Interfaith dating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: Interfaith dating
(03-06-2014 12:06 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Inter-faith/nofaith relationships are maybe ok, but when you add conservative (in terms of religion) to it then that is nearly impossible.

Hope you find what you're looking for for your friend.

That. ^^

Frankly, I think it would be fun to be with a Wiccan. Or other similar Pagan. They have a lot of holidays, festivals, pretty stuff, etc, without being oppressive to other people. Just fun.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
03-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Ha, one of my friends (an atheist) started dating another one of my friends (a catholic, but she didn't know he was an atheist). She went to the bathroom, so I went up to him and asked 'Does she know that you're an atheist?'. He just blushed, which is dude-language for 'no'. She found out a week later, and BLAM they were done. I felt sorry for him, but it was hilarious.

What the heck is a signature? -RecursiveRecursion
[+] 1 user Likes RecursiveRecursion's post
03-06-2014, 11:58 PM
(03-06-2014 12:45 AM)RecursiveRecursion Wrote:  Ha, one of my friends (an atheist) started dating another one of my friends (a catholic, but she didn't know he was an atheist). She went to the bathroom, so I went up to him and asked 'Does she know that you're an atheist?'. He just blushed, which is dude-language for 'no'. She found out a week later, and BLAM they were done. I felt sorry for him, but it was hilarious.

Hmmmm.

You're new here so I'll be gentle.

I find this the opposite of hilarious. He intentionally deceived another human being. Dare I guess that he just wanted to get laid without caring at all about the repercussions? That's not funny, it's obnoxious. I don't feel sorry for him, I feel a little sorry for her, but I really feel sorry for the damage he's done in her mind, and the minds of her friends, who now have confirmation that atheists have no moral compass.

It's bad enough out there with all the religious people thinking we're amoral or downright evil, probably Satan-worshiping, baby-eating, Hitler-loving douchebags. I for one find nothing funny in any atheist acting in ways that perpetuate or validate their misapprehensions.

/rant

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post