Internet, Schminternet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2016, 11:18 AM
RE: Internet, Schminternet
(15-06-2016 05:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 05:42 AM)pablo Wrote:  Nothing in the middle?

Not even Malcolm???

Hey diddle diddle.
The man in the middle.
Oh.
Never mind.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2016, 11:49 AM
(14-08-2016 10:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 10:37 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  That's almost 500 euros , right ? Not cheap at all.
Yeah and that price is not factoring in the utility costs (another ~3000CZK/~110€). I can cut that in half by renting it together with someone else; I think ~300€ isn't too bad for an apartment like that.

610€ all inclusive for a 70m^2 apartment in or near the center of a major city/capital in central europe? Is that what we are talking about.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
14-08-2016, 12:23 PM
(14-08-2016 11:49 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  610€ all inclusive for a 70m^2 apartment in or near the center of a major city/capital in central europe? Is that what we are talking about.
Yes, but it's important to keep in mind that the average monthly salary in the Czech Republic is only 793€ (In Germany, for example, it's 2225€).

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-08-2016, 12:27 PM
(14-08-2016 12:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 11:49 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  610€ all inclusive for a 70m^2 apartment in or near the center of a major city/capital in central europe? Is that what we are talking about.
Yes, but it's important to keep in mind that the average monthly salary in the Czech Republic is only 793€ (In Germany, for example, it's 2225€).

Ahh, ok then. So you get paid by Czech standards? Because by german standards (as you kinda pointed out) it would be *ridiculously affordable*. Smile

14-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Deesse , can you make a rough estimate how much would a head production menager, technical director type of job in a successful company pay in Germany?

Or in Czech Republic Vos?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
14-08-2016, 01:12 PM
(15-06-2016 09:28 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 05:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  My rental contract expires in about two months which is very fortunate for me because my employer is moving from the outskirts of Prague to the center around the same time. I was looking for an apartment that's near the new office location today when I found out that there are one or two ISPs that offer 1Gbit/s Internet speeds for an impossibly low 25€/mo in select districts of the city. The only problem is that they're all about 40 minutes away from my future workplace. I have two choices now. I can either move so close to the office that I can get to work in 10 minutes and make do with 40Mbit/s Internet speeds or I can move to the outer districts, get to work in 40 minutes and enjoy 1000Mbit/s Internet speeds in return.

Hmm... decisions, decisions... Consider

I would gladly take slower internet at home to give up an hour of driving to and from work.

BUt if perchance one has the option of riding a clean quiet train that has wifi as part of the service that would better than either, right?
14-08-2016, 01:23 PM
(14-08-2016 12:27 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Ahh, ok then. So you get paid by Czech standards?
No, but it's still significantly less than the German standard. I could afford to rent it by myself, I just don't want to spend that much money on rent. Tongue

(14-08-2016 12:27 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Because by german standards (as you kinda pointed out) it would be *ridiculously affordable*. Smile
Oh yeah, I have a friend in Munich who would kill for those rent prices. I currently live in a flatshare with a whole room to myself and only have to pay 205€/mo (all inclusive).

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-08-2016, 02:34 PM
(14-08-2016 12:57 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Deesse , can you make a rough estimate how much would a head production menager, technical director type of job in a successful company pay in Germany?

Please make a more detailled job description, so we can avoid any misunderstandings. Are we talking about someone responsible for a whole plant? Or even member of the board (technical CEO)? Responsible for how many people?

14-08-2016, 03:01 PM
(14-08-2016 02:34 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 12:57 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Deesse , can you make a rough estimate how much would a head production menager, technical director type of job in a successful company pay in Germany?

Please make a more detailled job description, so we can avoid any misunderstandings. Are we talking about someone responsible for a whole plant? Or even member of the board (technical CEO)? Responsible for how many people?

I was wondering how much would I get paid approximately if I did a job like mine in Germany.
This is what I do...My title is technical director , I am in charge of technical side of the entire production in a company that employs 120 people , around 70 of them in production. The company is without competition best in the field in Serbia and we also export. We manufacture high end security and interior doors.
Every single door that we produce is made by technical specification that I make and nothing is made without my approval. We make doors by order only so every single one is unique.
I only answer to the owners of the company, there is nobody above me in the company's structure but there are 2 more guys that are equal to me in the hierarchy.

I'm just looking for a ball park estimate , what would be realistic. 20 -30% up or down margin is fine.

Thanks.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
14-08-2016, 03:33 PM
(14-08-2016 03:01 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 02:34 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Please make a more detailled job description, so we can avoid any misunderstandings. Are we talking about someone responsible for a whole plant? Or even member of the board (technical CEO)? Responsible for how many people?

I was wondering how much would I get paid approximately if I did a job like mine in Germany.
This is what I do...My title is technical director , I am in charge of technical side of the entire production in a company that employs 120 people , around 70 of them in production. The company is without competition best in the field in Serbia and we also export. We manufacture high end security and interior doors.
Every single door that we produce is made by technical specification that I make and nothing is made without my approval. We make doors by order only so every single one is unique.
I only answer to the owners of the company, there is nobody above me in the company's structure but there are 2 more guys that are equal to me in the hierarchy.

I'm just looking for a ball park estimate , what would be realistic. 20 -30% up or down margin is fine.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. It depends a lot what the size of you rcompany is and how many people work for you. In my company with ca. 200.000 empolyees, you would lead a department, which is roundabout 100 people (or maybe one level higher). Technical director would be responsible for 20.000 people at least, so i dont think we could compare your current job to this. Its just too different a size of the company.

So, you would get roundabout 120.000-150.000€ annually, 20%-30% of this depending on your performance, subdivided into 13 monthly salaries (ca. 10.000€ monthly). Of course additional benefits like a nice Daimler, BMW or Audi. This sum is before tax. As a rule of thumb you will get 50%-60% of that cash for booze and cheap hookers. The rest you can just fritter away on senseless expenses. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post