Interesting Article

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Interesting Article
(20-01-2015 06:20 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 12:02 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Ouch.

It can't be that only theists find the implications of the double-slit experiments very intriguing, can it?

Since the Bible teaches that God is light...

And that snakes talk, womankind originated from a rib, that wisdom comes from fruit, that god can't win in a fist fight against a single human nor can he overcome chariots made of iron, that rabbits chew cud, that god is OK with Human sacrifice and a lot of other stupid superstitious shit. And no I don't care about your interpretation, don't even bother.

Stop talking about what the Bible says. No one finds it interesting or relevant except you so just say it out loud to yourself and save us from having to read your inane shit you pedantic little monkey.
That would be a good name for a bar. Pedantic Monkey
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Jack_Ripper's post
22-01-2015, 10:18 PM
(22-01-2015 07:14 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 06:20 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And that snakes talk, womankind originated from a rib, that wisdom comes from fruit, that god can't win in a fist fight against a single human nor can he overcome chariots made of iron, that rabbits chew cud, that god is OK with Human sacrifice and a lot of other stupid superstitious shit. And no I don't care about your interpretation, don't even bother.

Stop talking about what the Bible says. No one finds it interesting or relevant except you so just say it out loud to yourself and save us from having to read your inane shit you pedantic little monkey.
That would be a good name for a bar. Pedantic Monkey

The only respectable name for a bar is Puzzles.

[Image: true-story.png]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
23-01-2015, 01:05 PM
(22-01-2015 06:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 03:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  So you can or cannot think of something inorganic besides light that seems to change its behavior like a sentient, organic being? Can you or can't think of a second example?

Light does not change its behavior like a sentient being unless you don't understand what the words "sentient", " being", or even "like" means in that context then sure I could see how you could come to so stupid a description.

It's very clear that while you might find the "implications" that just happen to fit, incorrectly and only in your head I will add, into your presupposition intriguing it's obvious you don't actually understand the experiment or it's findings or even it's point.

Your god is a fairytale kid, no more real then your avatar is. Now run along.

Is this a bad paraphrase, then? And if so, rather than only saying "Q doesn't understand it" please tell me why and how I misunderstand:

Light seems to behave differently when observed in controlled condition. Scientists cannot yet account for this behavior. Light is unique in this regard, as it is not a living thing.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-01-2015, 01:05 PM
(22-01-2015 10:18 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 07:14 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  That would be a good name for a bar. Pedantic Monkey

The only respectable name for a bar is Puzzles.

[Image: true-story.png]

I love the HIMYM bit where they want to go to Closed, which is closed, and attend the opening of Opening, which is not yet open, et al.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
23-01-2015, 02:59 PM
(22-01-2015 07:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 09:09 PM)claywise Wrote:  Someone ban the ever-predictable and tiresome Q, too.

Nah he's all right. Predictable does not necessarily entail tedium. Ain't like Alphabet who was so ... fucking ... tedious.

I will agree that Aleph is considerably more annoying than even Q. And that, for the most part, Q is polite ... also very, very predictable and too often smug.

But as I've noted elsewhere, perhaps much of my amplified irritation with Q is that I have to look at the mugshot of the TNG character. I'm no Trekkie, but I never could stand that character and that actor's face bugs me to no end.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
23-01-2015, 03:41 PM
(23-01-2015 02:59 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 07:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nah he's all right. Predictable does not necessarily entail tedium. Ain't like Alphabet who was so ... fucking ... tedious.

I will agree that Aleph is considerably more annoying than even Q. And that, for the most part, Q is polite ... also very, very predictable and too often smug.

But as I've noted elsewhere, perhaps much of my amplified irritation with Q is that I have to look at the mugshot of the TNG character. I'm no Trekkie, but I never could stand that character and that actor's face bugs me to no end.

Aleph was no better than a cheap Turing Test programme. I'll take smug and conceited above that any day.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
23-01-2015, 09:06 PM
(23-01-2015 02:59 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 07:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nah he's all right. Predictable does not necessarily entail tedium. Ain't like Alphabet who was so ... fucking ... tedious.

I like Q from star trek. I find him interesting and all the episodes where he is messing their the captains shit is funny! My favorite episode is where he looses his omnipotence.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
28-01-2015, 11:44 AM
(23-01-2015 09:06 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(23-01-2015 02:59 PM)claywise Wrote:  I will agree that Aleph is considerably more annoying than even Q. And that, for the most part, Q is polite ... also very, very predictable and too often smug.

I like Q from star trek. I find him interesting and all the episodes where he is messing their the captains shit is funny! My favorite episode is where he looses his omnipotence.

Ah, did you notice how long it took TTA members to realize The Q was from Star Trek? Even with that profile photo, which could have been input into Google Image Search with ease, people kept giving me negative ratings because "Q refers to himself in the third person arrogantly" when any Star Trek buff knows The Q refer to themselves both as individuals and as a hive mind/plurality.

I mean, The Q weren't happy then...

28-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Making references to an idea from characters that you used to inspire your name after isn't any less or more ridiculous than referring to oneself in the 3rd person.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-01-2015, 01:20 PM
(28-01-2015 11:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Making references to an idea from characters that you used to inspire your name after isn't any less or more ridiculous than referring to oneself in the 3rd person.

I think it's MORE ridiculous.

...Then again, I've presented at Comic-Con, worked with DragonCon staff and watch a lot of doofy movies.

But 'ya gotta admit, "we" has a certain plural majesty attached to it. You know, like the Pope. We will help you as often as we can here at TTA.