Internet friends

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Internet friends
This past week my oldest daughter turned 10. Today I realized that one of my FB friends is a gal I *met* on ivillage when we were both trying to get pregnant. We have been internet friends for over 10 years.

I have never talked with her on the phone, never skyped, never met in person.

TEN YEARS!

Anyone else have a friend that you've never met face to face-how long have you known them?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2013, 09:50 PM
RE: Internet friends
Damn you must be old. Tongue

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
11-07-2013, 09:52 PM
I met someone on a support forum over ten years ago. However, we have talked on the phone. We have never met in person and keep up with one another on FB.

I did get to meet some of my daughter's friends that I had as friends on facebook when I went to SC...it was nice to see them in person...one even bought me a birthday cake!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-07-2013, 09:58 PM
(11-07-2013 09:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Damn you must be old. Tongue

only compared to some.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-07-2013, 10:36 PM
I've got an internet "BFF" whom I have been friends with since probably 1998. We played video games together over the internet and she still plays video games over the internet with me haha. She's still super kickass at starcraft and starcraft 2. We've never met up before. We still chat and everything once in a while.

I have several friends like that. But people get busy and life happens so you don't talk as much. Still nice to talk to them now and then.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
12-07-2013, 02:31 AM
Well, I've been here for 3 years, I do consider some people here my friends, we even exchanged some things, but never met anyone from here in RL.

Today I will meet one guy that I knew from Ikariam, a web browser game I have been playing for over 5 years, we were leaders in our guild, we are administrators on our forum for our guild. He is coming to this music festival and so I will meet him for the first time.

A long long time ago I met with one other guy I met online, on a drug related newsgroup. We smoked some shit together.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson