Interesting quote!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Interesting quote!
"If Jesus had been killed 20 years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little Electric Chairs around their necks instead of crosses." - Lenny Bruce

If that did happen, then I am pretty sure religion would be banned. Then again if he didn't have his power, he would've been just a regular crazy hippie sentenced to death.
...LOL!
[Image: jesus-jesus-demotivational-poster-1209580176.jpg]

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2011, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2011 08:15 PM by Hughsie.)
RE: Interesting quote!
If Jesus lived 20 years ago then we wouldda had the best ever episode of Jeremy Kyle Big Grin. Imagine Mary going on to do a lie detector after 20 years of swearing blind that she didn't cheat on Joseph and that Jesus was an immaculate conception.

I can see it now;

Jeremy: We asked Mary, have you ever passionately kissed any man other than Joseph? She said no. The test says, she was lying. We asked Mary have you ever had sexual contact with any man other than Joseph? She said no. The test says, she was lying. We asked Mary have you ever had sexual intercourse with any man other than Joseph? She said no. According to this she was lying again. Finally, we asked Mary, were you a virgin at the time of Jesus' conception? She said yes. This test says your wife lied on every single question!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
24-11-2011, 08:05 PM
(24-11-2011 07:17 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  If Jesus lived 20 years ago then we wouldda had the best ever episode of Jeremy Kyle Big Grin. Imagine Mary going on to do a lie detector after 20 years of swearing blind that she didn't cheat on Joseph and that Jesus was an immaculate conception.

I can see it now;

Jeremy: We asked Mary, have you ever passionately kissed any man other than Joseph? She said no. The test says, she was lying. We asked Mary have you ever had sexual contact with any man other than Joseph? She said no. The test says, she was lying. We asked Mary have you ever had sexual intercourse with any man other than Joseph? She said no. According to this she was lying again. Finally, we asked Mary, were you a virgin at the time of Jesus' conception? She said no. This test says your wife lied on every single question!

Haha! That will be the greatest episode known to man.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
24-11-2011, 08:44 PM
If Jesus ha lived twenty years ago we would have used science which would probably be farther ahead than it is now, to study him. If it turned out he actually had super powers and he said it was because he was the son of god then I would worship the asshole too.

But you see there is a reason things like Jesus don't happen anymore. That reason is science as any would be messiah would be held under intense scientific and psychiatric study.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2011, 08:55 PM
(24-11-2011 08:44 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If Jesus ha lived twenty years ago we would have used science which would probably be farther ahead than it is now, to study him. If it turned out he actually had super powers and he said it was because he was the son of god then I would worship the asshole too.

But you see there is a reason things like Jesus don't happen anymore. That reason is science as any would be messiah would be held under intense scientific and psychiatric study.

Plus society just isn't quite as gullible as it was. We may still fall for stuff like homeopathy and psychics but if someone claims to be the son of God we lock them up with all the other mental patients. Based on that logic maybe in the future anyone who claims that they're able to speak to the dead will be immediately sectioned, I wish we had that now.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
24-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Plus psychics are for real jerk!

Just kidding.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
25-11-2011, 12:09 AM
(24-11-2011 08:44 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If it turned out he actually had super powers and he said it was because he was the son of god then I would worship the asshole too.

If you mean bow down and all that shit so he wouldn't fry you with a lightning bolt then I'd be bang alongside you. But all that fucking around worshiping the dude in your head is too much of a mindfuck - too much independent thought going on, just not possible... Think most of us here'd be heading one way if he really could read minds.
25-11-2011, 03:33 AM
(24-11-2011 08:55 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(24-11-2011 08:44 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If Jesus ha lived twenty years ago we would have used science which would probably be farther ahead than it is now, to study him. If it turned out he actually had super powers and he said it was because he was the son of god then I would worship the asshole too.

Plus society just isn't quite as gullible as it was. We may still fall for stuff like homeopathy and psychics but if someone claims to be the son of God we lock them up with all the other mental patients. Based on that logic maybe in the future anyone who claims that they're able to speak to the dead will be immediately sectioned, I wish we had that now.

And you are both wrong! Very wrong. Society IS still extremely gullible, "prophets" are considered crazy only until they legally register as a church of some kind, then they are no longer lunatics who hear voices, but they become religious leaders, charismatics. Here is the only proof and evidence you will ever need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwyFvIsoAnw

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-11-2011, 05:27 AM
If Jesus lived 20 years ago we could easily prove that it was no more than magic tricks and we wouldn't have most of the bull shit that came with it. One can dream though