Interview request with a theist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Interview request with a theist
After reading on the Thinking Atheist pages the long and sometime downright strange apologetics of our theists member, I realised that, due to my lack of religious sentiment, apistevist nature and abscence of religious fundamentalist in my inner circle, I had no clue as to how they perceive the world and clearly don't understand them at all. I thus got this idea of inviting one for an interview so that they could explain to me how it is to live and think like a theist.

The format would be rather simple, I ask in each post a serie of questions to which I espect an a personnal answer. I do not want to read quotes of their Holy book with some explanations. I have already read both the Bible and the Quran in my free time, but has an historian this type of litterature loose all its magic. I will refrain on commenting on the truth or validity of the answer. The idea is to allow me to walk a few hundred meters in someone else shoe (so to speak).

Is there any volonteer?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2015, 04:23 PM
RE: Interview request with a theist
(13-12-2015 08:30 PM)epronovost Wrote:  After reading on the Thinking Atheist pages the long and sometime downright strange apologetics of our theists member, I realised that, due to my lack of religious sentiment, apistevist nature and abscence of religious fundamentalist in my inner circle, I had no clue as to how they perceive the world and clearly don't understand them at all. I thus got this idea of inviting one for an interview so that they could explain to me how it is to live and think like a theist.

The format would be rather simple, I ask in each post a serie of questions to which I espect an a personnal answer. I do not want to read quotes of their Holy book with some explanations. I have already read both the Bible and the Quran in my free time, but has an historian this type of litterature loose all its magic. I will refrain on commenting on the truth or validity of the answer. The idea is to allow me to walk a few hundred meters in someone else shoe (so to speak).

Is there any volonteer?

Theist is kind of a broad statement.

If my theism is sufficient for your purposes, I might be willing to participate.
14-12-2015, 05:07 PM
I would actually be very interested in interviewing you since your understanding of judaism seems to be excellent and rich. I think there is several historical questions that I would love to ask you since your expertise might shine a new light on old knowledge. Right now, I am interviewing Alla in a broader way. Because of it, I can't really start a new interview with you (plus if you volonteer, I might like to do some research on Ancient Hebrew history for interesting subject). Can I contact you in let say two week to schedule somehing?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
14-12-2015, 08:36 PM
(14-12-2015 05:07 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I would actually be very interested in interviewing you since your understanding of judaism seems to be excellent and rich. I think there is several historical questions that I would love to ask you since your expertise might shine a new light on old knowledge. Right now, I am interviewing Alla in a broader way. Because of it, I can't really start a new interview with you (plus if you volonteer, I might like to do some research on Ancient Hebrew history for interesting subject). Can I contact you in let say two week to schedule somehing?

Sure thing.