Interesting book series

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Interesting book series
I just learned of an interesting book series by Scott Westerfeld that others may want to look into. It takes place during an alternate version of WWI where the British (the "Darwinists) use genetically engineered monsters as weapons, while the Germans (the "Clankers") use steam-powered machines as weapons. The first novel is called Leviathan, this is the name of the Darwinist's whale airship. How crazy is that?

I should mention the target demographic is 14 to 17-year-olds, but I'm willing to read it considering the unique plot. It has won all sorts of awards. My nephew actually had a copy of the first novel, so I didn't have to buy a copy.

Amazon has a 1-star review that reads: "Darwin monsters, twisted history, more girl power- this is not worth having on the shelf." Someone looked into the reviewers history and wrote: "I looked at this reviewer's past reviews and they apparently REALLY like Christian literature. So putting 2 and 2 together, it's obvious why this person didn't like this book, because (oh dear god!) this book has evolution in it!!! You'd think the word "Darwinists" in the book blurb word be a tip off."

Creationists not liking it really makes me want to read it more.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply