Poll: Can Atheists form a political party?
no - the idea is preposterous
yes - but atheists do not have anything
yes - because atheists are smarter
[Show Results]

Internet Discussion Forums and Politics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2011, 02:27 PM
RE: Internet Discussion Forums and Politics
Interesting classification system. Interesting breakdown of science (classification). Keeps me pondering your interesting signature. I will keep my ears to the ground to see where your classification system goes in the future. But this
(15-03-2011 06:06 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I am the one and only truly brilliant critically thinking atheist.
Makes you look like a true narcissist.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2011, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2011 04:00 PM by TrainWreck.)
Sooner, or later, it will replace the Dewey and Library of Congress systems. I just do not have the ability to do a massive commercial promotion of it at this time. I am giving the atheists the most opportunity to get on the band wagon, so as to be able to demonstrate some community leadership, instead of just being the community whiners. The system I have devised is not biased to Christianity as the Dewey system is, yet we never hear the atheists whine about it, like they whine about everything else that is biased toward Christianity.
(21-03-2011 02:27 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  
(15-03-2011 06:06 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I am the one and only truly brilliant critically thinking atheist.
Makes you look like a true narcissist.
Well, that is one of the drawbacks of being the author of a classification system - Dewey, notably in his biography, had the same problem (anti-sementism, white supremacist) . But I assure you I did not put the effort into devising this system based on anything other than believing it was inevitable and it is for the better evolution of mankind. My provocative attitude, at this time, is simply a matter of efficient marketing. It is very difficult for me to understand why the system was not yet devised before my rendition, especially of the atheists; and I am certain many people are going to be jealous of it, because it is simply a list, and that it ought to be intuitively understood by all.

People are going to kick themselves for having not taken the time to figure this thing out, and atheists are at the top of the list for being negligent in this matter. If atheists are going to blame the Christian Church for suppressing science, and atheists are not in the lead to deliver the system to society, then be prepared to call it, "even." How else can you expect to promote the power of the critically thinking common peon atheists if you do not promote something "positive," instead of whining about Christian domination? Atheists are notorious for promoting critical thinking, yet, no atheist is ready to promote a classification system as a tool for critical thinking, except me - and that is what separates me from the crowd. For the most part atheists are "locked-in" to the erroneous of extensions of logic that they accuse the theists of thinking, but atheists do not recognize the errors because there are no words like, "god," or "religion," in the arguments.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
21-03-2011, 03:58 PM
You took my comment in stride and didn't explode. I don't think you can be dismissed as a simple troll.
I read the content in those links previous to my last post, even looked at the classification system a bit itself to try and wrap my head around it. Big assertions you make, with replacing the old systems and all. How much time and work went into this project?
And as for us not all jumping on your bandwagon, don't you think a friendlier means of introducing yourself would have been better before you began with the hostile poking?

21-03-2011, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2011 05:10 PM by TrainWreck.)
the atheists mantra
This is not my first atheist forum, probably the fourth; and the mindset of the membership does not appear to be any different than the others.

Christians are stupid, and atheism is not something that can be organized; and if atheists continue to whine about how stupid the Christians are, then eventually they will change, and everything will get better, because the theists won't be causing stupidity anymore, because they will then be critical thinking atheists.

Chronology of the Secular Library Classification project.

I'll start a new discussion

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
21-03-2011, 08:26 PM
RE: the atheists mantra
(21-03-2011 04:02 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  This is not my first atheist forum, probably the fourth; and the mindset of the membership does not appear to be any different than the others.

Christians are stupid, and atheism is not something that can be organized; and if atheists continue to whine about how stupid the Christians are, then eventually they will change, and everything will get better, because the theists won't be causing stupidity anymore, because they will then be critical thinking atheists.

Chronology of the Secular Library Classification project.

I'll start a new discussion
Honestly I'm not here to change the world man. I'm just here to talk to some like-minded people for a change. I don't think people are necessarily stupid for believing in their god. Many of the brightest people I've known have been theists, they just...don't like to question when it comes to some of the big scary questions. I don't like it when this holds up progress or when groups of the more deranged theists gum up the works, but there isn't much I can do about it. American politics is pay-to-play at this moment in time, and honestly, I don't think a classification system change is going to do anything about that soon enough. Especially when you have people getting elected who can just shut their earholes and sing "lalala, Earth is 6000 years old, no amount of supposedly factual evidence will change that." No amount of classification change or much of any change is going to get through to people that resist change like it's an allergy. And what's even sadder about it is that many of these people teach this avoidance to their children. I wish you luck with your project, I'll check out your new thread when I get a chance. I'm the type who attempts to see problems from more perspectives than my own. But keep in mind that some people just don't want to see things any way other than their own.