10-06-2013, 11:16 AM
RE: Interview with Jackson, Mississippi Atheist
Thanks for posting my friend. Good job!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes mec's post
10-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Gave this a watch or rather a listen... Good stuff, surprisingly civil and constructive. Kudos to the minister as well as our man in the trenches.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ridethespiral's post
10-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks to you mec for sending it to me. And welcome to the dark side!

Godless in the Magnolia State
11-06-2013, 08:02 AM
(10-06-2013 12:26 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Gave this a watch or rather a listen... Good stuff, surprisingly civil and constructive. Kudos to the minister as well as our man in the trenches.

Yeah I was impressed with how the minister accepted Neil too.
11-06-2013, 08:05 AM
[quote='cjs' pid='321916' dateline='1370897129']
Thanks to you mec for sending it to me. And welcome to the dark side!
[/quote

It was my pleasure to share it with you and so you could share with others as well.

Thanks for the welcome too. Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes mec's post
11-06-2013, 10:54 PM
He's very articulate and likeable, but he fails to discuss a very important point.

He doesn't mention the damage that Christianity does to individuals, personal relationships and international relations.

He fails to mention misogyny, homophobia, suppression of science and rational thought, or the time wasting.

He fails to mention sins committed by churches, both past and present. He doesn't talk about how people are being fleeced of their money.

He doesn't touch on the topic of the brainwashing of children, nor the teaching of hell to innocent easily scared children.

He avoids mentioning the fact that millions of people suffer unnecessary guilt about their sexuality because of Christianity.

Nice bloke, but he needs to grow some balls.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Love this part

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
12-06-2013, 02:31 PM
(11-06-2013 10:54 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  He's very articulate and likeable, but he fails to discuss a very important point.

He doesn't mention the damage that Christianity does to individuals, personal relationships and international relations.

He fails to mention misogyny, homophobia, suppression of science and rational thought, or the time wasting.

He fails to mention sins committed by churches, both past and present. He doesn't talk about how people are being fleeced of their money.

He doesn't touch on the topic of the brainwashing of children, nor the teaching of hell to innocent easily scared children.

He avoids mentioning the fact that millions of people suffer unnecessary guilt about their sexuality because of Christianity.

I understand what your saying, but it's a good first step in dialog with a church member.
[+] 3 users Like mec's post
12-06-2013, 03:00 PM
(11-06-2013 10:54 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  He's very articulate and likeable, but he fails to discuss a very important point.

I think the ground rules for the talk were to NOT mention those items. It doesn't appear that this was meant as a debate or attack session but rather instead to humanize the athiest in the congregation's eyes. However, I think he did touch on the topic of marriage for a small bit but you are generally right about the other topics.
[+] 3 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
12-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Yes, Mark, mec and others are correct in that the talk was confined to educating church members about us. In Jackson, MS, this is a huge first step.

Godless in the Magnolia State
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post