Intensity vs assholishness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Intensity vs assholishness
It's been an interesting couple of days with a little self reflection.

Last Tuesday I was able to call into the TTA podcast and talked with Seth on air about the subject of NDEs related to aviation physiology and the conversation slowly drifted to death by hypoxia. I though it was a little strange and definitely when it went into the realm of animal euthanasia by hypoxia for medical research. It probably sounded bizarre to a lot of people and I wonder if it really put off poor Seth. It almost seemed like a prank call but it really wasn't on my part.

But that's just kinda the way I've always been. I've always seen the world in detailed and sometimes bizarre ways. And some people interpret this as me trying to make them uncomfortable or offensive. It's not.

Some would say don't worry about that kind of stuff because it's minor. It does bother me a little because the offhanded effect is not what I am after. I sometimes feel that stuff costs me jobs or friendships when it shouldn't. It does bother me.

Thoughts?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2013, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 07:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Intensity vs assholishness
Pffft ... Girly's had a nitrogen go bag at hand for decades. It has saved my life many times. Tongue

(12-06-2013 07:29 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I though it was a little strange and definitely when it went into the realm of animal euthanasia by hypoxia for medical research. It probably sounded bizarre to a lot of people and I wonder if it really put off poor Seth.

Bah, dude's prolly got his own go bag.

P.S. Helium will work in a pinch.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-06-2013, 07:43 PM
I'm offended that you would even ask!

Don't sweat it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-06-2013, 07:51 PM
"He once had an awkward moment just to see what it felt like."

- The Most Interesting Man in The World.

Sometimes I wish it was that easy.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
12-06-2013, 08:07 PM
(12-06-2013 07:51 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  "He once had an awkward moment just to see what it felt like."

- The Most Interesting Man in The World.

Sometimes I wish it was that easy.

Wut? It's not? Huh

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Everybody is weird and awkward, you just gotta find/stick to your weird and awkward type. Big Grin

Seth is super easy going, I doubt he batted an eye. I'll listen to the podcast tomorrow and tell you what I really think though, ha ha.

I don't know about you, but when I went on air I stressed about everything after, I'm not used to being recorded for eternity on something for the public to hear. I thought the show was over when Seth picked up and I was thrown off, and I wasn't myself. I could care less now, though. I don't even remember what the show was called that I was on. Don't over think stuff, for this or in general. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
21-06-2013, 08:55 PM
I listened to this podcast yesterday. I found the aviation part really fascinating and added to the podcast. It really explained that the NDE is physiological and not something super natural.

no worries. its all good. Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller