Intelligent RE-Design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Intelligent RE-Design
(16-03-2013 01:06 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 06:25 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Maybe but not necessarily. I envision a short, dedicated tract that bypasses the pharynx region and goes unobstructed from nose to lungs.

Speaking of pathogens...a better re-design would include a more robust human immune system.

Then you would have to redesign the nose so that it doesn't get stuffed up. You would also have to make it bigger because thereare times during exertion that you need so much air, you breath through your mouth.
Exactly! You are already suggesting better alternatives to what we have now. I'm not very impressed with our current engineering specs if you ask me.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Intelligent RE-Design
(16-03-2013 02:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  We should have been designed with an epidermis that reflects UVB and UVA radiation seeing as how we are so close to the sun and all...
Either the sun is too close or our skin needs more hair or what I said above.

We already do have a mechanism in place. But, some of us are descended from races who spent centuries or more living in places where these mechanisms were not in much use (e. g. British Isles).

Curse you, Irish skin!!!
16-03-2013, 02:22 PM
And what comedian configured the region between our legs—an entertainment complex built around a sewage system?
Neil deGrasse Tyson

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
16-03-2013, 05:46 PM
We should photosynthesize. Solves a lot of problems. Drinking Beverage

Of course, it's not easy being green.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
16-03-2013, 06:00 PM
(16-03-2013 05:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  We should photosynthesize. Solves a lot of problems. Drinking Beverage

Funny. Since I don't have a photo of a frog I shall present you with a photo of a Frogfish.

Camouflage. We don't have camouflage! Better yet chromatophores so we can change our coloring at will.
[attachment=1204]

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-03-2013, 06:25 PM
(16-03-2013 05:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  We should photosynthesize. Solves a lot of problems. Drinking Beverage

Wow you actually went there...now I've got Kermit the frog signing about being green running through my head. Thanks a lot.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

16-03-2013, 06:39 PM
(16-03-2013 06:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Wow you actually went there...now I've got Kermit the frog signing about being green running through my head. Thanks a lot.

Switch over to Rainbow Connection. Drinking Beverage

..the lovers, the dreamers, and me - all of us under its spell, we know that it's probably magic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2013, 06:42 PM
I sang that in choir..

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

18-03-2013, 05:07 PM
I suggested a more robust immune system and here we have a young scientist developing built-in sensors that fight off infections! Now why couldn't god think of this?

http://phys.org/news/2013-03-horizon-imp...ction.html

21-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I'd like better eyesight like that of birds of prey:

Some birds have ultraviolet sensitivity; others have infrared sensitivity. To boot, some birds can even see the Earth's magnetic field. Much of the credit for avian visual acuity goes to the extraordinary retina, which grows out of the brain during development, making it an official component of the central nervous system. Indeed, the avian retina is far more complex in structure and composition than the human retina, and it contains many more photoreceptors -- rod- and cone-shaped cells that detect light and color, respectively.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2011-06-feather-cap...l.html#jCp