International communities hypocrisy RE: Chemical weapons?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2013, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2013 10:01 PM by bemore.)
International communities hypocrisy RE: Chemical weapons?
I am whacking this here in this section because not only is this section titled "Psuedo-science and conspiracy theories" but also "skepticism"

What I am referring to is the war between Iraq and Iran. I do not know much about this war, however in the light of recent events regarding Syria I thought I would do some reading and started with Wikipediai

After having spent some time loosely reading up on the subject, in my Google search's I came up with this article.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/20...assed_iran

This is the Crux of what I would like to discuss. I would like to hear people opinions or anything they can add regarding the Iraq/Iran war, the use of chemical weapons in the conflict and how the international community handled the situation.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: International communities hypocrisy RE: Chemical weapons?
I'm not commenting on the Iraq/Iran war directly.

The crux of the chemical weapons argument is that it's indiscriminate - you're killing people you may not have intended to kill. I'm not sure whether we should address US officials killing hundreds of thousands of civilians presently via traditional means, or depleted uranium shells which have irradiated parts of Iraq and will continue to kill and deform generations from now, or supporting ruling bodies and peoples who kill indiscriminately, or point to US officials killing millions in past wars with chemical and non chemical weapons.

1. There is hypocrisy on this issue.
2. Many people who should be jailed, and or executed for these past and present crimes will never come close to it.

So, Syria. We have killing of civilians - but who is responsible has not been made clear. With little effort being made to figure it out. And the only reaction by the very powerful is ... bomb the country and people like they've done so many times before.
22-09-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: International communities hypocrisy RE: Chemical weapons?
Trying to understand "normal" is a daunting task.

My 2 cents:
1. People have been butchering each other for a lot longer than recorded history. People are just a hair-trigger pull away from going to war any place any time.

2. War is profitable for the MIC and generally increases the wealth and power of politicians

3. Israel would like all its neighbors bombed back to the stone age.

4. Oil is of critical importance to the world's only remaining super-power.

5. Whatever this is about, morality in warfare is just a sorry excuse. But nearly an sufficient excuse.

PS Of course the USA didn't kill and innocent civilians when it A-Bombed Japan etc etc etc