21-02-2016 10:10 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  Correct. I'm stating it's a possibility, not that it's right.

Occam's razor. It's totally unnecessary.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Hello again. Smile

(21-02-2016 10:06 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  I did provide evidence even if you attribute another possible explanation to it. And it shouldn't be outright rejected, we should just be skeptical, as with everything.

Oh, sorry I missed that, could you re-post it?

(21-02-2016 10:06 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  Correct you are. This is an argument for the possible source of life on Earth, not the ultimate, original source.

Riiight.. Consider

So, you're talking about "Abiogenesis' then? Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
21-02-2016, 10:18 PM
(21-02-2016 10:06 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 09:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is to be rejected until you provide evidence for said intelligence.
I did provide evidence even if you attribute another possible explanation to it. And it shouldn't be outright rejected, we should just be skeptical, as with everything.

You have provided zero evidence, just opinion.

Quote:
Quote:And if was seeded from elsewhere, that is no answer at all. It is just kicking the can a little further down the lane.
Correct you are. This is an argument for the possible source of life on Earth, not the ultimate, original source.

Just not a very interesting argument.
Life had to begin somewhere, and how that happened is the interesting question.

Quote:
Quote:Your incredulity is not an argument. The more we learn about the brain and the mind, the more it appears to be a cobbled together bunch of gadgets that evolved.

Stupid? No, just credulous and ignorant.
Ignorant/stupid, toMAYto/toMAHto.

That statement displays ignorance. Stupidity and ignorance are not at all the same.

Ignorance can be remedied; stupidity, not so much.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
21-02-2016, 10:22 PM
(21-02-2016 10:06 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  I did provide evidence even if you attribute another possible explanation to it.

No, you didn't. You provided a non sequitur comment that offered no support to your original assertion, then claimed it was evidence.

The complexity of life is in no way evidence of intelligent design, or even of the possibility of it.

Not even a little.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
21-02-2016, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2016 10:45 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Why would an "intelligence" seed life into a system that could have produced it anyway ?

Why would an "intelligence" seed life into a system that already produced ''near life" (viruses) already ?

Or are you saying this "intelligence" produced EVERYTHING we observe on Earth, which is an integral and continuous part of the universe ? Did this 'intelligence" make stars go supernova to make the heavy atoms required for life. What are you actually saying it did anyway ?

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-02-2016, 10:37 PM
(21-02-2016 10:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Why would an "intelligence" seed life into a system that could have produced it anyway ?

Why would an "intelligence" seed life into a system that already produced ''near life" (viruses) already ?

Or are you saying this "intelligence" produced EVERYTHING we observe on Earth, which are an integral and continuous part of the universe ? Did this 'intelligence" make stars go supernova to make the heavy atoms required for life. What are you actually saying it did anyway ?

An "intelligent designer" invented diarrhea and constipation.

I mean, why? Huh

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-02-2016, 10:57 PM
(21-02-2016 09:06 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  For this forum, I'm defining "Intelligent Design" as the idea that life was originally either created or seeded on this planet by some intelligent source.

It is my stance that this is a valid possibility and shouldn't be discredited without proof.

Any assertion that is made without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.

All the mighta-coulda-woulda in the world doesn't add up to a single drop of actually happened.

But hey, have a read of the Discovery Institute's Wedge Document, synopsis on Wikipedia.

Quote:The evidence I claim supports this stance is the complexity of life forms as we know. The human brain is the most complex bit of "machinery" in the known universe, with man-made (intelligently designed) things only recently having any sort of comparable complexity.

I do love the brain. Best example of unintelligent design in my books. What sort of dumb-fuck Creator assembles the most powerful computers on the planet and then restricts their communication to acoustic modulation in the bits per second range that evolved from screeching at other monkeys? That's like building the internet using trained dogs to carry flash cards with "ones" and "zero" between the computers.

(21-02-2016 10:00 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  I understand the concept of evolution very well. This argument isn't counter to evolution, but simply a possible starting point for it.

And yet earlier you're using the complexity of the human brain for evidence of this. That's a bit of a leap from abiogenesis. Makes you look a bit disingenuous too.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
21-02-2016, 11:00 PM
(21-02-2016 10:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ignorance can be remedied; stupidity, not so much.

The cure for stupidity comes in 22, 30 and 45 calibre doses.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.