Interesting Article

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: Interesting Article
Someone ban Aleph before I quit this forum please.

This got old a long time ago.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like gofish!'s post
19-01-2015, 06:26 PM
(19-01-2015 02:42 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 12:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  I do get a chuckle from the enormous, unfounded, untestable leap to consciousness though. Fucking brilliant!

Everything I have said is confirmed in this video? I could choose any number of resources, but these guys are the best minds you will ever find on the subject of the implications of the Digital Universe. All physicists you know are now coming to the conclusion: information theory is necessary to understand physics. Why do you suppose this is in relation to Word and Aleph Bet (Father)?

You have lost the debate. God demonstrates his own designs, embedding his signature into the very letters used to write the Word.

Debate? What debate? Your presuppositional trash is loony.

Quote:No spam here. Truth. Only one thing to say when we reach the root of what can be said.

Your truth is only your truth; unconvincing to the rest of us.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Ouch.

It can't be that only theists find the implications of the double-slit experiments very intriguing, can it?

Since the Bible teaches that God is light...

I'm trying to think of a second non-organic something that seems to change behaviors when observed in controlled environments, besides light particles. Anyone?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
20-01-2015, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2015 10:46 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(20-01-2015 12:02 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Ouch.

It can't be that only theists find the implications of the double-slit experiments very intriguing, can it?

And that snakes talk, womankind originated from a rib, that wisdom comes from fruit, that god can't win in a fist fight against a single human nor can he overcome chariots made of iron, that rabbits chew cud, that god is OK with Human sacrifice and a lot of other stupid superstitious shit. And no I don't care about your interpretation, don't even bother.

Stop talking about what the Bible says. No one finds it interesting or relevant except you so just say it out loud to yourself and save us from having to read your inane shit you pedantic little monkey.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
20-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Someone ban the ever-predictable and tiresome Q, too.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
22-01-2015, 03:35 PM
(20-01-2015 06:20 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 12:02 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Ouch.

And that snakes talk, womankind originated from a rib, that wisdom comes from fruit, that god can't win in a fist fight against a single human nor can he overcome chariots made of iron, that rabbits chew cud, that god is OK with Human sacrifice and a lot of other stupid superstitious shit. And no I don't care about your interpretation, don't even bother.

Stop talking about what the Bible says. No one finds it interesting or relevant except you so just say it out loud to yourself and save us from having to read your inane shit you pedantic little monkey.

So you can or cannot think of something inorganic besides light that seems to change its behavior like a sentient, organic being? Can you or can't think of a second example?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
22-01-2015, 03:37 PM
(20-01-2015 09:09 PM)claywise Wrote:  Someone ban the ever-predictable and tiresome Q, too.

Hi Claywise,

I'm many things besides boring and predictable, but one of them is polite. If I was banned for being boring, I'd wear that with a badge of honor as well as tell thousands of Christians I was banned from an atheist website for being nice and boring!

Let's not go there. If you like, I can pray for a while to say something that will really surprise YOU personally.

22-01-2015, 06:59 PM
(22-01-2015 03:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 06:20 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And that snakes talk, womankind originated from a rib, that wisdom comes from fruit, that god can't win in a fist fight against a single human nor can he overcome chariots made of iron, that rabbits chew cud, that god is OK with Human sacrifice and a lot of other stupid superstitious shit. And no I don't care about your interpretation, don't even bother.

So you can or cannot think of something inorganic besides light that seems to change its behavior like a sentient, organic being? Can you or can't think of a second example?

Light does not change its behavior like a sentient being unless you don't understand what the words "sentient", " being", or even "like" means in that context then sure I could see how you could come to so stupid a description.

It's very clear that while you might find the "implications" that just happen to fit, incorrectly and only in your head I will add, into your presupposition intriguing it's obvious you don't actually understand the experiment or it's findings or even it's point.

Your god is a fairytale kid, no more real then your avatar is. Now run along.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-01-2015, 07:08 PM
(22-01-2015 03:37 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 09:09 PM)claywise Wrote:  Someone ban the ever-predictable and tiresome Q, too.

Hi Claywise,

I'm many things besides boring and predictable, but one of them is polite. If I was banned for being boring, I'd wear that with a badge of honor as well as tell thousands of Christians I was banned from an atheist website for being nice and boring!

Let's not go there. If you like, I can pray for a while to say something that will really surprise YOU personally.
Ya I'm just gonna step in and interrupt you there QC and I'm gonna disagree with you. You are boring, you are pedantic, you are insufferably predictable and you are, in fact, not polite. Polite company does not waste peoples time with the pedaling of woo and the claiming of things you know to be false.

You might have a different standard of polite then I do but you also have a clearly demonstrated different standard of crazy and gullibility then I do so I'd not be surprised. Personally I find people who argue dishonestly, lie, and make claims to information they clearly don't have to be about as far as one can get from polite. Assholes is the word I use regularly as a descriptor.

22-01-2015, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2015 07:20 PM by GirlyMan.)

Nah he's all right. Predictable does not necessarily entail tedium. Ain't like Alphabet who was so ... fucking ... tedious.

(22-01-2015 03:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  So you can or cannot think of something inorganic besides light that seems to change its behavior like a sentient, organic being? Can you or can't think of a second example?

What you mean by "inorganic"? I think we've already found examples of non-carbon based structures which respond to their environment like plants do. Lemme google.

#sigh