Interventionism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Interventionism
I agree it depends heavily on the conflict.

However, as a general rule I disagree with Chas's go big or go home statement.
This 'new' formula of offering air support for local ground troops is the way to go I believe.
It gives locals military experience. It gives them a sense of nation pride and "we did that". If locals do it their way then they are more likely to establish something long lasting that they will want to make work and last. It's their conflict and so the lives lost should be theirs. It's cheaper. It's not dirty old 'Murica just walking in and dictating what's gonna happen. People might actually start liking America and the rest of the west again, or at least not hating us and wanting to blow us up.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-09-2014, 07:35 PM
(06-09-2014 06:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I agree it depends heavily on the conflict.

This 'new' formula of offering air support for local ground troops is the way to go I believe.
It gives locals military experience. It gives them a sense of nation pride and "we did that". If locals do it their way then they are more likely to establish something long lasting that they will want to make work and last. It's their conflict and so the lives lost should be theirs. It's cheaper. It's not dirty old 'Murica just walking in and dictating what's gonna happen. People might actually start liking America and the rest of the west again, or at least not hating us and wanting to blow us up.

You make a good argument. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2014, 08:17 PM
(06-09-2014 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 06:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I agree it depends heavily on the conflict.

You make a good argument. Drinking Beverage

Gasp *braces self for world implosion*

06-09-2014, 09:38 PM
(06-09-2014 08:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  You make a good argument. Drinking Beverage

Gasp *braces self for world implosion*

Well you do have almost 13,000 posts it stands to reason at least one of them should be good. Sheer statistics.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-09-2014, 09:41 PM
(06-09-2014 09:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 08:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Gasp *braces self for world implosion*

Well you do have almost 13,000 posts it stands to reason at least one of them should be good. Sheer statistics.

Quantity over quality you say?
Meh, works for the Chinese.

16-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Russell Brand has his say:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
16-09-2014, 06:41 PM
(16-09-2014 08:41 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Russell Brand has his say:

I like Russel but he's wrong.
ISIS is a dangerous group who were killing the local Shia, and would have continued to do so, for not converting to Sunni. They want to take over all of Iraq and force Sunni, and all that goes with that, upon the Iraqi people. They do pose a serious threat to US/UK security.

To say that the beheadings were a direct result of airstrikes is probably true, but to say that the airstrikes are causing these fucktards to be fucktards is false. The airstrikes are necessary because they were fucktards to begin with.

An example of this would be the Kurds. The Kurds want to break away from Iraq and form Kurdistan. Much like how ISIS want to break away from Iraq and Syria and form Islamic State. The difference is that the Kurds aren't going around brutally forcing people to convert to Christianity.

The factors that caused all this shit storm going back several decades are entirely irrelevant. The fact is that we now have ISIS, an Al Qaeda break-away faction that wants to institute sharia law and brutally force everybody to convert to Sunni and poses a huge threat to Middle East and Western security, trying to take over several countries and "terrorizing the country side". The Iraqi government is obviously shit but a ISIS lead government would mean certain disaster not just for the west but more immediately and more drastically for the Iraqi people.

It is necessary for the US/UK and other western nations to assist, via airstrikes, the Iraqi and Kurdish forces in forcing ISIS out of their countries not just for western security but so Iraq can finally get its shit together and start to rebuild and form a country. I think the Kurd's should get independence out of this too but that's my 0.04c.

Every single one of these cunts needs to be put the fuck down.