Interesting child abuse poster

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: Interesting child abuse poster
(12-11-2013 10:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't think I have ever seen words more true. It's making tears come to my eyes. I wish that when I was young something could be done about abuse, instead it was seen as family business and no one else's concern. No

Very glad that there is help out there now.

Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 10:36 PM
(12-11-2013 08:45 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 07:48 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_mp20b42U071qznvymo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mp20b42U071qznvymo2_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mp20b42U071qznvymo3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mp20b42U071qznvymo4_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mp20b42U071qznvymo5_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mp20b42U071qznvymo6_1280.jpg]

I found this on a support blog today. It could actually be pretty helpful.

A poster made by The Spanish organization ANAR Foundation (Aid to Children and Adolescents at Risk) started a new street poster campaign that uses the process of lenticular printing to secretly send a message to abused children without alerting their abusers, even if they are walking together.

Anyone over 4’5” sees the normal view of the child, with a caption: “Sometimes, child abuse is only visible to the child suffering it.”

Anyone shorter sees the beaten child version of the poster with another caption saying: “If somebody hurts you, phone us and we’ll help you.”

I thought it was pretty cool. Big Grin

That is an interesting concept to say the least, but I question if it would be all that successful...

Getting the word out there is what's important. A truly abusive parent knows how to abuse without leaving marks that the public will see. And just in case they are seen, kids in that situation are trained early to say/do whatever it takes to protect the family by keeping the secret. As I said, back in my day...people looked the other way because it was seen as not being anyone else's concern. It is a hopeless feeling to know that you have no where to turn.

I stopped praying when I figured out that God was not going to stop the beatings, he didn't give a shit or he didn't exist. He was all I had to turn to and he let me down too by giving me two abusive parents. Swung the door wide open for me to stop believing.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-11-2013, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 10:43 PM by sporehux.)
I stopped getting beaten at 14yrs old, only because I'd had enough and just went defiant, screaming at him to hit me like he child and wife basher he is, mocking his cowardness.
I was always frozen with fear, and this time was no different, on the knees praying every night for God to (progressively) make him nicer to kill him in car crash on the way home from the drunken binges. never did squat.
But deciding to step outside my fear frozen punching bag and say ive had enough was the end of it.

Going to school with a face like a smashed pumpkin, with sight out of one eye drinking through a straw, was the fastest resolution to child violence on record.
Fuck the shame, the shame was on him. and it fractured our family up to this day, 20+ years later, more than 2 dozen family members despise him.

So unless you go extreme public victim like me which could be fatal, then things like this phone for help ad thing is FUCKING FANTASTIC !!

And interestingly the family members that blame the whole incident on me for not covering up the event like a previous "motorcycle accident" are the most christian in the family. "honor thy parents = let them beat you to death, and if you don't die in 4 days,help with the cover story"

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 4 users Like sporehux's post
13-11-2013, 02:05 AM
I think it's pretty clever, myself. It's one of those things I see and think "Why didn't I think of that!?"

14-11-2013, 07:29 AM
(12-11-2013 10:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I stopped praying when I figured out that God was not going to stop the beatings, he didn't give a shit or he didn't exist. He was all I had to turn to and he let me down too by giving me two abusive parents. Swung the door wide open for me to stop believing.

This!

I didn't even know I was abused/neglected until I left home. I had no idea other kids didn't live that way. I spent as little time in our house as I could, if I wasn't seen they couldn't beat me. There was no point in calling anyone, if CPS or the police showed up and didn't take you from the home immediately it was about to get infinitely worse.

RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. - Ambrose Bierce (The Devil's Dictionary)
[+] 2 users Like Silo1180's post
14-11-2013, 03:59 PM
(14-11-2013 07:29 AM)Silo1180 Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 10:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I stopped praying when I figured out that God was not going to stop the beatings, he didn't give a shit or he didn't exist. He was all I had to turn to and he let me down too by giving me two abusive parents. Swung the door wide open for me to stop believing.

This!

I didn't even know I was abused/neglected until I left home. I had no idea other kids didn't live that way. I spent as little time in our house as I could, if I wasn't seen they couldn't beat me. There was no point in calling anyone, if CPS or the police showed up and didn't take you from the home immediately it was about to get infinitely worse.

Same here. When I was a child, I adjusted to what was happening around me. The old man did drugs and hit my mom a lot, and eventually, as I grew older, the abuse got worse for me too. I just got used to it, between the time it was happening and the time it took for my mom to divorce him and get us the fuck out of there.