Internet, Schminternet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 06:54 AM
RE: Internet, Schminternet
It just depends on what annoys you more - commuting or slow internet.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2016, 09:15 AM
(15-06-2016 05:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Not even Malcolm???

Life is unfaaaaiiiirrr.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
15-06-2016, 09:28 AM
(15-06-2016 05:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  My rental contract expires in about two months which is very fortunate for me because my employer is moving from the outskirts of Prague to the center around the same time. I was looking for an apartment that's near the new office location today when I found out that there are one or two ISPs that offer 1Gbit/s Internet speeds for an impossibly low 25€/mo in select districts of the city. The only problem is that they're all about 40 minutes away from my future workplace. I have two choices now. I can either move so close to the office that I can get to work in 10 minutes and make do with 40Mbit/s Internet speeds or I can move to the outer districts, get to work in 40 minutes and enjoy 1000Mbit/s Internet speeds in return.

Hmm... decisions, decisions... Consider

I would gladly take slower internet at home to give up an hour of driving to and from work.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
15-06-2016, 09:45 AM
(15-06-2016 05:52 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 05:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  My rental contract expires in about two months which is very fortunate for me because my employer is moving from the outskirts of Prague to the center around the same time. I was looking for an apartment that's near the new office location today when I found out that there are one or two ISPs that offer 1Gbit/s Internet speeds for an impossibly low 25€/mo in select districts of the city. The only problem is that they're all about 40 minutes away from my future workplace. I have two choices now. I can either move so close to the office that I can get to work in 10 minutes and make do with 40Mbit/s Internet speeds or I can move to the outer districts, get to work in 40 minutes and enjoy 1000Mbit/s Internet speeds in return.

Hmm... decisions, decisions... Consider

If you are not downloading a ton of shit , 40mb/s is enough, I would choose to be closer to work.
You are also losing an hour a day more in traveling to work for more internet speed, and you know what they say...time is money.
So much this! It is not a consideration for me at all. Shorter commute please.
18-06-2016, 07:54 AM
I've made my decision. I'm going with the fast Internet. I love cutting-edge technology too much not to take advantage of this opportunity. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
18-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Doesn't this go in the "First World Problems" thread? Hehe.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
18-06-2016, 01:02 PM
(18-06-2016 07:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I've made my decision. I'm going with the fast Internet. I love cutting-edge technology too much not to take advantage of this opportunity. Big Grin

But the consequences of your actions young man mean an hour less per day to enjoy that fast internet. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-08-2016, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2016 10:34 AM by Vosur.)
I was able to find an apartment that is only 30 minutes away from work in the right district, one that looks very nice to boot. Unfortunately it's quite expensive, so I'll have to rent it together with a co-worker that I'm on good terms with.

[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
14-08-2016, 10:37 AM
(14-08-2016 10:22 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I was able to find apartment in the right district that is only 30 minutes away from work, one that looks very nice to boot. Unfortunately it's quite expensive, so I'll have to rent it together with a co-worker that I'm on good terms with.

That's almost 500 euros , right ? Not cheap at all.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
14-08-2016, 10:38 AM
(14-08-2016 10:37 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  That's almost 500 euros , right ? Not cheap at all.
Yeah and that price is not factoring in the utility costs (another ~3000CZK/~110€). I can cut that in half by renting it together with someone else; I think ~300€ isn't too bad for an apartment like that.

(15-06-2016 05:52 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  If you are not downloading a ton of shit [...]
Let me stop you right there. Big Grin

[Image: TnVy6G.png]