Interstellar opnions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Interstellar opnions
Has anyone seen this movie? What's your take on it. I'd hate to spend almost three hours on a movie that's not very good.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: Interstellar opnions
I have no idea what to think. I keep seeing amazing reviews, even saw an article that says their portrayal of a black hole was amazingly accurate. Then one of my favorite astrophysicists Phil Plait said it was horrible across the board. Bad story, bad science. I'll see it, but maybe not in theaters Undecided

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
09-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Critics on rotten tomatoes gave it 73%, and out of 11,000 plus user reviews 88% liked it. I say it's worth seeing, but I won't go in expecting to be amazed.

Interested to see if others here have seen it yet.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
09-11-2014, 05:48 PM
It looks good to me, too. However, I'm dubious; Inception (another Christopher Nolan CGI flic) looked good and the special effects were incredible but ... (prepare for shit flinging) I thought the direction was hideous, the story convoluted, and I just ended up not giving a shit about any of the characters.

As for Interstellar - cast-wise, I don't mind Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway but, I'm not all ga-ga about them, either. If I were seeing this film for anyone it might be Michael Caine... I hope he didn't just need to pay a bill. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-11-2014, 06:04 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...terstellar

Rolleyes

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
09-11-2014, 07:43 PM
I just came home from seeing it.

it.was.long.

I thought Gravity had more "awe" of space, visually. Most of the scenes were inside the various ships or on the farm.

the science, be prepared for lots of artistic license.

I am glad I saw it in the theater, I wouldnt pay to see it again, but if a friend was paying my way, I would go again. Tongue

Definately would rent so I could hit the pause button when I wanted to instead of when the 9 year old decided it was an emergency run to the restroom time Dodgy

It had a few short tear jerker moments, but not near as many as I was expecting from the trailers.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Never see a movie like this with any hope for the science. Only go for a fleeting glimpse of what it may be like to see space first hand, esp on a big screen.

I'll go see it.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
09-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Mostly what B&A said.

Entertaining enough to keep me watching but not so much as to enthusiastically recommend it.

They lost me when the secret door of the conference room opened and adjacent to it was a Saturn V rocket launch pad...really?

Some interesting concepts and twists but to do so they had to butcher the laws of physics.

Acting was good.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-11-2014, 08:33 PM
(09-11-2014 08:15 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Never see a movie like this with any hope for the science. Only go for a fleeting glimpse of what it may be like to see space first hand, esp on a big screen.

As if you didn't know it... I mean, it's clear from your avatar that you're an astronaut! Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
09-11-2014, 08:42 PM
(09-11-2014 08:33 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 08:15 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Never see a movie like this with any hope for the science. Only go for a fleeting glimpse of what it may be like to see space first hand, esp on a big screen.

As if you didn't know it... I mean, it's clear from your avatar that you're an astronaut! Tongue

HeartHeartHeart
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post