Internet senstivity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Internet senstivity
Do you think that people tend to be overly sensitive to criticism on the web? We are so used to people being 'Ultra mean' that we don't recognize a genuine criticism. I saw on a forum that someone mentioned an article seemed poorly researched and misogynistic, and an admin popped up and started tearing this dude a new butthole.

To me it didn't seem like a big deal, it was polite and even offered things that were good about the article.

Even when this guy apologized for his criticism the admin and now writer of the article called him 'passive aggressive' and a 'troll'

I don't understand, have we become hyper sensitive in the age of internet bullies?

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2011, 12:03 PM
RE: Internet senstivity
Hey monkeyshine I recommend you stop being such a bully and trying to hurt everyone's feelings. It's pretty mean and it's time for you to stop. Smile
Very true about internet sensitivity, however I think this is just the case with how people are now.
Everyone needs to be handled with kid gloves for some reason. I've never treated people that way however and have a very difficult time maneuvering myself through this dangerous mine field of a landscape.
I even fashion myself as a fairly sensitive guy, but somehow Everyone else seems to out do me. The internet also ads the wonderful incognito feature which allows people both the ability to insult with reckless abandon and tag team defend all at the same time.
I also think that a lot of the people out there who take things to heart are the kind of people who may have been bullied at some point in real life so when things are said on the interwebz they may take it too seriously which is the only reason I try not to be too harsh with my words ( I fail sometimes, and lack control at others).
All we can do is assume we don't have the full story, and move on.
At the same time, for a supposed moderator to rock such a viscous stance against some random dude who even apologized for offending seems a bit far. People offend, it's what we do, but we also forgive, I mean even the bible got that right.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I dont know, i never understood people who take words to heart over the internet, i mean people who can insult over a computer screen really dont deserve any attention and you can simply just ignore them i know people have commited sucide over bullying on the internet but honestly i really cannot see how words on a screen can effect you that much.
02-08-2011, 05:58 PM
People you have to realize that internet is a harsh place!! It's like natural selection, survival of the fittest!!! You'll have evolve yourself or teared and eaten and be left for the vultures!!!!! =D

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
06-08-2011, 07:33 AM
You know why they all act like jerks? Because they are hiding behind their LCD, so they can give into all of their frustrations online, since they can't do it in real life. Most of these guys are wussies who use Internet to be all cool, righteous, strong and ultra-smart, when they can't be like that on their job, in their house... But not me, I am like that in RL as well as online...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson