Internet Sibling Rivalry...Sort Of

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Internet Sibling Rivalry...Sort Of
I have 2 sisters, one being my half sister with her Cherokee heritage. Me and my half sister are the only atheists that occupy our family's history. She's not very active about it as I am, she only speaks up when it's incredibly necessary, I speak no matter the circumstance, if I see or hear stupidity I contribute to balance the difference between right and wrong.

My full-blooded sister is the most devout of our family's name. She's been baptized 3 times, made trips to Mexico and Africa (I accuse her of manipulating herself into these trips for a bragging right) to tell the starving population of children about microwave ovens, while in Mexico she tried to make it seem that all Mexican homes are no bigger than a Barbie doll house and expected sympathy when she displayed sadness when her own home was bigger.

Today she wrote maybe the dumbest thing I ever read from her. She wrote, "When the Big One finds you may this song (referring to 'Breakfast' by Newsboys) remind you that those going to Hell never deserve breakfast!" She used to cook me breakfast for years before I started living with my father and then on my own. And she was listening to this song not long after it became vocal in 1997. Psychologically speaking, this little rant of hers is almost as reflective as that of a transference between a patient's accumulated feelings during memory loss being fixated towards his/her doctor before memory is regained. I personally could not help but mention this to her in response, by asking when she made me breakfast, was her mindset on me as her brother or as me as a potential hell descendant?

Her answer: She deleted my question. Nothing new, she deletes almost every word I say to her. I figured however this was quite an interesting little event over the internet between a bother and a sister who could not be any more different. I love her no matter, it's just disappointing how little she'll react when she directly attacks me.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Matthew Laramore's post
20-09-2012, 04:22 PM
RE: Internet Sibling Rivalry...Sort Of
If people can't deal with me asking questions or feel they can't be questioned... I delete them from my social media. Yes, even family. I have family members I've disowned (not over social media, but they're blocked there too) who have treated my and the rest of my family like shit. You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends. Life is too short to deal with people who will treat you like shit.

I have no issues cutting ties with people if they want to see me as a lesser person because of my world view. Doesn't matter who they are. Family, friends, etc.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
20-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Seek pleasure, avoid pain. Live a happy life.
Family pain, avoid.
Family pleasure, seek.

I was recently accused of "not being close" to anyone in my family, by a family member.

No shit! They're a bunch of dedicated catholics.
You just can't be that close to others than have a theist world view if you're an atheist. You don't share the bond, the struggle, the perspective, that theists relate to and bond together with. You don't share the same glue.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
20-09-2012, 11:17 PM
(20-09-2012 04:22 PM)Logisch Wrote:  If people can't deal with me asking questions or feel they can't be questioned... I delete them from my social media. Yes, even family. I have family members I've disowned (not over social media, but they're blocked there too) who have treated my and the rest of my family like shit. You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends. Life is too short to deal with people who will treat you like shit.

I have no issues cutting ties with people if they want to see me as a lesser person because of my world view. Doesn't matter who they are. Family, friends, etc.

She does not mistreat me, she just has a horrid knack for creating a situation at my expense and not handling it further once I get involved. But the fact is for her to censor my very statements means she would of have to of read them first, which satisfies me enough.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

21-09-2012, 05:07 AM
OK, I gotta ask these things. How can you be baptized 3 times? It is a sacrament that you take ONE time. So if she took it 3 times, does it mean that she changed her religion 2 times after the initial baptism and her first religion?

You say she went to Africa to talk about microwaves and went to Mexico to talk about how sad she is that she has a big house? Can you please tell me the secret of your calmness, because I would go berserk on her after THIS level of hypocrisy. Outrageous. The very worst type of Christian you can be, the worst. Also, it falls in the worst type of human beings as well.

I have a feeling that her understanding of Christianity is horribly low and bad. What sect is she in anyway?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Your guess is as good as my own. Her first baptism was before I was born, her second was somewhere in the mid 90's, and her third was shortly after I graduated high school in 2005, and all were partaken in the same church. Her trips to Mexico and Africa were something of a hunger drive, they took food donations (because the thousands that church takes in weekly through offerings couldn't afford a single Beefaroni can I guess.) and donated personally these cans to the poorest people they could find in the said countries. The highlights however according to-based on what she spoke of the most, was when she explained microwave ovens to the [poor] Africans and how tiny Mexican homes were. Her 3 baptisms are beyond my understanding. Although I can contribute some little facts that might pertain to it;

A: she always writes daily how much of a failure she is as a woman of faith which may oppose her every purpose to being baptized in the first place. If she can fail herself enough, she most likely thinks about starting over anew, and gets re-baptized.

B: every few years or so she hangs out with a new age group. Most recently Youth Group teens, which she is no longer a part of, although when invited she'll go on field trips with them. New age group = new baptism? I highly doubt that one but who knows?

C: she's approaching 30 and has never had a true relationship with anyone, particularly because she refuses to associate with smokers or drinkers (although she is guilty of drinking Mexican liquor) I don't think she wants to be involved with anyone that is reminiscent of our father, and as I stated in my first post, wants a bragging right. What more dedication can a faith monger have than be baptized at every quarter of their age?

I don't know, your guess is as mine. I don't really give a damn either when I know how it makes her look. I'm calm about it because what else can I be? To lose my cool over something so stupid is just as ridiculous as a fourth baptism. If life has taught me anything it's that though hysteria is indiscriminate of circumstance, one's personal reaction to that circumstance is not if they are experienced enough with it, and I can assure you I was an angry child.