• 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Interlude: God is a dick
He is... like... srsly

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 03:42 PM

RE: Interlude: God is a dick
Wow, harsh and judgmental there.Tongue

God is a dick.
[Image: icon2611.gif] To some, that is news.

We call those people, blind. Cool
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 04:03 PM
(07-06-2011 03:42 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  We call those people, blind. Cool
HEY, I demand respect for the disabled! Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
07-06-2011, 04:26 PM

(07-06-2011 04:03 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
Tongue
I respect blind people. A good friend of mine was born blind. I'm talking about those who suffer blind faith. Cool
07-06-2011, 06:26 PM
(07-06-2011 04:26 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
(07-06-2011 04:03 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
Tongue
I respect blind people. A good friend of mine was born blind. I'm talking about those who suffer blind faith. Cool

Blind faith is the only kind of faith, otherwise it wouldn't be faith at all but fact. Plus I long ago decided that I don't particularly care if there is a god or not, due to the fact that if there is one there is absolutely no frickin way he/she/it isn't a massive cocks*&king piece of s*it thereby I would want nothing to do with heaven anyhow.
:awesome:

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2011, 06:42 PM

Well, there is that. Tongue
I enjoy folks who use the Bible to prove the Bible is true. I went into the family library today and grabbed one of the KJV's from the shelf and gave it a read to about chapter 3.
It's amazingly bad fiction. Just Chapters 1 and 2 provide proof the copyists didn't know what the hell they were doing, repeating the first creation and population of the earth in two different ways. And yet, there are huge populations of people who believe the whole book is not only the words of a god, but is inerrant and absolutely the truth. Fact! As it were.
And trying to tell them, faith precludes fact, is like trying to turn bricks into puppies with just a whisper. Never happen. Can't see it. Must be the Devil at work.

I was at the Library the other day browsing videos. I saw this one entitled, "Encounters". The cover outlined it was about UFO's and alien abduction. I was tired of browsing the stacks and since that was my last pick of movies I grabbed it up without reading the back. Thinking to myself, awesome! A new independent sci-fi production.

Oh, I'm so funny.
No, it was a Christian film. I knew something was up when all the male characters in the cast dressed like Mormons. Shirts buttoned nearly to the throat, no skin showing, etc...
I got through the first 2 chapters and scanned quickly to the last one because I was bored out of my skull, but wanted to get to the point quickly.
The message of the movie? UFO's and "alien abductions" are all works of the Devil and his Demons, in order to confuse people so that when the Rapture comes folks that are led by those evil minions working in Satan's service, will think it's a massive UFO abduction scenario playing out. And they won't realize they've been left behind to suffer the Devil's torment for 7 years of the Tribulation promised in the Bible.
And the "Men in Black" we hear about that accompany real world abduction scenarios? Those are government agents making sure the ruse is working! Satan's other servants, as it were.

[Image: 7.gif] It's an infiltration of the dumb. They're everywhere! Even making movies.
[+] 1 user Likes GassyKitten's post
08-06-2011, 06:50 PM
God wishes he was a dick. Instead of just another nobody.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-06-2011, 06:57 PM
(08-06-2011 06:42 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Well, there is that. Tongue
I enjoy folks who use the Bible to prove the Bible is true. I went into the family library today and grabbed one of the KJV's from the shelf and gave it a read to about chapter 3.
It's amazingly bad fiction. Just Chapters 1 and 2 provide proof the copyists didn't know what the hell they were doing, repeating the first creation and population of the earth in two different ways. And yet, there are huge populations of people who believe the whole book is not only the words of a god, but is inerrant and absolutely the truth. Fact! As it were.
And trying to tell them, faith precludes fact, is like trying to turn bricks into puppies with just a whisper. Never happen. Can't see it. Must be the Devil at work.

I was at the Library the other day browsing videos. I saw this one entitled, "Encounters". The cover outlined it was about UFO's and alien abduction. I was tired of browsing the stacks and since that was my last pick of movies I grabbed it up without reading the back. Thinking to myself, awesome! A new independent sci-fi production.

Oh, I'm so funny.
No, it was a Christian film. I knew something was up when all the male characters in the cast dressed like Mormons. Shirts buttoned nearly to the throat, no skin showing, etc...
I got through the first 2 chapters and scanned quickly to the last one because I was bored out of my skull, but wanted to get to the point quickly.
The message of the movie? UFO's and "alien abductions" are all works of the Devil and his Demons, in order to confuse people so that when the Rapture comes folks that are led by those evil minions working in Satan's service, will think it's a massive UFO abduction scenario playing out. And they won't realize they've been left behind to suffer the Devil's torment for 7 years of the Tribulation promised in the Bible.
And the "Men in Black" we hear about that accompany real world abduction scenarios? Those are government agents making sure the ruse is working! Satan's other servants, as it were.

[Image: 7.gif] It's an infiltration of the dumb. They're everywhere! Even making movies.

I wish I could make bricks into puppies. That would be epic. Can anyone say crumbling puppy pile massacre. Buildings all over the world, suddenly puppies, chaos ensues. Not to mention happiness at all the wonderful puppies to snuggle.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2011, 06:59 PM

Seconded only by the Interstates turning into cuddly baby cats. Just think, no more skyscrapers, just snuggly baby dogs. And no more bumper to bumper traffic jams, just kittens and instead of horns and screeching tires at rush hour, purrrrrs instead. Tongue

Yep, we're weird. [Image: 8.gif] [Image: 1.gif]
Wink
[+] 1 user Likes GassyKitten's post
08-06-2011, 07:07 PM
(08-06-2011 06:57 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I wish I could make bricks into puppies.

Why? You gonna eat 'em? Trust me, they're a poor substitute for babies.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post