Interesting Question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Re: Interesting Question
It's been brought up before. It's hard to just go off saying religion. What does that entail, you can go and still follow non deity religions or do those not qualify. Like zen Buddhism.

If that's open, I'll stick to Kopimism. It's already valid in Sweden was it?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2014, 07:34 AM
RE: Interesting Question
Whatever branch of Jesus-ism that allows me to kill myself quickly and bum in heaven.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
16-01-2014, 07:46 AM
(15-01-2014 01:30 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  2. Just for the sake of this thread, assume every religion mentioned is true.
3. You can NOT make up your religion.

Ridiculous. I am the living word of Gwynnite, and Gwynnite makes "all religions true" (as Void is the source) Tongue

And! There'd be more "caring," perhaps, if this question was more interesting or new. To use Chas for example, I don't think the "atheist mindset" appreciates "fuzzy logic."

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2014, 09:15 AM
(16-01-2014 07:46 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 01:30 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  2. Just for the sake of this thread, assume every religion mentioned is true.

Ridiculous. I am the living word of Gwynnite, and Gwynnite makes "all religions true" (as Void is the source) Tongue

And! There'd be more "caring," perhaps, if this question was more interesting or new. To use Chas for example, I don't think the "atheist mindset" appreciates "fuzzy logic."

I would not be a good example of that. I understand fuzzy logic, even studied it at university.

I see most things as being on a continuum or a spectrum, not either/or.
It's just when something has been sufficiently demonstrated as false, it's time to move on.
You haven't been paying attention. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
16-01-2014, 09:17 AM
(16-01-2014 09:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 07:46 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Ridiculous. I am the living word of Gwynnite, and Gwynnite makes "all religions true" (as Void is the source) Tongue

I would not be a good example of that. I understand fuzzy logic, even studied it at university.

You haven't been paying attention. No

Explaining the scare quotes, mr. paying attention. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
16-01-2014, 11:33 AM
(16-01-2014 07:46 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Well I thought it was interesting, and I am new to this forum and haven't seen it. This isn't meant to be a debate, this is meant for fun.

Atir aissom atir imon