Interview With An Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: Interview With An Atheist
(23-04-2015 03:51 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 10:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ALL the dating methods agree. Carbon dating is not the only one.
Silly Bucky. Theists don't bother with other forms of dating. Only C14 exists, y'see.

And no, that OP conversation never happened.

Oh, Ok. Facepalm
"And no, that OP conversation never happened."
Exactly. This guy probably hasn't even talked to hundreds of *PEOPLE* in his life, much less *atheists*. We know he lives in his mom's basement.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2015, 04:01 AM
(23-04-2015 04:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 03:51 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  ...
Theists don't bother with other forms of dating. Only C14 exists, y'see.

For those who like anagrams...

C with 14 other letters: Manger Nihilist

... is another form of dating.

What? No one likes puzzles anymore?

Sadcryface

26-04-2015, 04:30 AM
(26-04-2015 04:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 04:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  For those who like anagrams...

Sadcryface

I admit it; the post went over my head.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
26-04-2015, 12:12 PM
(26-04-2015 04:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 04:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  For those who like anagrams...

Sadcryface

Christian Mingle. Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-04-2015, 02:38 PM
(26-04-2015 12:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 04:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  What? No one likes puzzles anymore?

Sadcryface

Christian Mingle. Drinking Beverage

man if only i had the money, I would create atheistmingle.com,Rolleyes Laugh out load and cover the landscape with billboards, buy the property across from every church, and plaster it with electronic signs flashing biblical debunking facts...oh...a boy can dream....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
26-04-2015, 02:59 PM
(26-04-2015 02:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 12:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Christian Mingle. Drinking Beverage

man if only i had the money, I would create atheistmingle.com,Rolleyes Laugh out load and cover the landscape with billboards, buy the property across from every church, and plaster it with electronic signs flashing biblical debunking facts...oh...a boy can dream....

I still think the best thing you can do for far-reaching impact is to become the first atheist, errrr cough cough I mean, first "secular humanist" chaplain in US Military history. You haz teh codez. Do it or you're a pussy. Like earmuffs-level pussy. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-04-2015, 03:24 PM
(26-04-2015 02:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 02:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  man if only i had the money, I would create atheistmingle.com,Rolleyes Laugh out load and cover the landscape with billboards, buy the property across from every church, and plaster it with electronic signs flashing biblical debunking facts...oh...a boy can dream....

I still think the best thing you can do for far-reaching impact is to become the first atheist, errrr cough cough I mean, first "secular humanist" chaplain in US Military history. You haz teh codez. Do it or you're a pussy. Like earmuffs-level pussy. Tongue

Yeah that would be a dream right? Sadly thus far that door hasn't opened yet, and I retire in 11 months Big Grin

"Do American military chaplains need to believe in God? Or, as the Navy Times once asked, “Who supports the atheists in the military?” These questions attracted renewed attention this year after the Army formally recognized humanism as a religious preference for soldiers in April, and the Navy rejected the application of a humanist chaplain to join its ranks in June. The issue of how to meet the needs of non-theists in the military is neither new nor incidental. Rather, “who supports the atheists” is a question that has vexed the military for the better part of a century, as the U.S. tries to determine how to best serve a religiously diverse population.

More recently, a growing percentage of the military population has identified as non-theist. A 2012 Pentagon survey found more than 13,000 atheist or agnostic personnel, along with 276,000 troops (nearly a fourth of all personnel) who claimed no religious preference—a proportion of whom may also be non-theist. Since 1993, the chaplaincy has welcomed Muslim, Hindu, and Buddhist chaplains, but Christians still comprise more than 90 percent of the current chaplain corps. For humanists, atheists, and their allies, the absence of any representative leaders within the chaplaincy remains a significant problem as it leaves them without any official support."

http://religionandpolitics.org/2014/10/2...t-problem/

http://www.stripes.com/news/navy/would-b...n-1.312395

but damn that would be awesome Weeping

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
26-04-2015, 04:12 PM
(26-04-2015 03:24 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Yeah that would be a dream right? Sadly thus far that door hasn't opened yet, and I retire in 11 months Big Grin

Retire first and then come at it from the Naval Reserves angle. I mean you gonna be in the Reserves anyway for 5 years after you retire (Consider not sure that requirement holds for CWOs) and what else you gonna do more worthwhile? Go to work for some Beltway Bandit making gazliions more than you need?

27-04-2015, 05:18 AM
(26-04-2015 04:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 03:24 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Yeah that would be a dream right? Sadly thus far that door hasn't opened yet, and I retire in 11 months Big Grin

Retire first and then come at it from the Naval Reserves angle. I mean you gonna be in the Reserves anyway for 5 years after you retire (Consider not sure that requirement holds for CWOs) and what else you gonna do more worthwhile? Go to work for some Beltway Bandit making gazliions more than you need?

ya too bad they don't have warrants as chaplains Weeping