Interview with Jackson, Mississippi Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
16-06-2013, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2013 07:54 AM by mec.)
RE: Interview with Jackson, Mississippi Atheist
(15-06-2013 08:40 AM)mec Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 07:35 AM)cjs Wrote:  She was raised Methodist but as an adult only sporadically attended church. Most of her adult life she considered herself spiritual but not religious (she's 69 years old). Morally she has always been better than many religious people-loyal, non-judgmental, loving, knows we all have our own paths to go down, which is why she can handle my Pentecostal brother and me being so different.

As mec knows and as I've posted on here a bit about, my brother survived cancer and spent the last year and a half fighting it. Now his wife has cancer. I had previously discussed my atheism with her, and she has always been keenly aware of the randomness of many things in life. I think my SIL got diagnosed, she decided that a good god would not allow that. Also, we had just heard about these three young ladies having been locked up in Ohio for ten years, and she said who would allow that? Surely they prayed. Surely my bro and SIL have been the most devout, faithful Christians we know.

Anyhow, she realized there appears to be no one at the helm in the whole universe deal. It made sense to her. So she's always been agnostic, but lately she calls herself an atheist.

Thanks for sharing that...

She sounds like a great Mom. You are really lucky to have a Mom like that.

Diety Free in Dixieland
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes mec's post
16-06-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: Interview with Jackson, Mississippi Atheist
Yes I surely am. She's the best.

Godless in the Magnolia State
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post