Intercessory prayer is pointless

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2017, 01:52 AM
RE: Intercessory prayer is pointless
(02-09-2017 01:24 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 01:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is no inconsistency to be resolved. You are creating an inconsistency which does not exist within Christianity on that particular point. Many Christians are just unwilling to accept the responsibility that goes with it.

That's great of you don't see any inconsistency here, please explain. If Jesus in flesh is God himself, why he constantly expresses his need and dependence to God?

Ah ha! Now you get to show me where he expresses this need and dependence, and I get to respond at my leisure at how you're missing the obvious. Big Grin

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2017, 02:00 AM
(02-09-2017 01:52 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ah ha! Now you get to show me where he expresses this need and dependence, and I get to respond at my leisure at how you're missing the obvious. Big Grin

Quote:"My Father is greater than I." [John 14:28]

"My Father is greater than all." [John 10:29]

"…I cast out devils by the Spirit of God…." [Mathew 12:28]

"…I with the finger of God cast out devils…." [Luke 11:20]

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." [John 5:30]

Also please answer my previous post.
02-09-2017, 02:02 AM
(02-09-2017 01:46 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 01:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You have a piss poor opinion of the powers of your god. You have fake god. Weak god. No god-fu. What is it that makes you think God cannot manifest itself in Man? It's kind of the whole point of Christianity.

I agree. But one must distinguish X and the manifestation of X. They are not the same, are they?

I think the whole point of all these various incarnations of God is precisely to show God is manifest. We have met the enemy, and he is us. We are the Gods. No? What's the point then, if not that? .... You go bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of personal identity on me at your own peril.

#sigh
02-09-2017, 02:07 AM
(02-09-2017 02:00 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  Also please answer my previous post.

I think I did. Like while you were writing that post. If you start pissing your pants I'm leaving. .... Consider Unless you're wearing a trucker's pal on your thigh. Then it's probably okay to piss yourself. To a point obviously.

#sigh
02-09-2017, 02:10 AM
(02-09-2017 02:00 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  [quote='GirlyMan' pid='1235312' dateline='1504338743']

Ah ha! Now you get to show me where he expresses this need and dependence, and I get to respond at my leisure at how you're missing the obvious. Big Grin

Quote:"My Father is greater than I." [John 14:28]

The "we" is greater than the "me". pfft ... easy peasy Tongue Next.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-09-2017, 02:13 AM
(02-09-2017 02:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think the whole point of all these various incarnations of God is precisely to show God is manifest. We have met the enemy, and he is us. We are the Gods. No? What's the point then, if not that? .... You go bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of personal identity on me at your own peril.

So there are many Gods? Many selves? each having an independent will?
02-09-2017, 02:15 AM
(02-09-2017 02:00 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  "My Father is greater than all." [John 10:29]

You so silly. Big Grin

"My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one." [John 10:29-30, KJmotherfuckingV]

Silly goose.

#sigh
02-09-2017, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2017 02:28 AM by nosferatu323.)
If you tell me you accept that "The self is one", I will accept all that you said.
*All that you say
[+] 1 user Likes nosferatu323's post
02-09-2017, 02:28 AM
(02-09-2017 02:19 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  If you tell me you accept that "The self is one", I will accept all that you said.

Deal. That's more interesting than whatever the last thing you had me thinking about anyway. I wanna say it's three. Not sure why. It's what my gut says. HouseofCantor has had some interesting things to say just recently about this very topic. Enjoy this while I go find the words of the Prophet of the Paltrow.

#sigh
02-09-2017, 02:38 AM
(02-09-2017 02:28 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 02:19 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  If you tell me you accept that "The self is one", I will accept all that you said.

Deal. That's more interesting than whatever the last thing you had me thinking about anyway. I wanna say it's three. Not sure why. It's what my gut says. HouseofCantor has had some interesting things to say just recently about this very topic. Enjoy this while I go find the words of the Prophet of the Paltrow.

Here it is.

Pure Number -
We do not see three. We see one, and two, then count back to zero. Somewhere along the line, we forgot. We thought real was reality and counted to three, but originally we weren't counting, we were existing.

I should note that there is some dispute over whether the first "pure" number should be 3, or the first perfect number - 6. Wars have been waged over this.

#sigh