Interesting "Motivational" Poster

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Interesting "Motivational" Poster
Chanced upon this while browsing the web. Any thoughts on this poster?

[Image: life+after+birth.jpg]

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like robotworld's post
25-01-2012, 03:03 AM
RE: Interesting "Motivational" Poster
Well, for one thing, mom wouldn't torture and kill the child for not believing in her, unlike other beings with eternal infinite love for the child, that I could mention. It wouldn't even occur to her to punish her baby for not having enough information to be persuaded that she is real. Luckily, motherly love is imperfect or otherwise, I guess she would turn into a murdering bitch.

This poster is inaccurate, unless mommy is waiting outside her womb preparing a torture chamber, waiting to punish the "atheist" baby and a cute baby room prepared for the "believer".

The child is not an atheist, s/he is a skeptic, which is a very healthy world view.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 5 users Like Malleus's post
25-01-2012, 03:10 AM
(25-01-2012 03:03 AM)Malleus Wrote:  Well, for one thing, mom wouldn't torture and kill the child for not believing in her, unlike other beings with eternal infinite love for the child, that I could mention. It wouldn't even occur to her to punish her baby for not having enough information to be persuaded that she is real. Luckily, motherly love is imperfect or otherwise, I guess she would turn into a murdering bitch.

This poster is inaccurate, unless mommy is waiting outside her womb preparing a torture chamber, waiting to punish the "atheist" baby and a cute baby room prepared for the "believer".

The child is not an atheist, s/he is a skeptic, which is a very healthy world view.

BAM! Malleus nails it again. What a champ Big Grin

What we need is a nice response to this - maybe the same photo with an appropriate caption?
25-01-2012, 03:15 AM
I have an even better idea. The picture is not conclusive. That can very well be a glass dome in a laboratory, not necessarily a womb. That would make the a-mom-ist's view quite accurate Big Grin

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

25-01-2012, 03:23 AM
(25-01-2012 03:15 AM)Malleus Wrote:  I have an even better idea. The picture is not conclusive. That can very well be a glass dome in a laboratory, not necessarily a womb. That would make the a-mom-ist's view quite accurate Big Grin

What I mean is, all the irritating theists out there are posting this on fb and elsewhere like it's an unanswerable argument for God. I've seen two or three friends posting it. I'd like to post something with a similar visual impact - the same photo or one slightly different... but with a counter-meme to caption it, to draw attention to how stupid it is. Can't think of a good one-liner though...
25-01-2012, 03:27 AM
I just pointed the one-liner: connect a bunch of tubes and life support machines to the artificial womb in the picture. "Skepticism makes sense, bitches"

[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
25-01-2012, 03:28 AM
I agree with Malleus completely. I don't think a good mother would watch her children murder and go to war without intervening. She would try her best to prevent poverty and protect her child. She would love them no matter if they agreed with her or not.

The opposite of God.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
25-01-2012, 08:06 AM
How about same picture and something like one baby saying to the other,
"If you don't believe in Mom I'm going to kill you!"

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
25-01-2012, 08:24 AM
That works too

25-01-2012, 08:46 AM
I was thinking it would say something like, "Hey Brother, If babies get their soul at conception, which one of us has it?"
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post