Interesting read

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Interesting read
This may be something everyone but me knows about Laughat but I really found some of it interesting. A lot of basic info we've probably all thought about, but some great points I hadn't considered too. Try it!

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/biblia...zar_18.htm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: Interesting read
Yes. Interesting. theBorg ought to get edumacated over there.
15-08-2016, 05:42 PM
(15-08-2016 03:16 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  This may be something everyone but me knows about Laughat but I really found some of it interesting. A lot of basic info we've probably all thought about, but some great points I hadn't considered too. Try it!

YesI found it interesting for the 3 or 4 pages I read into it, but nothing I hadn't seen before.
15-08-2016, 09:45 PM
(15-08-2016 05:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Yes. Interesting. theBorg ought to get edumacated over there.

lol...err...the borg? I don't get the relationship? I'm a bit of a trekkie, too...how embarrassing
15-08-2016, 09:48 PM
(15-08-2016 05:42 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 03:16 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  This may be something everyone but me knows about Laughat but I really found some of it interesting. A lot of basic info we've probably all thought about, but some great points I hadn't considered too. Try it!

YesI found it interesting for the 3 or 4 pages I read into it, but nothing I hadn't seen before.

Nothing I'd call new, but the presentation is oddly...cult-like, maybe? Seems like it comes right out of The Leader's Manifesto or something, just the cadence and format...struck me as odd. Dodgy
15-08-2016, 10:03 PM
(15-08-2016 09:45 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 05:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Yes. Interesting. theBorg ought to get edumacated over there.

lol...err...the borg? I don't get the relationship? I'm a bit of a trekkie, too...how embarrassing

No, there currently is a dickhead using the name "theBorg" posting (evidently) in fora you are not visiting. Take a little time and look around, there are some real whackos posting in here. Facepalm You really are new to the internet. I feel for you, because you are going to have to wade through many troughs of muck to get at the kernels of truth which may be lying in the bottom. I've been on fora where the atheists were a pretty volatile bunch. This place is downright "civilized", compared to others. Believe it or not!

Guess I'm new enough to the internet that I ought to include a link to a poster, as reference, when I make said reference. I'm still learning...
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
15-08-2016, 10:42 PM
(15-08-2016 10:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 09:45 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  lol...err...the borg? I don't get the relationship? I'm a bit of a trekkie, too...how embarrassing

No, there currently is a dickhead using the name "theBorg" posting (evidently) in fora you are not visiting. Take a little time and look around, there are some real whackos posting in here. Facepalm You really are new to the internet. I feel for you, because you are going to have to wade through many troughs of muck to get at the kernels of truth which may be lying in the bottom. I've been on fora where the atheists were a pretty volatile bunch. This place is downright "civilized", compared to others. Believe it or not!

Guess I'm new enough to the internet that I ought to include a link to a poster, as reference, when I make said reference. I'm still learning...

Ah, that makes much more sense! Thanks! Actually, I'm not new to the internet and I'm a reasonably talented programmer...my life was just too busy to bother with forums. They really are their own little worlds. I have browsed or "lurked" on some car forums, just to sort of gauge what was popular when I opened my shop, and there are some forums associated with aviation organizations, like AOPA or ALPA, but they aren't forums like this...they aren't for...dedicated...forum goers, I guess. Before a few weeks ago I had had almost nothing to do with this microcosm, or whatever you want to call it. It really is like learning a new language and a new etiquette! Its easy to commit a faux pas, without tone of voice or body language. The smilies really help, in that regard!
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
15-08-2016, 11:56 PM
Quote:No, there currently is a dickhead using the name "theBorg" posting (evidently) in fora you are not visiting.

LOL...wow, that was...interesting. Or painful. I went and tracked down that theborg character. I guess bible school doesn't teach grammar, syntax, spelling, or punctuation. It was physically painful just trying to decipher his posts, I only made it through a few before tossing in the towel.
Don't people realize that, whether their message is worthy or not, the majority of people won't give it much of a chance if it isn't written in clear, concise, easy-to-follow sentences?
This is probably a form of prejudice and I'm sure some intelligent but damaged or uneducated people suffer from it, but I know I tend to disregard things that appear to be written by idiots, unless I know in advance that the author suffers from TBI or something.
But in this case, even after wading through the muck, the information is still just flotsam. How dare he sully the good name of our future cyborg enemies? Not to mention the works of His Holy Father Roddenberry.Worship Slaves

Sacrilege.Lecture_preist
16-08-2016, 12:37 AM
If it's worth writing, it's worth writing well.